Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I have never read the phrase "you could whip off their little tootie horn" delivered with such vehemence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Wind Waker's pseudo-rhythm combat was aces and could have been a great foundation for future games if the Wii's dogshit motion gimmick hadn't torpedoed it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
There is basically zero chance that Ganondorf won't wind up on the roster somehow in any case.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Dynasty Warriors and its clones do bad, bad things to the minds of people who like them. Take it from me, I've only played DW3, DW7, and Sengoku Basara 3 and probably spent more time on those three games making men go splat than I have on thirty others combined.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Why did I piss off a Cucco in a Dynasty Warriors game.

Why did I do this.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Have to say, I feel vaguely insulted by how they kept all of the Adventure Mode map secrets identical to LOZ1's. "Look at how long ago you played this game," it taunts. "How faint those memories must seem. Feel the inexorable creep of time across your weak human flesh."

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
The Ocarina of Time strategy guide I had was pretty great, in that it presented a lot of its flavor text like a history book of Link's exploits. It also had the official ReDead illustration and that poo poo was creepy as all heck

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

CuddlyZombie posted:

if you run out of time you get a "bad" cutscene but then get a free time-travel back. so you effectively have infinite time.

I'm pretty sure that if you let the moon crash it effectively reset you back to the beginning of the game. All items, heart containers etc., all gone.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Majora's Mask wouldn't be half as good if it weren't for its complete dedication to the time/moon conceit. The moon is always there (you can see it from literally every open-air zone in the game) and always, visibly, growing closer. On the 3rd Day the earth shakes whenever it draws nearer because the size of it is loving with gravity, it's amazing for an N64-era title.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
It's still a pretty cheap and trashy controller in any case. Eats battery faster than a Game Gear and its rumble feature might be one of the worst in controller history because it's too weak to disperse properly across that mammoth casing.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Hyrule Warriors is a good game. Miles ahead of, say, Twilight Princess.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm pretty sure he's not being entirely serious and is playing up reactions.

Austrian mook is a genuine idiot. The others probably less so.

Not thrilled about the changes, but I wasn't going to get the remake anyway so I'm not too put out. And in any case, I had a strategy guide on hand every time I played the original, so I probably can't throw stones.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Bass Bottles posted:

Yeah, it's my first time.

It was still pretty neat, though! This was also my first "stalk NPCs and realize they're actually moving around and doing things" quest and listening in on their conversations etc without knowing that was possible was pretty cool!! :)

Anju's daily schedule blew my mind when I was younger. Talk to her when she's making lunch for her mother and she'll chat you up about her family's history of running the hotel. Then you get to see her mother fake senility so she doesn't have to eat Anju's cooking and it makes Anju sad and then I get sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

SyRauk posted:

Odolwa creeps me out solely because of those weird sounds he is making. I wonder what he is saying...

It's actually Mayan. Found this on TVtropes of all places:

"K'iinam tňok ňol!" = Head will ache and burn
"Tňokik taali!" = Come burn
"A'alik beora!" = Dance now

• Locked thread