Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
How do you feel about the original LoZ's merchant system? I thought that was the best executed it's been in the whole series. Most of the items are things that are nice to have, barring two exceptions (the arrows and meat, and even then I think you can just pick up the silver arrows in the last dungeon), and the prices seem to fit a lot better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

When i was a kid I think i legitimately beat maybe one game out of the 20 or so games I had. Super Mario brothers, if i remember right. A common practice back then was to make your game extremely hard so you couldn't just rent the game and beat it. People love to hate on in-game tutorials, but back then if you rented a game and some kid had annihilated or lost the manual you could find yourself guessing at core game mechanics. Retro gaming was poorly coded and hard far more often than it was tightly designed and rewarding.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

It looks like there's two separate versions of link, although it may just be a costume swap. Saw some different shields and swords maybe? The campaign mode will be strange with Koei's Korean soap opera cinemas and link being mute.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Hedrigall posted:

Some goons are so out of shape they can't lift their arm higher than a resting position. That's a great thing to learn.

I know what you meant here, but there are legitimately people who could have trouble playing a game like that - reduced range of motion from an injury, ill health, etc.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

is this playable on the 'old' 3DS? Is that still a thing?

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

My mom's a lefty and when she was in school if the teacher caught her writing with her left she'd get smacked on the hand by a ruler.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Sadly Kafei is the actual parallel Link funny as that would be.

Wait, is he left handed?

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Ikana is really intense for a Zelda game. Like drat.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but getting the gibdo mask (though fairly easy) is one of the most :catstare: moments in the series

I almost can't believe they put something that intense in a game for children

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

If you count the other mini labyrinths there's:

woodfall
snowhead
pirate's fortress
ikana castle
under the well
stone tower
the moon

I'm probably forgetting one or two, but the big difference is that they're all designed to be completed within a regular cycle of time, so none of them end up being overly long. Also, the overworld is vastly more robust, as many people have pointed out, and there's actually stuff to do with your rupees other than let the counter sit at 999 for the whole game.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Zelda II is actually really short, probably one of the shortest games in the series. It's my favorite of the series, but I'm in the minority on that opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Yup. Zelda II was rife with 'you really should buy nintendo power' type stuff. A guide is a necessity.

• Locked thread