Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Manky posted:

I'm in the same (talking) boat. I loved Twilight Princess, but I haven't played SS in maybe a year because I got so frustrated by the combat. I must be spastic, because even with the bundled wiimote, and recalibrating it every minute, it would do what I wanted a quarter of the time.

Whenever I see someone say that they had to recalibrate every few minutes, I wonder if they're talking about the quick re-centering of the cursor or the full laying down of the wiimote for a few seconds way. If the latter is being needed every minute, then something is distinctly wrong. I don't know if faulty motion pluses were a widespread issue, but I always wished I could see what people were physically doing when they say that the controls never worked.

I never had any issues with the controls, except that trusting was a bit tricky at times. I was grinning like a maniac once Link was given the sword and I realized how much control I had. Maybe I just got lucky. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

okay maybe a few times

Heavy Lobster posted:

Agreed on the sand rod, but when was the boomerang useful where the upgraded hookshot wasn't even better? It was faster, also stunned, and had the added bonus of also dealing with the rare shielded enemy.

The upgraded boomerang had the perks of not anchoring you in place, three total shots out at a time, and can hit things on the return. I used it extensively once I had it. It is also extremely helpful against the streetpass shadow links, both dragging them to you and stunning them at the same time.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

okay maybe a few times

Oxyclean posted:

Is there a source/evidence for this? I know someone from Nintendo once commented that 2 dungeons got cut from Wind Waker then were re-used in a game to follow - but I thought they implied they were used in Twilight Princess.

There's never been a statement as to what dungeons were used elsewhere, but I'd bet :10bux: that the Temple of Time from TP and Ancient Cistern from SS were both WW dungeons originally. The use of the dominion rod screams WW to me, and most of the whip functions in the Cistern could've originally been for the grappling hook. Also the boss made use of "grab dropped weapon" concept that was all over WW.

• Locked thread