Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

RME posted:

I would love if the world was open like Dark Souls. I would also love if it took the coop/pvp structure of dark souls.
What I'm saying is if Nintendo made Zelda Souls I might never stop buying the game.

Half the fun of Dark Souls is the difficulty. It's a great idea but I can't imagine Nintendo doing it. What we really need is a 3D style online Four Swords for the Wii U. (If not 3D, a 2D one would be great also)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

RentCavalier posted:

Wind Waker should have let you warp to more islands and not had the last chunk of the game be a tedious loving scavenger hunt on your slow-rear end boat.

This is 100% true.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Soylent Heliotrope posted:

my vote for best Zelda game is hands-down Four Swords Adventures.

I agree with this statement. Four Swords Adventures with four players is easily the most fun Zelda game.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I just beat Wind Waker HD. I'm on the fence about if I should get Skyward Sword or not. I hated TP and don't understand why a Wii game selling for so much.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

That loving Sned posted:

I've seen that article before, and it's really cool to see all the technology they were able to use in what appears to be a simple-looking game.

Unfortunately, I don't like a lot of the changes they made to the HD version, with the exception of the new real-time shadows.

I mean, look at this poo poo:

It's even worse when you open a chest:

Are those screen shots of Wind Waker running on Dolphin? When I played the HD version, it looked much better than the GC one.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Suspicious Dish posted:

Dolphin does not run Wii U games.

I probably should have been more specific but I meant was that Dolphin running the GC Wind Waker.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Is the Wii VC version of Majora's Mask good? Does it freeze or anything weird?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Is it bad that I wish they would do a Gamecube Twilight Princess VC release on the Wii U? I think I might enjoy that version more than the Wii version.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Nihilarian posted:

I watched the cycle happen even though I always liked all of those Zeldas. My little brother hated WW and now it's his favorite.

Did he play the HD remake? It'd make sense if some people that didn't like it changed their minds after playing the remake.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I'm nearing the end of my first Skyward Sword play through. I hate any segment involving sky diving and landing onto platforms. The controls are generally good but sometimes they can be frustrating. I wish you could have the option to control swimming or flying in a manner similar to the boat.

edit: I also don't like the game's forward jab in combat.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jul 7, 2014

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Scans of Fi, Ghirhim and the Imprisoned are up

As expected Fi turns herself into a sword to cut people. (crossposting)

Disturbing lack of Groose in this information.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I haven't played much of the Dynasty Warriors games but my understanding that Lu Bu is the most powerful character in most or all of the games. I hope this game makes Groose the Lu Bu equivalent.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

PantsBandit posted:

I hope this game's plot ends up like the movie The One, with Link murdering every alternate universe version of himself to become the ultimate hero.

I like this idea. They should specifically have him do this a few minutes after each game's ending.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Nintendo really needs to make a 4 player online Four Swords Adventures sequel. That was such a good Gamecube game. Easily one of my favorite Zelda games.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NA dudes, preorder costume info: OOT costumes are at Gamestop, TP costumes are at Amazon, SS costumes are probably at Best Buy.

Really wanted to buy this digital. Now I may buy it at Best Buy or Gamestop.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Flytrap posted:

Before Majora's Mask but after F Zero GX.

That's Skyward Sword Link, so Mario Kart 8 takes place around the time of Skyward Sword and other Mario Karts occur earlier than every Zelda. Donkey Kong is now the start of the Zelda timeline.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 28, 2014

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Which Oracle game should be played first?

edit: Never mind, I went back a few pages in this thread and found the answer.

Guy Freeman posted:

There is one square of the map in Oracle of Ages that you cannot get to (and therefore will be blank on your map) unless you are playing a linked game. So if that sort of thing bothers you, play Seasons, then Ages. Hell, you should do that anyways, given that Ages is harder and makes for a better overall difficultly curve.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Sep 12, 2014

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Four Swords Adventures is the best Zelda game.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Moose-Alini posted:

I just started Four Sword Adventure got like half way through the first level and ehhhh... Is this game worth my time playing? Does it even really count as a Zelda game?

Tell me what to do, oh Zelda thread... This is the only game I never played.

Just try to play it with as many people in co-op as possible. Also, it is more fun/hilarious if you mess with other players or throw them in a hole while playing.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

larchesdanrew posted:

I keep wanting to go back and play through Skyward Sword again, but the silent realms were so loving nerve-wracking I just can't. Every single one of those gave me huge minor anxiety attacks and they were the exact opposite of enjoyable and fun. I dread the idea of having to do them again.

Is there a patch or cheat I can do via homebrew/dolphin to just skip those sections?

Just pull up a random LP video off YouTube from those sections and do exactly what they do. It shouldn't be an issue.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

MokBa posted:

Let's acknowledge the fact that playing on the WiiU gamepad means that we don't have to flail our arms around anymore to swing a sword. Glory be!

You didn't have to flail your arms around to play Skyward Sword.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Hedrigall posted:

So Bayonetta 2 came with a free copy of Bayonetta 1 in every box.

What if Zelda U came with a free copy of Twilight Princess HD in every box :neckbeard:

It'd be cool but if Ninendo was going to make Twilight Princess HD they'd sell it separately for $50. It wouldn't shocked me if they release Twilight Princess HD in 2016.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Twilight Princess caused me to quit playing Zelda games. Playing Wind Waker HD then A Link Between Worlds got me back into them. After that I played Skyward Sword and enjoyed it. I still have no desire to try Twilight Princess again. My point is everyone didn't randomly change their opinions on which Zelda games are good/bad, different people like different games.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Calling the next game "Zelda U" makes me really want Link to wear a green collegiate hoodie and be, like, an architecture student or something. Ganondorf could be the Dean and Tingle is, obviously, the grossly ineffective school ombudsman.

One of the side quests is joining a lovable fraternity of losers (you get a new tunic upon completion.) They help you pull pranks on Dean Gannondorf. (voiced by Jim Rash.)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I'm about to start Zelda 2 for the first time. I know it doesn't have the best reputation but I still wanted to play it. Is there anything I should know about the game before starting?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Havoc904 posted:

As I am sure a lot of people are doing, I have been trying to go through every Zelda game since the last fall in preparation for the Wii U release this upcoming fall. I am about to wrap up Wind Waker tonight (which I have thoroughly enjoyed on my first play through) and I was looking to see if anyone had any suggestions for which game(s) to pick up next.

Since I have started, these are the games I have played through:

Ocarina of Time 3DS
A Link Between Times
Legend of Zelda
Wind Waker

So obviously, I have still got quite a alot of games to go through. I will be picking up Majora's Mask next week, but I'm not sure if I want to start it right away. Right now, the top titles I am looking at are:

Skyward Sword (have only ever played through the first dungeon)
The Minish Cap (never played)
A Link to the Past (last played through the beginning of 2013)
Twilight Princess (last played through the end of 2012)
Majora's Mask (played about half of it back in 2001)

So does anyone have any suggestions on which to start with (I am also open to starting with any other Zelda games, those were just my top five. I have really enjoyed the last bit of Wind Waker because I was collecting Tri Force Shards and just exploring all the islands in depth. I will be playing through all the games anyway, just wanted to hear some thoughts on where to go next after enjoying Wind Waker so much.

Go with Skyward Sword. Just stick with the controls and know that small wrist flicks work.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Soon enough there will be debates about where this show fits in the timeline.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Zelda thread, which game should I buy next and why? Hyrule Warriors or Majora's Mask 3D. I've never played a Warriors game but all the videos for Hyrule Warriors look fun. I've only played the first few hours of Majora's Mask but really want to give it a second chance.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

So far on my first play through of Zelda 2 I have beat 5 palaces. Even though I only have 2 left I'm tempted to quit. This game must have been insane without save states.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Carbon dioxide posted:

I guess Twilight Princess is a good game to remake, but not just yet. Let's wait until the nostalgia factor starts happening, like it did for every other game that was considered bad at first.

It's not that people suddenly like a game they didn't years ago, it's just different people posting.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Haven't had time to make much progress in Zelda 2 the past few days. Today I was able to spend a little bit of time and decided to grind my level up. Hopefully being the max level will make the last two palaces easier.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Just beat Zelda 2. The path to the last temple and the last temple must be the hardest in any Zelda game. I can't imagine being a kid thinking I've almost beat the game and then encountering that last bit. If anyone is considering playing this game, I'd recommend waiting to get some of the extra lives on the overworld. Anybody who beat this game without save states is the true Hero of Hyrule. (I am not.)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

noirstronaut posted:

Is it worth it to buy all a Majora's Mask guide? I feel like I'm being a stupid, but I also feel like I'm missing things. Like, I'm at the swamp now solely because the lil fairy dude told me to come here, but I don't know if there's another place I should be visiting beforehand solely for benefit.

And is this Deku game hard as hell or do I just fundamentally suck at it?

This might help.
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/majoras-mask-walkthrough/

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

greatn posted:

Shoot, they have to release something for his 30th anniversary. If the WiiU title comes or this year what would be suitable for Zelda's 30th?

Four Swords Adventures ported to the Wii U with online co-op. If the other players are on your friend list you can see their face/hear them via the gamepad. (Nintendo would never do that.) I really wish I could play 4 player 4 Swords Adventures again.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Chaltab posted:

What's criminal is that Four Swords Adventures came out trying to push GBA-GC connectivity, but it was hard to get working because of the hardware and set-up requirements; whereas now Nintendo has the technology to do it seamlessly via the Gamepad and online, but probably never will.

I'm shocked they didn't try it again with the Wii/DS. I wouldn't be shocked if someone at Nintendo has tried to propose doing it again and an executive keeps killing the idea citing poor sales of the original as a reason why it's a bad idea. They really should try it again with the Wii U. The Gamepad would make it much more accessible.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I'm sure the answer is no but I thought I would just check in this thread. Does anyone know any online stores that have Majora's Mask 3DS at any kind of discount?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Playing through Link to the Past for the first time after playing A Link Between Worlds is interesting. Are all the temples in the same location?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I wish they would remake Zelda 1 or 2 on 3ds in 3D with the N64ish assets for the upcoming Zelda anniversary.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

If A Link to the Past was designed as a prequel why does it end with "and the Master Sword sleeps again...Forever!"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

I just wish Nintendo would make a zelda game that ends with the great flood

It's too bad Aonuma went back on his comment that it might not be Link in the trailer for the new Legend of Zelda. http://nintendoeverything.com/aonuma-confirms-that-link-was-the-character-featured-in-zelda-wii-us-debut-video/

He should have just never touched on that comment, had everyone forget about it, think you're playing as Link, and at the end of the game have the character fail/Hyrule flood because he is not actually the chosen hero. (but throughout the game NPCs assume he is the hero of legend)

• Locked thread