Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I'm starting Majora's Mask 3d. Growing up I was a big fan of OoT but never really got into Majora's Mask. Is there anything I should keep in mind going into this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Windwaker HD or Ocarina of Time 3D. Help me choose the form of my timewaster.

Windwaker HD, the combat is more fun.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Kurtofan posted:

Who cares, some teasing is happening on Miiverse

That's the Mask's Salesman and that's an official account. Imagine if Zelda Wii U has masks!

Or if they put out a third 3DS game with N64ish assets. A third game for the Hero of Time could be fun.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Is the final boss in Spirit Tracks some kind of Gannon train?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Should I just avoid the DS Zelda games? People seem to generally not like them and they are expensive most place I look. I was expecting them to be put out on Wii U VC when Japan got Brain Age but Nintendo never added more DS games.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Which Oracle game is best to play first?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Where do Tingle's Balloon Fight and Soul Calibur 2 fit in on the timeline? If I had to guess Tingle's Balloon Fight is probably right after Wind Waker and SC2 is probably after Majora's Mask.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Chakram posted:

They need more time to figure out how to make a sidekick worse than Fi.

A sidekick worse than Fi in a large open world game would be terrible and hilarious.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

greatn posted:

Seriously, if they made a remake where sword and shield are always equipped to B and R, you have two item slots apart from that on X and Y, and power bracelets and other context sensitive actions were automatic on A, that would make Link's Awakening pretty flawless. Hell, throw the ocarina songs as separate buttons on the touchscreen while you're at it so you never have to equip that piece of poo poo. Might as well throw Pegasus boots on L.

It should also not have a message pop up every time you bump into a rock you can't move yet. A remake of Link's Awakening could be pretty fun. Port all gameboy Zeldas into the Link Between Worlds engine.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

It has singleplayer. Additionally it has online play so it's basically the FSA that I've been wanting for ages and I have no idea why people aren't more excited for it.

Same here. I really hope this causes them to do a port of FSA with online to the Wii U somehow next year. Glad to see another multiplayer Zelda.

edit: Sharing hearts is a good way to ensure people don't grief too hard.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jun 16, 2015

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Blackheart posted:

I think GB Temple is OK, but if it makes you sad the whole Ikana experience more than makes up for it.

I stopped playing after finishing GB Temple, I really need to finish up the game.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Suspicious Dish posted:

but why have a pause button if you can't use it for pausing the game

Can't you just turn off auto power down?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dark Souls was much better than Dark Souls 2. If they made Zelda as hard as Dark Souls, it'd probably sell less copies. Zelda might be able to take one or two ideas from Dark Souls but if Dark Souls took some ideas from Zelda, maybe it'd sell as well as Zelda.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I really hope the new story chapter of Hyrule Warriors for the 3ds will be dlc for the wii u version.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Would be hilarious if that icon was just for some Hyrule Warriors dlc.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Suspicious Dish posted:

Is there any evidence that the new Zelda is cross-gen?

We are Nintendo fans in this thread. A piece of printed paper posted on gamefaqs with the Nintendo and E3 logos at the top can cause 30 pages of debate.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

How good is Triforce Heroes? I don't know anyone who has it but loved FSA.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dr Cheeto posted:

I know this might shock some of you but I'm new to this series, just finished OoT 3D and Majora's Mask 3D. I really enjoyed them!

I'm going to pick up Wind Waker HD next, wondering what I should put on my short list for must-plays. I hear LTTP is the dog's balls and also Link Between Worlds is good?

Thanks!

After you play a few more Zelda games and want to mix it up, try Hyrule Warriors. Link's Awakening is good but has a few minor issues due to originally being on a black and white system that didn't have many buttons.

I enjoyed Skyward Sword but opinion is really mixed on the game. If the controls work for you it's great, if not avoid.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Feb 4, 2016

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Bongo Bill posted:

I think that being mastery-oriented and highly punitive is not a direction that any Nintendo game is likely to take.

RIP Gamecube era Nintendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

I don't see why they would even make a Wii U version. Having the next Zelda be exclusive to their newest system would be a huge selling point, I would think, and making a version for the old system would presumably make people less likely to "upgrade."

Didn't hurt with Twilight Princess.

• Locked thread