Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
You should have played it straight, Plutonis. :colbert: Clearly they're your aunt and uncle. It'd be a great and hilarious backstory to find out your family's origins are in the hill people of Geareg. Moonshine built your family's name. Uh-hyuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
I'm kinda wondering if we might might be able to do some irc stuff as well as pbp or something. I've noticed a lot of us are all active at night around the same time.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Aside from hanging out IC to skip back and forth conversational lines in thread and just pasting a big log when you're done, you'll have trouble doing anything since I'm not interested. PbP lets me keep a steady but very relaxed pace for DMing that works well with my work schedule.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

So who are "Miss Fly-Off-Tha-Handle and Miss Grumpy-face" eh, Rtwo?

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
Hecate, who tends to get angry at people she's asking for help and call them smelly jerkfaces, and Vanessa, the irritable one-armed war vet.

Respectively.

Rtwo fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jan 23, 2014

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
B) Marisa's still cool

Just for the record I think the Hecate/Vanessa team-up really is the best in like a comedy duo kind way, except super grumpy all the time.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jan 23, 2014

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

quote:

He takes another looks at Hecate. Something about her seems off. Not something he can put a finger on though. Its...her rack!

:stare:

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
Thad's a lady's man.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
e: Wait, nvm.

Alright, 'bout to get this show on the road.

zachol fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 25, 2014

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Welp okay here's our options Plutonis:

1) Run around collecting info and hike/fly/maybe get transportation? to Draunt and risk missing the deadline
2) Attempt a second Teleport at 77% chance to land at the manor, but locking us out of the option to go back to Geareg for the day (probably not the biggest deal since I assume the whole Draunt scene will take a day or more) AND potentially making it worse
3) Teleport back to Geareg (pretty much guaranteed success barring an astronomically lovely roll)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Awk, better go with 2) even if it's quiiiite risky.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

I lied, I thought Mage's Lucubration could only prepare 3rd level or lower but it's 5th or lower so I can prep Teleport with it. :buddy:

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
Plutonis can you explain what exactly Hecate told Thadius? Because he might just try to kill Barnabus

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Quornes posted:

Plutonis can you explain what exactly Hecate told Thadius? Because he might just try to kill Barnabus

That is not a bad outcome tbh.

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
Vanessa told Thadius the ultimate goal was getting rid of Barnabus, so he's probably going to take it. It depends on if you told him about Barnabus's fighting skill(the bit where he throws a dagger into your bats throat).

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

You'd wonder if the big boss is strong but... Well, she does warn people that he can go invisible and throw knives and poo poo!

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
I thought there was a reason we couldn't just kill Barnabus.

Also I'm pretty sure we need to find Ilessa (sp?) no matter what? Don't we need to still interrogate Goldbeard about that?

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
If you had told Thadius that finding the girl was top priority he would beat it out of Goldenbrew, but he heard infiltrate crime group, see if you can find girl while doing so.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

zachol posted:

I thought there was a reason we couldn't just kill Barnabus.

Also I'm pretty sure we need to find Ilessa (sp?) no matter what? Don't we need to still interrogate Goldbeard about that?

Quornes posted:

If you had told Thadius that finding the girl was top priority he would beat it out of Goldenbrew, but he heard infiltrate crime group, see if you can find girl while doing so.

:raise:

Also I thought it a bit and Hecate could have withheld that information re: Barnabus being strong due to the fact that Thadius' leering really annoyed her!

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Bah. Who cares what his name is.

Also, how could Barnabus be strong? He's an elf! Sheesh.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

We can't kill him because dwarves or something.

Not that Thad knows this :unsmigghh:

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
In Thadius's defence, he almost pegged you as dhamphir and only the distraction stopped him.

Also one of the deadliest people he knows is an elf. A woman capable of infiltrating any organization. She even infiltrated a group of vampires using a magical set of fake vampire fangs(made from real vampires) that let her mimic one completely.

Edit: Oh yeah the dwarf law bit you guys heard at the HQ. That Thadius doesn't know. Oh well! When in doubt, claim they were vampire thralls and were in fact doing the city a service.

Quornes fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jan 28, 2014

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Marisa is going to have to bail all of you guys out of jail, isn't she?

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Marisa bailing people out of jail seems somehow wrong. But at least Thorgeisl isn't doing anything illegal, yet. He is just enjoying Dwarven Comedy, or at least as well as any none Dwarf can. This may involve lots of food and drinks though, and he may be drunk depending on what kind of drinks they serve.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

I have no goddamn idea what's happening in the play and I love every minute of it

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
The best way to think of Marisa's character is like Mister T. Marisa used to be from the streets, but then she went legit and now she's a role model for the nation's youth. She always drinks her milk, she contributes to and promotes youth centers, and is more interested in fighting actual crime than being a part of it. If some occasional BA Baracus poo poo goes down and she has to build a bulldozer to steal money from oil tycoons, so be it. :colbert:

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jan 28, 2014

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

I'm pretty sure Nessa isn't doing anything horribly illegal. At the moment.

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
Take that gelatinous orb of blood with a skull face! Also Doomykins, unsure how much control I have over Uncle Hector. Should I be speaking for him?

With what Thadius just learned (And he'll tell Vanessa shortly) we might be able to use this blood orb as proof that Barnabus has been using flayer tech or is under thrall to whatever force was in Ostorn. He might not be, but it could be enough legal justification for the Dwarven Council that we could arrest him.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Going to go ahead and recommend you don't go accusing Barnabus of anything until you have something other than hearsay. We don't need him knowing that any of us are gunning for him, and Marisa's plan kind of relies on us going under the radar. (I mean, he doesn't know that Marisa is gunning for him, but he's gonna be a lot more cautious about traps if he has the suspicion the society is getting in his craw.) You guys can do what you want but seriously, I doubt this is going to be that easy, and blood magic isn't exactly uncommon in Dwarftown. Phous said that himself.

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
You also might wanna make sure it's subject to critical hits before you assume your nuts are out of the fire.

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
Ack. You're right. Forgot it might be immune.

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
When you assume, you make an "rear end" out of "u" and "any nearby evil homogenous blobs of blood animated by vile magic and dark purpose".

(It's not an idiom that sees much use.)

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Man all of our plans are going to poo poo at once. We're gonna need a montage, and soon.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Just putting this out there: some freaky otherworldly demon thing said he's going to consume the world in fire and we're dicking around with this Barnabus chucklefuck, trying to help out Richard with something he really should be able to figure out himself.
I am still not entirely sure why we can't just go, kill Barnabus, and bribe the dwarves to ignore it. Barnabus is in a fairly privileged position to take over the Society that I don't think some other guy could repeat, and Richard is, like, an important hero person who should be able to smooth it over.

I mean, should we be escalating this "heads up the world is literally going to end" business up to someone... more important than Richard? Or what?

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
We're the FBI, not the CIA. I think. Otherwise Barnabus would just disappear.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

zachol posted:

Just putting this out there: some freaky otherworldly demon thing said he's going to consume the world in fire and we're dicking around with this Barnabus chucklefuck, trying to help out Richard with something he really should be able to figure out himself.
I am still not entirely sure why we can't just go, kill Barnabus, and bribe the dwarves to ignore it. Barnabus is in a fairly privileged position to take over the Society that I don't think some other guy could repeat, and Richard is, like, an important hero person who should be able to smooth it over.

I mean, should we be escalating this "heads up the world is literally going to end" business up to someone... more important than Richard? Or what?

As is the recurring theme with this party, if you want to do something, you should

wait for it

Do it or do things to achieve it.

:v: Not to rag on everybody at every time or anything... it just happens a lot.

:angel: Also if you wanted to trust somebody "higher up on the chain" than Richard, you could always trust in your good friend Sahlen Phous.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Quornes posted:

We're the FBI, not the CIA. I think. Otherwise Barnabus would just disappear.

We have multiple mages in the group, I'm sure we could arrange this regardless :v:

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Well then if it's alright with everyone else Nessa's probably gonna start warpathing this thing soon as we get the brewery properly exploded.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Doomykins posted:

:angel: Also if you wanted to trust somebody "higher up on the chain" than Richard, you could always trust in your good friend Sahlen Phous.

*In Krieg voice* NO DON'T DO IT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
But....my fiendish plan b! Though stuffing a bag of holding with dynamite and dumping it in Goldenbeards office, then setting it off somehow was my plan c

edit: Oh yeah was that cat at the meeting in the alley? Because Thadius would of killed it. WIZZZZZARDSSSSS.

Quornes fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Feb 14, 2014

• Locked thread