Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Doom, I'd be interested if you'll have me, it's Malikial from elsewhere, obviously. I'd like to play something quick and possibly a bit damage dealer. Ranger/gunslinger type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Yeah, I registered here just for you! Hmmm, looks like we COULD use a cleric... But I kinda don't wanna play a cleric.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Doom, you know my poo poo work schedule, people are posting characters really quick, seeing as I work 10-12 hour days the next few days I'm not going to be able to do a character as quick. I'll get one done before the first though. Most likely Monday.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
History:

Olimar, like many dwarves, was born deep underground in the subterranean cities of the dwarves. He was always a bit of an odd man out among his family, he never really wanted to stay around the dwarven city and practice his family's mercantile pursuits. His uncle, an odd-dwarf, took him in when he was young, barely old enough to grow a beard past his neck, and began to train him in fighting and scouting. Olimar's uncle was the leader of a band of Dwarven deep delvers known officially as The Fist of the First, but called by most, The Anvil-Shattering Ale Drinkers. Olimar spent many years training and fighting with the Anvil Drinkers, he delved deep and searched hard. He fought for over 30 years under the dwarven city state against the undead that inhabit the deep halls. After a while he began to hear rumors about a war that was going on up above. The rumors turned into stories, the stories became official reports and Olimar was both pleased and amused by these reports. A war of merely seven years was going on above and all the weak willed creatures who did not have a heart of iron like the dwarves thought it was something worth talking about. He made up his mind one night to travel up, for the first time in his career. He said goodbye to his fellow Ale-shatterers and headed up to New Geareg.

In the great corrupt city above Olimar was humbled by what he found. While he had been fighting for 30 years against various undead and monsters in the Underdark he had never fought an enemy capable of the destruction that was evident here. His world view shattered, his years spent with the Drunken Anvils now seeming a mere waste of time caused him anger and shame. 111 years of life wasted fighting MERE UNDEAD when he could have been up above, fighting creatures worth testing himself on. He has done nothing with his life and he was nothing, the dwarven resolve he feels is naught but the audacity of a person who has never been truly tested and he is sickened by his own weakness.

After missing the actual war scouring the underdark for baubles and the occasional fight against mere vampires and deep creatures Olimar decides to join the police above and help rebuild the city. He joins, but his time within the deep delvers counts for little on the top-side, so he joins as a mere foot soldier. He works hard to maintain law and order within the corrupt city that is being rebuilt around him but he slowly grows disillusioned with what he sees here too. The bureaucracy and red tape causing any actual policing to be twice as hard, half as effective and 4 times as costly as it needs to be. He begins allowing lesser evils to slide for the chance to get back at the greater criminals and slowly slides down the slippery slope of the corrupt law official.

Personality:
Olimar is older than most starting out their adventuring life, he's 112 and has served in some form of dwarvish fighting brigade for over 45 years. He is bitter and does not believe he has done anything with his life. He believes that he needs to do things but cannot see a way to begin doing them. He's taken this job as a chance to try something new, despite still officially being an actual police officer among the Dwarven Tank units. He seeks challenge at every angle and in every aspect of his life.

Description:
Olimar is a stout dwarf, broad in chest, though not taller than normal. He stands 4'3" and weighs and impressive 14 stone. His eyes are grey, the color of iron and his hair is rich brown and braided down his back, his beard is long, almost long enough to tuck into his belt and also braided into a thick braid. His huge chest is covered by well made breastplate armor, he wears a warhammer on one hip and a mace on the other. He carries a composite longbow, backpack and quiver of arrows.

malikial fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Feb 19, 2013

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Hey, doom. I, unexpectedly, work a poo poo ton this week because James is ill. So next few days and through my normal super busy sat-tues I work 10+ hour shifts. Sorry about drop off in activity.

malikial fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 20, 2013

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
I want an animal companion and have no idea how to go about doing that...

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar remade in Hero Lab using snappy stuff, seems my brother owns Hero Labs and like 40 bucks worth of pathfinder(And all the shadowrun poo poo) addons and didn't tell me until this morning so I remade Olimar in it for easier stat/level tracking. He's the exact same except the sheet is easier to read and the program is a lot easier to update things with. He's updated to level five with animal companion statted up and added too. NOW TO WORK THE COMPANION INTO THE GAME!

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Sorry about the delay fellas, saturday and sunday were hell for me at work because something broke and being the designated FIX BROKEN COMPUTERS GUY I had to be there from 4 PM until 4AM on day and almost as long the day after.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Sorry about lack of posting. Extra busy weekend due to taking next weekend off for birthday. BUT NOW I HAVE 6 DAYS OFF WORK! Granted atleast half of these will be a drunken haze... That doesn't mean it will stop me from posting.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Doom. I'm gonna drop out of this. I'm sorry. Had a few bad weeks and been really busy and depressed and I don't think I can post up to par.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Hey, I might come back to just this game. I had a bit of a nervous breakdown/got badly injured/was really stressed because of huge basement flood and 12 hour work days but I worked out my poo poo. I think on top of all my stress I had joined like 5 games so I was a bit spread thin on that too. Sorry about all this crap. I've just had a bad past few days.

• Locked thread