Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Khanstant posted:

This doesn't look very fun to me, it also seems like one of the weapons is like mounted on the nose of the spaceship or something, making it so you have to chase and center enemies to shoot at them.

This post but the opposite, I love the old school non turret dogfighting. Its all about thrust control.

Pacing looks awesome, responsive quick dogfighting. Dude needs some serious help in the art dept. though, but as long as the engine is solid he should be able to bring someone onboard for texturing and models. So long as he addresses that this could be a real nice timesink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

TychoCelchuuu posted:

That's certainly true, I drew a hell of a false dichotomy there. I guess the best option would be a third, really - something like Homeworld would combine the best of both worlds. Unique + colorful instead of "let's try to ape Star Wars" but also with high production values and shiny stuff for people who don't like the stark, simple flat colors of Flotilla or the placeholder graphics. Space was often orange in Homeworld too! Anything to get us away from generic sci-fi.

You can have a more "realistic" (I mean, its all fake spaceships but hey) visual style without making everything just black space. You draw out Nexus, remember that minefield mission? There's your problem, you're drawing the line way to hard. You can have those super sharp visuals on the ships without having everything in a void, take a look at Freelancer. Colors and skyboxes like that with a more intense dogfighting focus would be perfect.

• Locked thread