Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

I really like the look of this, I hope that you can include bigger ships in your mission planning. I would love cool stuff like dropping into a hostile system knowing that I have some battlecruisers or suchlike hotdropping in once I have pissed off the enemy enough to commit something important.

I just want to see big ships shoot at each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

drat, that is looking really nice. I read in his blog that he does want some big ships as well so I am starting to get really interested in this project.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Beach posted:

The free look ability within the cockpit looks great, very smooth. If they found a way to capture the feeling of being in the cockpit inside the pilots helmet with breathing sounds and visor reflections it would be so. drat. cool. I imagine very tricky to pull off without feeling claustrophobic, but man with that ease of turning the pilots head it would be a really amazing effect.

The only game I can think of that pulled off "Wearing a helmet with visor" well was Republic Commando. So it can be done.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Tanith posted:

I'm still just hoping that Shipbreakers turns out like Ground Control with Homeworld-aesthetics. :ohdear:

This is scratching my need for Freelancer, Flotilla and Freespace.

Ground Control is the bomb, and I am almost certain it is abandonware nowadays and works pretty well on a modern machine. I think you can even upscale the resolution. I was playing it mid last year.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

InAndOutBrennan posted:

I have, ages ago. But these days they seem to be quite hard to get a hold of. Ground Control was mentioned above, that I never played. How does it hold up these days? Go directly for 2 or start with 1 + expansion?

The differences between Ground Control 1 and 2 are pretty big. I never liked 2 at all, but some people really loved it. My opinion would be to play 1. If you can get around the graphics, which are aged but charming, then you should have a good time with the game. I would at least give it a go and stick with it enough for aerodynes and the like to show up.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Take advantage of the Star Citizen rage train that is building today and release a demo with a donate link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Milky Moor posted:

Steam multiplayer integration or whatever will be awesome?

This, especially with Homeworld 1 and Homeworld 2 factions in one multiplayer

Please steam workshop for mods + mod multiplayer.

• Locked thread