Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
You can post any kind of non-booze beverage you're crazy for right here. Cola, non-cola soft drink, energy drink, fruit drink, fruit juice, de-alcoholized alcohol, spring water, health drink, etc. Both currently available and discontinued are welcome. Only exception is for unflavoured milk, because it's boring. Alternative milks (soy milk, rice milk, almond milk...) are Ok.

Mine is Clearly Canadian blackberry flavour. I originally had it in the mid-nineties. It's just carbonated water with real sugar and natural flavour, and it's fantastically unique! They reformulated it a few years later with sucralose, and it tasted a lot worse. It then disappeared completely, and then suddenly re-appeared in the mid-2000s under the original formulation. This rebirth only lasted a year or two until they decided to reformulate it with artificial sweeteners AGAIN, and then the company went through restructuring. Never have I seen a business so obsessed with change...

EDIT!! A tell-all article about the company was recently printed! Explains everything! See this page 10 post!

Apparently late last year, a very limited run of the original formulation was released (the drink also has raspberry, peach, and strawberry flavours), and I MISSED IT!!! Can anyone point me towards some for sale? Please?

P.S. The inspiration for this thread comes from watching some episodes of Brad Tries, a fantastic drink-tasting series. I recommend the Billy Beer episode!

:cheers:

---> ALERT!!!! Clearly Canadian is staging a comeback!!! FAQ available here. Pre-order at www.clearlycanadian.com - they need to sell at least 25,000 cases in order to fund full-scale production, so be sure to follow them on Twitter, like them on Facebook, and spread the word! The ultimate flavoured water is back in town! :D

July Update!

September update: Nearing 7,500 cases sold, CC is launching a contest - buy a case, win a $25,000 Canadian adventure of your choice! (You can enter without purchase, but you'd sure be missing out on a swell drink!)

January Update - The Clearly campaign just passed the 20,000 mark! Have -you- gotten in on it yet? :cool:

Synthetic Hermit has a new favorite as of 10:23 on Jan 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

best friend massage
Sep 12, 2010
Pepsi Blue is probably my favorite soft drink ever. It was so heavily carbonated that it was almost tear-inducing if you tried to chug it, but that just meant you had to take it slow and savor it. Mountain Dew Voltage is the closest thing to it now, but its not quite the same.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

It's coffee here too.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
I personally hate the taste of plain coffee. The only way I can stand the stuff is in a heavily sweetened form like french vanilla or raspberry cappuccino.

Here's a neat thing - caffeine has a calming effect on me. I used to drink Bawls Guarana to relieve stress.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Not only premixed, but the Bundaberg one is pretty good. LL&B is great, so refreshing.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

I like the cold green tea drinks in Japan :neckbeard: Can't get them where I live :negative:

edit: also, Cherry coke. Can't get it either. I see a pattern here :tfrxmas:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Synthetic Hermit posted:

I personally hate the taste of plain coffee. The only way I can stand the stuff is in a heavily sweetened form like french vanilla or raspberry cappuccino.

Here's a neat thing - caffeine has a calming effect on me. I used to drink Bawls Guarana to relieve stress.

You're just used to bad coffee. I was the same way. Grind the coffee bean minutes before brewing it and it's delicious. I don't add anything to mine.

Also don't buy the coffee from a supermarket or Starbucks. Look on Yelp for a good local roaster, and if there aren't any you can order good roasted beans online.

Crawford
Jul 8, 2010
coffee all the way. I only add milk and sugar and stuff if I have already had too much coffee for the day.

Close runner up is Jones Green Apple soda.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Without a doubt, black coffee takes the number one spot.

Beneath that it's a quagmire of lesser beverages:

Barqs Root Beer
Black Cherry Soda
Celray
Apple Juice
Ginger Beer
White grape juice

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Boylan's ginger ale. Softer than Schweppes, has a flavor unlike Canada Dry and comes in a fancy embossed glass bottle with an old-fashioned crown cap that you can twist open with your bare hands. Too bad it's hideously expensive after all the importing it has to go through.

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010
Fresh squeezed lemonade. The most consistently tasty lemonades from restaurants around here are from Chick fil a and Cracker Barrel has a good raspberry one.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Torka posted:

Not only premixed, but the Bundaberg one is pretty good. LL&B is great, so refreshing.

Gonna second this, but the Bundabergs are a little too smooth and sweet. It's hard to get it right (having it too bitter completely ruins the drink), but it definitely needs to be a little bit sharper IMO.

Bundaberg ginger beer is pretty awesome, though.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
A cold horchata on a hot day.

flyersfanjd
Dec 27, 2012
I'll say my favorite right now is fresh juice. The recipe I'm currently keen on is 4 apples, 4 carrots, 1/2 inch of ginger root, and a handful of parsley. It's quite refreshing.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Always and forever will be coffee.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Strawberry raspberry smoothies. All day, every day.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Strawberry milkshake or this:

It's probably going to turn my kidneys into jelly before I'm 40, but I don't care.

Aristurtle Records
Jun 9, 2006

live at random, live as best one can
Black coffee

This stuff

and this stuff

And milky chai tea

Crawley Heat
Dec 27, 2011

by T. Mascis
Tea. The real stuff and the Liptonice stuff.

San Bitters

Chinoto

Crawley Heat has a new favorite as of 04:43 on Jan 27, 2013

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
Either delicious German orange Fanta,

or possibly good good root beer.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Once in a while I like going into a Chinese or South Asian supermarket and picking up some random canned drink. I discovered lychee juice this way, and Rubicon Mango.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Coffee is king, and long may he rein.

However, I also love fresh squeezed lemonade, apple cider (delicious hot or cold, and divine with a splash of whiskey or bison grass vodka), Thai iced tea, and mango lassi. As terrible as I know soda is for me, I've been having a love affair with cranberry ginger ale lately, and have been semi-stockpiling it.

My go-to, though, is mineral water or club soda, ice cold with a slice of lemon or lime. Bubbles make water special.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Definitely Raspberry Iced Tea. I don't live in the US so it's always sweetened here.

I probably like raspberry flavored anything really, but the iced tea is the best. The only restaurants that have it on the menu seem to be in the US, so that's always unsweetened and I don't like it that way. Taco Bell actually has a good soft drink one though.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Buttermilk.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Taiwanese milk tea boba

Thai tea

Vietnamese coffee

And of course...

Ball Tazeman
Feb 2, 2010

Also, a nice cup of Earl Grey

YES. This too

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Virgil's Root Beer is one of my all time favorites, but I think it ties with their cream soda, which tastes literally like it was made in heaven.

TED BUNNDY
May 30, 2009

SO HUNGRY
Pork Pro
This stuff right here:

I love it so much. It's the only juice that I don't mix with alcohol because I can't stand to dilute it, it's that good.

HighClassSwankyTime
Jan 16, 2004

Fresh orange juice, coffee being a close 2nd.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Coffee, Tea, Milk, Sunkist brand orange soda.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Spring water's ok to post, but unflavoured milk is "too boring"?

I like San Pellegrino lemonade. The weird brown sherbert-tasting version is horrendous, though.

Brennanite
Feb 14, 2009

Synthetic Hermit posted:

Mine is Clearly Canadian blackberry flavour. I originally had it in the mid-nineties. It's just carbonated water with real sugar and natural flavour, and it's fantastically unique! They reformulated it a few years later with sucralose, and it tasted a lot worse. It then disappeared completely, and then suddenly re-appeared in the mid-2000s under the original formulation. This rebirth only lasted a year or two until they decided to reformulate it with artificial sweeteners AGAIN, and then the company went through restructuring. Never have I seen a business so obsessed with change...

Apparently late last year, a very limited run of the original formulation was released (the drink also has raspberry, peach, and strawberry flavours), and I MISSED IT!!! Can anyone point me towards some for sale? Please?
:cheers:

YES! Clearly Canadian was amazing and I miss it every day. The Coastal Cranberry and Loganberry flavors were good too. I still have some of the original bottles. I've never found a flavored sparkling water that tastes nearly as good. If you find any for sale, let me know too!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Dr. Pepper is basically the best possible thing to drink.

MKLKT
Oct 21, 2010

...armed with five-five-sixers, and pineapples.

Dorroile posted:

Dr. Pepper is basically the best possible thing to drink.

Dr. Pepper Slurpee gets my vote. I also love pretty much every flavour of Clearly Canadian. I remember Orbitz too, I get my jelly fix with bubble tea now at least.

Transcendent Man
Dec 23, 2012

"Death gives meaning to our lives. It gives importance and value to time. Time would be meaningless if there were too much of it." - Ray Kurzweil
My favorite drink is Cheerwine. They don't sell it where I live, so I have to order online.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Not as good as it used to be, they changed the recipe a few years ago. I even called to complain :negative:

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Pomegranate juice. It's all the joy of eating a pomegranate but without half an hour of peeling.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
Moxie. It used to be a New England thing, then it whittled itself down to just Maine. My family is in Florida now and a chain of Maine-based supermarkets (Sweetbay) has started to spring up around town, and some of them carry it.
It has a bitter aftertaste. The whole soda itself is an acquired taste. I've given it to a few people down here and they say it tastes like fizzy coffee or fizzy cough syrup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

Penguingo posted:

Spring water's ok to post, but unflavoured milk is "too boring"?

There are a billion different brands of bottled water from different sources and filtration methods, but milk is milk. If your fave is raw milk or kefir or something else fairly exotic, go for it.

For those seeking a unique ginger ale, I recommend Reed's Ginger Brew (same company owns the rights to Virgil's Root Beer). Rather than using a flavour extract or powdered ginger, Reed's brews real pieces of ginger into every batch. It has a bold, but not excessively biting taste (unless you get the Extra Strong). It comes in several flavours, including a unique tasting Apple Cider, and a Premium that's only sweetened with honey.

Check out their YouTube channel for some behind the scenes clips and interviews with Mr. Reed.

Brennanite posted:

If you find any for sale, let me know too!

Will do! ;)

Synthetic Hermit has a new favorite as of 09:13 on Jul 28, 2014

• Locked thread