Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Chiba City Blues posted:

Moxie. It used to be a New England thing, then it whittled itself down to just Maine. My family is in Florida now and a chain of Maine-based supermarkets (Sweetbay) has started to spring up around town, and some of them carry it.
It has a bitter aftertaste. The whole soda itself is an acquired taste. I've given it to a few people down here and they say it tastes like fizzy coffee or fizzy cough syrup.

That sounds pretty dang good, actually. It doesn't taste like seltzer, does it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Also, water.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

Any specific kind?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Any kind of sweetened iced tea, preferably Raspberry or Lemon. And with the right desserts a cold glass of milk is the perfect drink.

Guy Fleegman
Jul 8, 2009

by XyloJW
Cold tap water from downtown St.Louis on a hot day is like mother's milk to me.

And...

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Chocolate Milk because I never matured beyond grade school apparently.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Sun brewed sweet tea. I love the south.

NightConqueror
Oct 5, 2006
im in ur base killin ur mans
A big, tall cup of black coffee. I can't make it through the day without at least one cup.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Synthetic Hermit posted:

Any specific kind?

Out of Lake Michigan, preferably.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Admiral Bosch posted:

Yeah sweet tea is drat good. I used to live in Atlanta and loved the tea from Mrs Winners chicken.

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
Unsweetened ice tea, my current favorite brand is Gold Peak.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Farecoal posted:

That sounds pretty dang good, actually. It doesn't taste like seltzer, does it?

It tastes like anise or licorice, really. Has that bitter root taste to boot.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Fantastic. You can buy it all over the place in Europe, and a few places in former British colonies. Occasionally a grocery store in Canada will have it for instance. In the USA you're basically stuck with expensive import beverage stores, and they almost never have the original Schweppes kind, which loving sucks.

The Fever Tree stuff you can get from BevMo is pretty decent though.

e: i mean it loving sucks that they don't have the Schweppes variant, not that Schweppes loving sucks. Schweppes is the original and the bomb.

Sagebrush has a new favorite as of 23:20 on Jan 26, 2013

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Orange juice, vanilla coke, tap water. I'm a simple man.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't even want to know what's in these but they were awesome when I was a kid:

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I seriously could not function without Tim Hortons coffee.

QueenQuintessence
Dec 26, 2012
White hot chocolate. It's so yummy and sweeter than normal hot chocolate. Especially the kind from Tim Hortons.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Birch Beer

Iced coffee

Hot espresso drinks

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
I used to think mine was Vanilla Coke, but then I got some over Christmas and was less than impressed with how it held up to the memory. It tasted like a too sweet Dr. Pepper. Regular tasting Dr. Pepper rocks, too sweet does not.

A glass of iced Apple and Blackcurrant Cordial from just about any brand goes down well with me. Hell, iced anything. Me and a few friends also seem to have a penchant for Starbuck's Coffee Caramel Frappucino's, but there is nothing too special about them. They just taste nice. I don't like normal coffee, but iced? Yup.

Whenever I used to visit Liverpool, I would stop by a little tea shop called Brew, and they had all these crazy teas up for sale, many of which were iced, which meant it was for me. Chocolatea, Mojitea, Summer Type Thing with Tea affixed onto its title. They had it all. And all of them rocked. They closed down last year some time though, and oddly enough, I have visited Liverpool much less often since then. I would say their closure is disappointing, but it isn't. It is devastating. I would always try to show the place to any friend with me.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

That stuff sounds awesome. I've never seen it where I live (central Canada).

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

I was so sad when Beep was discontinued. :( It was loving delicious.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Blenheim's with the red cap. Super-spicy ginger ale. I'm afraid now that I've moved countries I'll never see it again. :(
gold cap (for wusses) and the real stuff:

:911:

Absolut Mike
Oct 22, 2004

Primae noctis menage a trois.

Love this stuff so much, and apparently most of the people in my neighborhood do. Go on the wrong day of the week and it's sold out.

rangergirl
Jun 3, 2004
A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer

Chiba City Blues posted:

Moxie. It used to be a New England thing, then it whittled itself down to just Maine. My family is in Florida now and a chain of Maine-based supermarkets (Sweetbay) has started to spring up around town, and some of them carry it.
It has a bitter aftertaste. The whole soda itself is an acquired taste. I've given it to a few people down here and they say it tastes like fizzy coffee or fizzy cough syrup.

We used to have warm Moxie chugging contests in school, if you puked you were out. I think "acquired taste" is putting it mildly but apparently somebody is drinking the stuff since it's in every store around here.

SunflowerBead
Dec 20, 2008

Dr Pepper posted:

Chocolate Milk because I never matured beyond grade school apparently.

This guy loving gets it cholate milk is certainly for the win..although I don't have a pic, fridge chilled Brita-filtered water is excellent I bought a Brita Ultramax for this purpose

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

ICB Cream Soda is pretty drat good.

I also enjoy pickle juice sometimes, I also heard its good for you.:shrug:

\/ Yeah, I think it was mentioned in a sport segment of the news for something to drink to avoid cramps. Good enough for me. :cheers:

pro starcraft loser has a new favorite as of 03:10 on Jan 27, 2013

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

If you're talking about dill pickles, it's just dill-flavored brine, isn't it?

Could make a decent Gatorade substitute if you're dehydrated, but I can't think of a lot of other ways it would actually be healthy.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Just The Facts posted:

ICB Cream Soda is pretty drat good.

I also enjoy pickle juice sometimes, I also heard its good for you.:shrug:

\/ Yeah, I think it was mentioned in a sport segment of the news for something to drink to avoid cramps. Good enough for me. :cheers:

It's supposed to help with drug tests (pickle juice). No idea if that's true but it's the only context I've seen someone drink it.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

A nice cold glass of lemonade, glass of milk, vanilla milkshake...definitely my top 3.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!
I like diet peach Snapple iced tea.

I don't like the non-diet, same with soda. The sugar actually irritates my throat and tastes kind of sour to me for some reason. This is the perfect drink when pigging out on greasy pizza late at night. A cold bottle, and it enhances every bite.

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

Haha what is this stuff? I don't know I'm laughing at it, it just seems so absurd. Is it just orange juice, or some Sunny D kind of concoction? Is "Beep" a noise the bird is supposed to make?

particle409 has a new favorite as of 03:44 on Jan 27, 2013

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
The best part about going to Germany, next to Greek restaurants around every corner.

It's basically a fusion of Orange Fanta and Coke. You can technically reproduce it by just putting orange non-alcoholic triple sec in a Coke or with one of those crazy drink dispensers they have in a few restaurants, but it will never be as good as Mezzo.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

It was back this summer for awhile! Oh man, I used to love making popsicles out of Beep. The loving best. (Also it's a mixture of fruit juices - Wikipedia says orange, apple, apricot, prune, and pineapple - plus a bunch of sugar and other junk. And pure joy.)

Now I love ginger beer the most of any non-alcoholic drink, although lime cordial mixed with club soda is also delicious.

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich

This is strange to me because I have never liked Pepsi but this version is absolutely delicious--no weird mouth stickiness or acidic sour twang either. Mexican Coke is still better, but isn't as readily available as Throwback. I have to restrain myself from drinking entirely too much of it.

Non-soft drink, I like seltzer water (especially the flavored varieties) and unsweetened tea (Gold Peak is good).

Evil Con Carne
Nov 30, 2004
Joo go back to burger king where you came from

I'm gonna have to go with Yoohoo, even though it gives me stomach pain after I drink it. The banana flavored one is even better.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Diet Green tea is nectar of the gods.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
Re: Pepsi Throwback

I tried one a year or two ago. I'd never had a Pepsi before that (I try to avoid commercial cola drinks for health reasons). It wasn't bad. I tasted a unique flavour note in it that made me feel relaxed. I looked up the ingredients, and the only flavour in it that I didn't recognize was petitgrain (orange tree twigs). I bought some from an aromatherapy shop, and sure enough, that was it. For me (body chemistry is a key variable), smelling that stuff is a wonderful stress reliever. :)

Sunshine89
Nov 22, 2009
Mexican Coke:

Twining's Lady Grey Tea (Earl grey with lemon peel, orange peel and cornflower):

Gerolsteiner mineral water (linked because imgur shat the bed)

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

I have a rifle and a frying pan and I know how to use them
Hot, coffee with cream.

Cold, an Arnie Palmer made with good tea and fresh squeezed lemon aid.

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy

Admiral Bosch posted:

Used to make this stuff all the time as a kid. It's the best way to make tea.

My favorite drink is a venti Starbucks iced coffee with soy milk and toffee nut sweetener. I have even gotten a few friends to try it and they order it all the now too.

Egoist has a new favorite as of 07:14 on Jan 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jacks_Colon
Mar 30, 2009
I don't know how many people will agree with me, but I wish so very much that this could have been a permanently distributed flavor.

• Locked thread