Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you
Powdered iced tea. Made either really strong or really weak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Sprecher's sodas are fantastic. Their cream soda and ginger ale have been mentioned, but they also make Puma Kola. I don't know what's in it, but it is delicious.

A local market used to carry a line of drinks, Voodoo something or other. One of the flavors was "hot cherry" and it was easily my favorite drink of all time, but the market's been closed now for years and I can't find info on the hot cherry drink anywhere.

DwarfWoot
Oct 31, 2013
My common drink of choice is Diet Vanilla Pepsi. (I don't know why, but I love diet Pepsi over regular)

Other favorite would be when I buy some "Wonderland Chai" (a local tea shop's custom chai blend) and make a giant pitcher of dark Iced Tea with it.

... I also love Thai Iced tea, and really want to actually attempt to make it one of these days.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

tehspiekguy posted:

WHERE THE HELL DO YOU FIND THIS. TELL ME YOUR SECRETS.

Seriously, I need this stuff to make Pimm's cups. No other ginger ale will do, it doesn't have the right spice. A Pimm's cup made with this stuff is just perfect, a bit of spice like a bloody mary but still sweet and refreshing. I got one at a bar and had to get the name of the ginger ale and it's that stuff. Can't find it at ANY specialty shops here in Raleigh, NC.

Also, for content, horchata is pretty awesome and I have to get some any time I get Mexican food.

In case you are still reading this, they have Blenheim's in Raleigh at the Fresh Market in Cameron Village, and at Jubala Coffee in LaFayette Village. Also at the State's Farmer's Market. Basically, everywhere.

bone napoleon
May 9, 2012

there is nothing
Pineapple juice, so naturally sweet.

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

Anal-retentive, overly loquacious weapons scientist.

Leninade. A fair while ago I saw some in the soda aisle of BevMo and picked it up because its a great bottle. :ussr:

It has this really refreshing grapefruit flavor with other sorts of citrus and a bit of cherry too. Now if I see some I'll go out of my way to get some even when I don't normally care too much for grapefruit soda.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Strawberry Arnold Palmers, and Arnold Palmers in general. I can kill a Tall Boy of those real quick.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Arizona golden bear mint lemonade, vitamin water XXX, and goslings ginger beer (since the full dark n stormy drink doesn't count)

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

BillyJoeBob posted:

Leninade. A fair while ago I saw some in the soda aisle of BevMo and picked it up because its a great bottle. :ussr:

It has this really refreshing grapefruit flavor with other sorts of citrus and a bit of cherry too. Now if I see some I'll go out of my way to get some even when I don't normally care too much for grapefruit soda.

I think these guys make Not-See Cola too, which is a near perfect recreation of Crystal Pepsi

Edmantium
Jan 15, 2011

I WAS READY TO EMBRACE A MAN
Of course it has to be drinks that aren't available anywhere near me.

Mountain Dew Livewire for one, but a staple when I was in the south was Big Red.

That and some Blue Bell ice cream and you could put me in the ground.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Edmantium posted:

Of course it has to be drinks that aren't available anywhere near me.

Mountain Dew Livewire for one, but a staple when I was in the south was Big Red.

That and some Blue Bell ice cream and you could put me in the ground.

Seriously, Big Red is the absolute best when you're drunk and making a White Castle run

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I quit drinking a couple years ago. Since then I've found various things to fill the gap.

Blenheim's Ginger Ale. The pink cap variety will put some hairs on your chest.

Reed's Ginger Beer. Not nearly as spicy as Blenheim's, but a great substitute for that "refreshing drink on a hot sunny afternoon" that you get from a regular beer.

Flying Cauldron Butterscotch Beer. Delicious once you get past the initial blast of sweetness.

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp
Laimon Fresh is my new Jam. It's like an Alcohol free Mojito!

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
Alert!!! Clearly Canadian needs your support!!! Follow them on Twitter!!!

Synthetic Hermit has a new favorite as of 23:49 on Dec 20, 2013

yoder00
Dec 29, 2008

by Ralp

I can't even explain the difference between this and regular dew. It's a whole different flavor, best described as a unicorn cumming into your mouth. The only time I have had access to it was when I was deployed to Iraq.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Barring water? Lemon juice. Not, like, lemonade or whatever. Just squeeze half a dozen lemons and pound that poo poo.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

Best beverage ever. Kinda tastes a bit different from when i was little but it still is the perfect refreshment

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
All right, champions of Clearly Canadian - your time is nearly here! Pre-orders of the original formulation in classic-style bottles will start on Dec. 23rd. A minimum of 50,000 cases have to be sold within 60 days to fund full production, so get as much as you can, and spread the word! This could be the last gasp for Clearly!!!

http://www.clearlycanadian.com/
https://www.facebook.com/ClearlyCanadian
https://twitter.com/live_clearly

FULL FAQ AVAILABLE HERE ---> http://www.clearlycanadian.com/faq

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

The White Dragon posted:

Barring water? Lemon juice. Not, like, lemonade or whatever. Just squeeze half a dozen lemons and pound that poo poo.

It's good to know I'm not the only one out there who likes straight lemon juice. Most people think it's really weird, but I love that poo poo.

On the other hand, it's a great way to win bets. "Hey! Bet you twenty bucks I can get through a glass of this!"

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Oh good, finally something to use bitcoins on besides drugs!

Edit for content: I really like Thai iced tea. drat, wish I had some.

I also like slurpees. Blue, preferably.

Hummingbirds has a new favorite as of 03:30 on Dec 21, 2013

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Irn Bru. The greatest hangover cure known to man.

Nevileen
Jan 4, 2008

You're terrible for me. I know this.

but you taste so drat good :negative: And it's cheap as hell.

I've tried some variations on it, like the peach, sweet apple, and pomegranate ones. All are really, really tasty.

I mostly drink tea, and most of the time I've got to have milk in it when it's hot. Hot, sweet milky tea is HEAVEN when combined with some warm bread and butter.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It's good to know I'm not the only one out there who likes straight lemon juice. Most people think it's really weird, but I love that poo poo.

On the other hand, it's a great way to win bets. "Hey! Bet you twenty bucks I can get through a glass of this!"

Here's the video for you. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxlJrMRkfEw

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
Ok, Clearly Canadian fans! The big pre-sale has begun!!!

Full FAQ here. The original minimalist formula, classic-style bottles. Currently four flavours (including my all-time fave blackberry :D), maybe more if production gets funded.

Buy here for $34.99 CAD per case. Bonuses & discounts for larger orders!

Synthetic Hermit has a new favorite as of 02:52 on Dec 24, 2013

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Nevileen posted:

You're terrible for me. I know this.

but you taste so drat good :negative: And it's cheap as hell.

I've tried some variations on it, like the peach, sweet apple, and pomegranate ones. All are really, really tasty.

I mostly drink tea, and most of the time I've got to have milk in it when it's hot. Hot, sweet milky tea is HEAVEN when combined with some warm bread and butter.

It makes a great hangover cure. You are drinking a bunch of liquid with some carbs. The ginseng is a vasodialator so that helps and it has enough caffeine that I don't go into withdraw'l but it is much less aggressive on the old stomach than coffee.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Man, I wish I could support that Clearly Canadian thing. It was the only flavored water I liked.

Also, when it is really, really hot outside, the only good thing in the world to drink is sweat tea. Doesn't matter what brand you use, you just have to add the sugar when it's hot and drink it when it is cold. You CANNOT add the sugar when it is cold. That doesn't work. gently caress, why would you think such a thing?

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
I'm really torn about Clearly Canadian.

On the one hand, I really want it back.

On the other hand, they voluntarily accept bitcoins.

(It's also 3 bucks for an 11oz bottle.)

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

TerminalSaint posted:

(It's also 3 bucks for an 11oz bottle.)

The cost of shipping is included. Glass bottles ain't cheap to transport...

Synthetic Hermit has a new favorite as of 04:58 on Dec 25, 2013

Nevileen
Jan 4, 2008

Shbobdb posted:

It makes a great hangover cure. You are drinking a bunch of liquid with some carbs. The ginseng is a vasodialator so that helps and it has enough caffeine that I don't go into withdraw'l but it is much less aggressive on the old stomach than coffee.

Huh, Really? Neat! I can't drink alcohol much due to a heart condition, but I suppose I can pass that on to some friends. :)

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
Kroger brand Apple soda is amazing. It's the only Apple soda I've ever found that literally tastes like carbonated juice. Plus it's only 89cents for a 2 liter!

When I was a child Chocolate Soldier was the only chocolate flavored drink for me. gently caress you Yoohoo, CS is the real poo poo. I can still remember its oily after feel.

As for the third, everyone keeps posting these fancy rear end ginger ales and denying the truth. Buffalo Rock Ginger Ale is the only true ginger ale, given by the Gods to men. If it doesn't burn like you're drinking a glass of scorpions, it's not really ginger ale.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
When I moved to Cape Cod, I was introduced to two wonderful drinks. One was Moxie, which has been mentioned at least once in this thread before.

The other was this, sold at the world's seediest looking Job Lot.

It is tart, crisp and surprisingly sweet, and it's loving delicious.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

yoder00 posted:

I can't even explain the difference between this and regular dew. It's a whole different flavor, best described as a unicorn cumming into your mouth. The only time I have had access to it was when I was deployed to Iraq.

Arab dew tastes different to American dew?
I seriously didnt know that, and I spent my teenage years on the stuff.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

DicktheCat posted:

Also, when it is really, really hot outside, the only good thing in the world to drink is sweat tea. Doesn't matter what brand you use, you just have to add the sugar when it's hot and drink it when it is cold.
:stare: Did somebody finally figure out how to make stillsuits?

Black coffee is my favorite, with Gosling's ginger beer a close second mainly due to the Dark n'Stormy and being easily accessible.

chami has a new favorite as of 06:11 on Jan 27, 2014

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Arab dew tastes different to American dew?
I seriously didnt know that, and I spent my teenage years on the stuff.

Most likely they use real sugar instead of HFCS. Mountain Dew Throwback is probably the closes you'll get. The Throwback versions of Mountain Dew and Pepsi are pretty tastey, and I have a deep dislike for Pepsi.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Back in the early 2000s Sobe made a drink called Tsunami. It was basically liquid creamsicle. I drank a shitload of those.

That, and eggnog.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

MondayHotDog posted:

Back in the early 2000s Sobe made a drink called Tsunami. It was basically liquid creamsicle. I drank a shitload of those.

That, and eggnog.
I've never had a nog that didn't have alcohol in it, but I did enjoy the dairy-based Sobes back in the day definitely.

Edmantium
Jan 15, 2011

I WAS READY TO EMBRACE A MAN

MondayHotDog posted:

That, and eggnog.

According to Sobe's website they still make it but drat it I haven't found it in years. All the good stuff gets discontinued.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

I have a juice problem. Pineapple, at its best, is fantastic: Sweet, but also slightly spicy - almost cinnamony. Mango juice feels like drinking about half your RDA of calories per glass, but it's so tasty. The one I struggle to find is perhaps the best, though: Sour cherry juice. I found some Iranian brand (Takdaneh, I believe) in an immigrant store that was just fantastic - tart and sour, but with a solid cherry flavor. That and ice cubes was downright addictive.

Cranberry juice (which I can find) is nowhere near the same, and when I do stumble over a cherry drink it's usually an overly sweet and watery nectar, not a straight juice.

Computer viking has a new favorite as of 09:27 on Jan 29, 2014

Choujin
Jan 29, 2014
I can't actually remember what it was called, but it was a type of Thai milk tea I was given by a friend. Was orange (but it didn't have oranges in it) and tasted rich, milky, and a bit savory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

50% orange juice 50% soda water

• Locked thread