Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
pre:

Matsu Itaru

Clan: Lion 
School: Matsu Berserker
Insight Rank: 2/166
Experience: 0

Honor: 8.0
Glory: 1
Infamy: 0
Taint: 0

Air: 3                 Earth: 2
Ref: 3    Awa: 3       Sta: 2    Wil: 2

Fire: 3                Water: 3
Agi: 3    Int: 3       Str: 4    Per: 3

Void: 3

Initiative: 4k3
Armour: Heavy  TN: 30  Reduction: 5

Katana: Attack, 6k3, Damage: 8k2
Ono:    Attack, 8k3, Damage: 4k4

Skills:
+ Athletics 2          (Str) 6k4
* Battle 1             (Per) 4k3
+ Defenses 2           (Ref) 5k3
Heavy Weapon (Ono) 7   (Agi) 10k3
* Jiujutsu 1           (Agi) 4k3
* Kenjutsu (Katana) 3  (Agi) 6k3
* Kyujutsu 1           (Ref) 4k3
* Lore: History 1      (Int) 4k3
Investigation 3        (Per) 6k3
Perform: Oratory 2     (Awa) 5k3
Sincerity 3            (Awa) 6k3

Advantages:
Large
Sensation

Disadvantages:
Lost Love

Inventory
5K, 0B, 0Z
Heavy Armor
Sturdy Clothing
Daisho (Katana, Wakazashi)
Ono,
Travelling Pack: (Blanket, cooking pot, Daisho stand, flint and tinder, musical instrument (flute), 
                  small back banner, small tent, smoking pipe, week's rations, whetstone)
Itaru had been left alone mostly for some time now. His initial entrance to Shiro Murakamo had been filled with some outrageous tales, lots of smiles and spending time with people and the children around the place. He'd had occasional lapses into melancholy from time to time but largely he'd been fairly distracted at the court. All of this had changed when it was mentioned that Chihiro's bridegroom was soon to arrive to finish the arrangements. He had gone pale and weakly congratulated Mirumoto Tarou and Chihiro on her betrothal and upcoming marriage. Then he had excused himself due to feeling unwell and spent quite a while in his room keeping to himself. Naturally the immediate rumour had been that Itaru himself had fancied the lovely Chihiro, after all was she not a promising warrior and he himself a Matsu? Such a pairing in his eyes surely would have been appealing they said and for a day or two this had been what people whispered. But then someone had found out or revealed, it was unsure which, that Itaru had in fact been married and that he was still in mourning over his wife. The climate around him had suddenly changed and when he finally began to emerge he found people giving him a wide space out of respect and in a small way, to avoid an awkward or embarrassing situation.

For his part Itaru was staunchly avoiding the oncoming entourage, both physically and even thinking about the issue. He had decided to practice in one of the practice yards, which was currently empty with the departure of the Togashi Monk. Any attempts for conversation by the monk were politely but shortly returned, making it clear that while not wanting to seem rude Itaru did not really wish to talk much at the moment. He was working harder than perhaps was needed, but working out meant he need not think much about other matters at hand.

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Apr 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Itaru heard the goings on of the courtyard vaguely, something to do with the Nezumi. Such creatures were strange to him and he was more inclined to racism than not, but he was polite and honourable if at least stiff the few dealings with the creature he had had. Should it have taken the comb, he thought that was what he heard, he would not have been surprised. Yet the Fuyuko-san really should have known better than to make accusations without at least some evidence.

Itaru finished up his practice and then paused as he passed by an entrance that revealed the courtyard. He lingered, watching what would happen next. Itaru did not exactly skulk, but he did not really make himself obvious or introduce himself.

Investigation: 5d10k2 24

Edit: I rolled a 10 but forgot the exploding notation. As my result was 5 I added it onto my result, but it doesn't match.

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jan 28, 2013

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Feeling that perhaps with a lady such as the Shosuro-san was, it would be best to not be seen as hiding. Matsu walked away and briefly mopped himself with a cloth and washed off some of his sweat, before walking into the courtyard with the others. He noted that the Moshi had used Sama and decided that with that precedent set, using San would be seen as an insult. He bowed respectfully as he began his greeting.

"I bring my greetings as well Shosuro-Sama. I was distracted from my training by a commotion here, only to unexpectedly find you leading this group. I am Matsu Itaru. It is my sincere hope that you are here only to join in the upcoming celebration, and not here on less joyous business." He said and took a small step back to allow any others to make their own introductions.

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jan 29, 2013

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Itaru had watched the entire affair with a certain reluctance to personally involve himself. Now that Fuyuko-san had departed he stepped forward to the group, in time for Mirumoto Dai to address them. Once that was said and done he thought to himself for a moment. "I hope my instincts lie to me, but I fear something is afoot. Shosuro Shizuka may have a reputation for kindness but her tasks are rarely a pleasant job for all involved." He did not say that it was concerning that the Mirumoto-Sama wished to address them all alone, with or without the Shosuro-Sama's presence. It would have been a very dishonourable insinuation.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Although the little rat-person had answered before he could, Itaru none the less felt compelled to correct the monk. "I am afraid you are wrong, Togashi-san, happiness can be destyoed and I hope that you never have to learn this for yourself." Itaru said sadly and his eyes held a great deal of pain and sadness when he spoke. "It seems we never truly appreciate what we have until it is taken from us."

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Itaru shook his head sadly. "My wife cannot be returned to me, that happiness never regained. What difference then is there between it being lost or destroyed? Even if the words are different the result is the same." While it wasn't uncommon for people to mourn for lost loved ones, it seemed as though a part of Itaru had remained in the part. It was probably doubtful that the monk's teachings would reach through to him in his current fugue. As if sensing the futility of it Matsu Itaru also bowed slightly. "I apologise for taking your time, I should attend to my own matter. I believe we will see each other in three hours." Bowing only just perceptibly to the Nezumi Itaru left to find one of the gardens and spend some time contemplating Sayaka's pendant.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Itaru entered shortly before the appointed time, bowing to Mirumoto Dai after he entered as well. "Greetings Mirumoto-Sama." He added and then stepped to the side, waiting to see what would happen next. Itaru carefully took stock of who was present, he knew that he and the other guests in the courtyard had been invited but he did not know if anyone else had been. Especially of note would be the Shosuro-san, should she be present (although he only used that for of address in his mind).

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jan 31, 2013

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Itaru blinked for a moment, but just a moment as he immediately began to try and spot the cause of their host's fall and also for anyone else present. The Crane and the Kitsune had known this was happening, but no one else seemed present at first...which meant that unless Mirumoto Dai had told someone else those two and the current group present were the prime suspects.

Investigation: 5d10o10k2 25

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

"I fear you may be the only one to see such humour Moto-san. You may do well to compose yourself amongst the mourners and also in the presence of Shosuro-Sama, when she comes to investigate this suspicious occurrence. Brevity might be mistaken for a sign of guilt." Itaru said in a somewhat bland and detached voice. No signs of a third party and no obvious causes. He couldn't help but wonder if there was magic or some similar otherworldly foul-play at work here. The coincidence was too great...especially with what Mirumoto Dai had been saying. Had someone wished to silence him? If so, then whom and why...

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Itaru shook his head in slight annoyance. The Deathpriest did not understand, should they be found guilty then their actual guilt mattered little. Besides why else did one laugh except when something was humorous to them? It was a question better put to the monk he supposed. There seemed little point debating it until Shosuro Shizuka arrived, which by his estimates would be soon. After glancing to the courtyard to take measure of the pace of those coming to the scene Itaru looked quizzically at Asano, he was also Lion and would probably think on a closer line to Itaru.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Matsu Itaru was calm and collected under what he perceived would likely be the piercing gaze of Shosuro Shizuka. He had wondered for a moment why she had singled out himself as well as Haruka and Daitomu, but the realised they were the three that had spoken. There might be other connections as well that only Shizuka was aware of. Still he had done nothing wrong and spoke calmly and confidently as he recounted the events.

"The Mirumoto-Sama had asked us to meet him in this place just before his death. He seemed concerned about something and was reassuring us that nothing dishonourable would happen, yet before he could explain further he appeared to slip and fall from the tower to his...unfortunate death. The happening was most disturbing and I tried to see if I could find any traces of wrong-doings, but I did not notice anyone else in the tower except for those he had invited. Furthermore I could see no signs of anything that would have caused Mirumoto Dai to trip...or fall, I am unsure which, to his death in that way. The circumstances seem strange and suspicious, but I fear if something or someone is behind it that it is beyond my means to discern."

Itaru paused for a moment, then remembered something and decided it would be best not to be seen to be hiding anything. "Oh, although you possibly overheard it, the Moto-San seemed to find something about circumstances of the death to be amusing. He is a Death Priest and this might go some way to explaining why, but I did caution him that it might be seen improper and possibly a sign that he was associated with the accident. The Moto-San did not seem to find it suspicious as I did however and replied he did not think there was guilt to be assigned. I would not know of what to make of such a thing, I am only a Bushi after all." He said with a small amount of humble self-deprecation.

Sincerity: 6d10o10k3 50
drat! At any rate trying to convince Shizuka that what I've said is all I know, and furthermore that Itaru himself tried to find out if something had happened to Dai.

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Feb 1, 2013

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Itaru remained quiet and watched the scene. He had thoughts and suspicions, but perhaps he was not the most skilled in this area. Also as he had expected Shizuka had even stated directly suspicion fell upon them like a shadow. Why Mirumoto Dai had seen to include him, had he been plotting some sort of treason he was not sure. To be fair he held little love for the emperor or his regime but he had not intended to commit any treason and his superiors had not even mentioned it to him as well. Perhaps Asano would know more on the matter. Now was hardly the time to ask though.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

The matter was a Dragon matter, and a Dragon was attending to it. So Itaru returned to his room to compose two letters. One to his superiors that had stationed him here, explaining what had happened in fairly literal detail including the arrival of Shizuka, the death of Mirumoto Dai and the tracking of the guard. Itaru also composed a letter to Chihiro, giving his condolences for her uncle's death. It was a slightly clumsy letter, as Itaru had to stop for a while for fear the tears would stain the paper when he thought of how Sayaka's death had affected him. Then he went looking for a servant to help organise the letters delivery.

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 3, 2013

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Itaru wonders for a moment what the flower meant, thinking to see if he could remember it. After a while he remember Sayaka mentioning the language of flowers, that this one was remembrance. It seemed appropriate he supposed but Itaru wasn't sure what he was supposed to do in response. He put the thought aside and went to see if he could Asano and discuss things with him. Right now he might appreciate the presence of another of his clan, even if it might be seen as 'suspicious' by some.

Awareness: 3d10o10k3 16

ProfessorCirno, I'm looking for you!

Also please let me know if that covers an expected response as well!

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Feb 5, 2013

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Itaru naturally did not comment or react to Asano's comment, although whether that was due to manners or simply that he did not hear it wasn't obvious. He does glance at Fuyuko and inclines his head before speaking to Asano. "I apologise if I have interrupted something Ikoma-San, I wished only to seek the company of one more familiar to me in these difficult times. Our hosts are most welcoming and hospitable, but sometimes it is trying to be away from what is familiar for an extended period of time. If you are otherwise occupied though I can return later, it is not a matter of any great urgency." It was clumsy but an earnest attempt to manage something slightly more courtly. To Asano it would likely be fairly clear that Itaru was trouble by what had happened and wished to speak to someone of his clan, as there were no other Matsu at the castle presently.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

"I see lines in battle more than I see lines between people at the court, something troubles me and I would like for someone with more familiarity in the matter to help me see some things I think I am seeing. Perhaps we could discuss this in private?" Itaru suggested, and when Asano did not object led him to a private room. He had a look around first before seating and relaxing a little.

Investigation (Awareness): 5d10o10k2 30
Note: I labelled this wrong, but it now, but it used the correct pool anyway..

"Ikoma-San, I cannot help but draw conclusions between the arrival of the Scorpion Inquisitor and what Mirumoto-Sama said to us." Itaru starts plainly, bluntly and matter-of-factly. The use of 'Scorpion Inquisitor' spoke plainly of his thoughts on that matter and to his credit he managed to keep his voice mostly free of disgust. "Not only this but Mirumoto Dai spoke to reassure us that the Dragon had not forgotten or taken leave of their honour, that something strange would happen and almost immediately after dies seemingly by accident. Furthermore the Inquisitor is quickly on the scene either. As the leader of their group, should her time not be rightly taken up with many introductions and greetings, especially as Chihiro's engagement drew close? Why is it then that she is so close to the scene, as neither she nor Mirumoto Tarou seemed to have run to the courtyard from wherever they were. This does not seem to me like an 'accident'. Too many things are strange and unexplained. So tell me Ikoma-San, am I simply paranoid and filled with discontent for our new rulers after my...my wife's death, or am I right and that something is happening around us?"

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Feb 7, 2013

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

"We all serve Ikoma-San, but we serve the Empire." Itaru replies with a wan smile, still dealing with the self-reminder of his wife's death. The use of Empire where once he would have no doubt said Emperor might have said something to Asano, or it might not be of any real consequence. He paused for a moment and then asked a question. "I am trying to think of the correct response the Mirumoto Chihiro's response to my letter of condolence for her uncle's death. She sent me a flower signifying remembrance and I would like to act courteously in a difficult time for her."

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Earlier

Itaru smiled a little. "I likewise would be honoured that you should be willing to forgo some of your time to aid me in such an endeavour. I am sure that Mirumoto Chihiro will also appreciate a more worthy opponent in the game." He said, bowing slightly to Asano.

Later

"I hope it not out of place for me to speak, but all of us that were present at the tragedy have also been questioned Mirumoto-San." Itaru says to Kenji after Kenta speaks. "But should you feel uncomfortable I would volunteer to accompany you should it be permitted. None would gainsay the honour of the Lion and my family after all." Itaru adds, expecting that the Shosuro-Sama would not take kindly to such an offer but feeling that the guard at least deserved to have an observer to ensure nothing dishonourable were to happen to him. His honour would bind him to tell the truth for Shizuka as well as Kenji.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Itaru is surprised and impressed by the gift, such a valuable item of imperial history makes for one heck of a gift. In fact he wonders for a moment if it should not be kept somewhere else, as a memorial of the family that the Scorpion ended. Well...perhaps they wouldn't, and perhaps it was an unpleasant reminder that their rule had been seized dishonourably. In that light its presentation made a bit more sense and Itaru was a bit pleased that he had sorted out why the gift had been given.

"A valuable and auspicious gift indeed. It is a shame that none shall hear its sound again, if it truly as beautiful as you say Shosuro-Sama." Itaru says with an attempt at being polite and respectful. As the Inquisitor had said, without the blood of Hantei to make it work the chime was merely beautiful and not very magical anymore.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Well that was something. An impressive trick to be sure, but since the Hantei dynasty was dead it must be a show. One in poor taste admittedly.

"Shosuro-Sama, while we are all very impressed by this display everyone knows that the Hantei dynasty no longer continues in the empire. Your own clan has told us of the...death of the previous emperor and his son. It is quite impossible for Kitsuki-San to be of the Hantei line. So as a humble Bushi, one who is not familiar with the ways of the courts or with the arts I would be most grateful if you could explain to me how you managed this performance." He said trying to be polite but managing to sound a little disappointed by the whole charade.

Itaru isn't really sure what's going on, but he's going to speak truthfully about what he believes.
Sincerity: 6d10o10k3 21

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Feb 11, 2013

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Itaru had little idea what was going on here, but if there was a chance that Kenta was truly the last survivor of the Hantei line...

The Matsu knelt as well. The Lion were the arm of the Empire and if this man was who he claimed he was then he was compelled to follow him.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Investigation (Perception): 5d10o10k2 9
Hey guys, remember those awesome rolls I made when they probably didn't matter?

Itaru was wracked with guilt, for he doubted Shizuka. He was expecting her to leap forward with a dagger, plunging it into Kenta's heart at any moment...yet he could not see any sign she might do such a thing. Nor could he see any assassins or anything. That the Scorpion be the agent of the revealing of the last scion of the line of Hantei bothered him. But all he could do was wait. Needless to say Itaru was prepared for something violent to happen.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

"It is true that the Lion will willingly follow the surviving scion of Hantei, our honour demands it." Itaru begins in response to Daitomu's comment. "However I fear that many of our clan elders will not feel that a single chime will be sufficient proof to incite rebellion." He continued sadly. "They may gainsay the word of Shosuro-Sama and...Hantei Kenta Ouji-Sama." He added, pausing for a moment to figure out exactly how he should address the Son of Heaven.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Itaru considered what was being asked. He would have to choose now whether to rebel against the current regime or to take a chance that Kenta was who he said he was. But then Itaru thought about Sayaka's death, how there was increasing unrest and banditry in the empire. Was the Scorpion's rule truly so great? Should any of the Great Clans really have that much power over others? When all had been subservient to the Emperor there had been a balance, but now that was completely shattered. No. Ten years had been enough. The Scorpion had proven themselves unfit to rule and there was a very good chance that Kenta would be at least a little better at worst, in Itaru's eyes. He composed himself and hardened his resolve.

"I would be willing to do so, but I am afraid I do not know where Toturi-Sama currently is, nor how to find him." Considering Toturi's current status using Sama was not required, but showed that Itaru still thought of him somewhat highly.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

"Even though the Scoprion's orders that we man the wall have reduced our number, with the Akodo family sadly taking the brunt of this, the Lion are still the mightiest standing force of the Greater Clans." Itaru replies fiercely with pride in his clan clearing spurring his words. "If it comes to battle, we will be a tremendous asset; and if nothing else we will serve as either a deterrent to battle or convince others that our cause has enough backing to be worth rallying to!"

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Itaru moved to a corner and took out a simple wooden flute. His music was a little tuneless, and he stopped and started often trying to get the right notes. It seemed clear he knew what the music should sound like, but struggled to get that sound out of his flute. After a while and a number of pointed looks from other guests he sighs, stops and puts away his flute.

Perform (Flute): 3d10o10k2 9
I'd also like to get a 3rd level of Perception for 12xp, bringing my water ring up to 3.

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Feb 17, 2013

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

"If they are even able to think, I would imagine it is because the player moves them Togashi-San." Itaru says moving away from Tekre and the Ronin to watch the game of Shogi. "It is a game of strategy, you are the general and they are the soldiers under your command." He adds after a moment of though, believing the Monk would probably not really accept a literal and practical answer to his question.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Itaru shook his head a little and was about to correct the monk when he decided not to. What was the point? If the monk was playing for a different reason and his opponent did not mind what did it really matter? "When other people play they say the soldiers obey perfectly. They focus on the strategy and think little about their soldiers." Itaru says, with the deliberate intent to let the monk make some kind of comment or proverb on the wisdom of a general who doesn't care for their soldiers. It seemed to be what he would enjoy doing, so letting him do so was a simple enough thing to do. Certainly Itaru felt it easier than trying to argue about the actual point of the game.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

"Perhaps you are right Togashi-San. However when one fights for their life, they often find it hard to know more than the immediate battle around them. That is why there are officers and generals, they avoid fighting for their life, so that they can focus on helping others. A wise and mighty general in a way fights to save the lives of his soldiers, instead of his own. After all we are just men." Itaru says with a slight smile, amused that despite his bold words the monk had still been bested by his opponent in the end after all.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Itaru looked at the Ronin and shook his head. The man was a fool to push everyone away when he had no-one to turn to. "A man cannot stand by himself. We all need companions." He says with a slightly mournful tone, remembering his wife again and wishing she was here to lighten his mood a bit. Certainly if either monk were to take his comment as some sort of sage wisdom, he had not thought or intended it to be so.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Going to assume the attack stance on my turn, or now if I can.

Initiative: 3d10o10k2 13

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Itaru steps up to swing hard at the servant running with the Tetsubo with Ono (servant 2). It strikes viciously into the poor woman dealing a terrible and grievous wound.

"If you wish to say you lived after fighting a Matsu, I suggest you put your weapons away now." Itaru says coldly to the Ronin and his companions.

Attack (Ono): 5d10o10k2+6 19
This was with a single raise, for extra damage so I'm sure a 14 misses. If it doesn't damage is 5k4

Retroactively buying Heavy Weapons (Ono) 3, for 7XP

Heavy Weapons (Ono): 5d10o10k2+6 21
Total of 1 raise. As you confirmed that hit on IRC;

Damage (Ono): 5d10o10k4 33
33 Damage total

pre:
TNtBH: 25	 Init: 13	Stance: Attack
Wound Track:     [OOOOO OOOOO]+0 [OOOO]+3 [OOOO]+5 
[OOOO]+10 [OOOO]+15 [OOOO]+20 [OOOO]+40 [OOOO] RIP

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Feb 21, 2013

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Seeing that the Monk was dealing with the Ronin and respecting that he had a personal reason to deal with him, Itaru decided to leave Win be for the time being and attacked the 'Yasuki'. Daitomu's spell allowed him to move quick as a flash across the room, so just as Asano had finished feinting and struck the servant instead Itaru had come in to attack with his Ono. There was no subtlety to the Matsu's attack, just brute force and furious strength.

Heavy Weapons (Ono): 5d10o10k2+6 24
One raise, hits TN 20
Damage (Ono): 5d10o10k4 25

pre:

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 21, 2013

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

"Your companion is rude, insults us and now you accuse us of treachery? Have you forgotten every single lesson on honor, or were you simply never taught?" Itaru roars loudly at the Yasuki, his bloody Ono in hand.

Sincerity: 6d10o10k3 25
If relevant. Mostly trying to make him feel ashamed before I behead him rather than talk him down.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Preparing this in case Itaru gets to continue on and attempt to kill the 'Yasuki'.

Heavy Weapons (Ono): 5d10o10k2+6 37
2 raises
Damage (Ono): 6d10o10k4 22
If only I'd raised for 4, my other roll was for 51 damage!

pre:

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Itaru quietly steps outside, ducking as he goes through the door due to his unusually large frame and wipes down his Ono, cleaning the blood off of it. By the time he is done the cold has well and truly cooled his blood and he is feeling a lot calmer.

"I would advise choosing you companions more carefully." He says to the Shugenja, rather diplomatically he thought given the entire situation. He would have been rather justified in killing him, despite it potentially being somewhat foolish.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Itaru thinks for a moment of rebuking the monk, then realises no true insult has been given and struggles with it a little. Win was clearing having fun at his expense but wordplay was not his strength, so the Matsu simply takes on a surly expression and glowers a little at a fairly unassuming painting.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

9XP - Heavy Weapons 3-5

Itaru was not sure what to do at this point, so defaulted to his usual past-time. He took to the training yard and tried to wring the doubt and uncertainty from his body as he wrung out sweat.

Itaru is likely to mention they wish to speak to Toturi, but will not say as to why. If someone else who's better at talking wants to give a more compelling reason he'll happily let them take over though.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

That was odd...they had heard stories of Toturi's struggles on the field of battle more recently. Itaru frowned and questioned this. "There are numerous sightings of Toturi leading battles since that time, if he is dead then who is it that has taken his place? Perhaps he is simply working with others for the time being?" He offered as he questioned what they had said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

"The Lion serve the Empire." Itaru begins fiercely, sudden passion and zeal shining in his eyes. "As long as the Emperor is the Empire, then we also serve him. But this false Scorpion Emperor is content to let the empire itself crumble while he tries to deal with threats he only imagines. Sending the Lion and the Crane to the Wall has beaten back the forces of Darkness, but the Emperor forced much of our forces to muster. Do you know what happens now in Lion lands? Bandits can begin to roam, unchecked because we have too few men and women to properly police the lands. My own wife, who served faithfully for several years on the wall was murdered by bandits on her way home. She killed many of them before succumbing to her wounds, but to be attacked on a main road in open daylight is beyond shame! Our Honor is still our life though, for we are the arm of the Empire and must act impeccably because of it. While a false Emperor is our only Emperor we must bow to him, but now that the scion of Hantei has been found we have a chance to serve a true, just Emperor. I have only met with him for a few days but he already possesses a wisdom and calm that takes others a lifetime to master. That man is a leader, a true Emperor. If we can give the Lion a chance to fight for something that is right, that is just then we will surely be able to call upon the aid of any true Lion."

It hurt to talk about his wife's death, but to turn it into a tool like this made it a bit easier to deal with. Itaru wasn't an elegant speaker, nor was he good at dealing with the roundabout ways of speech that courtiers used. But what he could do was speak simply and plainly from the heart. A Matsu threw themselves into everything with all of their might and their heart after all, and while speaking was not what people normally expected of the warrior family even soldiers needed a hopeful word from time to time.

Sincerity: 6d10o10k3 26
Not sure if it's needed or appropriate, but if so, here's a roll to make a convincing and rousing speech.

• Locked thread