Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
gently caress yes just the existence of this without having even heard it yet is making me so happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm obsessed with Comeback.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Summer Love and Solo are my early favorites, This Love Isn't Crazy is also really really good but I wish the drums had something more going on.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

This Love Isnt Crazy and Stay Away are the biggest takeaways for me.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

This Is What They Say is insane. HOW ARE YOU SO GOOD AT THIS

e: Let's Sort The Whole Thing Out is going to be my summer bop

weekly font fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 21, 2020

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

thank you for spotting me Carly

https://twitter.com/josephclgnr/status/1263452806247145478

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I just heard this track and definitely did a double take as well.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm only a few tracks into Dedicated Side B but this owns

oneforthevine
Sep 25, 2015

“Comeback” could be the best single any other artist released in a given year and here it’s on a collection of B-sides. I don’t understand how CRJ isn’t the biggest pop star in the world.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
Probably too soon to call it as I'm only up to Heartbeat, but so far I like this more than side A. Probably just an expectations thing though. I love Emotion and was mad disappointed with Dedicated. I felt like that album had a real "background music" vibe for the most part. This is grabbing me more but like I say, too early to call it/lowered expectations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

nomapple posted:

Probably too soon to call it as I'm only up to Heartbeat, but so far I like this more than side A. Probably just an expectations thing though. I love Emotion and was mad disappointed with Dedicated. I felt like that album had a real "background music" vibe for the most part. This is grabbing me more but like I say, too early to call it/lowered expectations.

I kind of feel this way? I loved Dedicated and this doesn’t have a single song as good as Julien or I’ll Be Your Girl but it’s more consistent all the way through.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Side B is much more of a vibe album IMO. There's a little less genre jumping and everything sounds like it really fits together. Dedicated definitely grew on me though, so I expect with lots of listening this will just slot right in with the rest of her work. My post-Emotion CRJ playlist is 3.5 hours long now (including Call Me Maybe, the four albums and a bunch of loosies/features, plus a IRLY/New Romantics mash-up that I love)! Time to start writing a CRJ jukebox musical!

This Love Isn't Crazy is definitely a Carly song, it's got that signature sound that all of her most iconic singles have.
Window is fine, might be the least notable on first listen.
Felt this Way is really fun and definitely slides right into that "honeymoon phase" slot that so many of her other songs do
Stay Away is even better, I like how the verses for Stay Away and Felt this Way are the same but still sound so different. Stay Away is possibly my favorite early on.
edit: holy poo poo did I forget This Is What They Say? I love the production on this one.
Heartbeat is really sweet
Summer Love is probably my least favorite so far, but still very good (not nearly as bad as like, Right Words Wrong Time)
Fake Mona Lisa is fun also
Lets Sort the Whole Thing Out definitely reminds me of Everything He Needs with the broadway musical interpolation, I would love if we got one of these on every one of her album from here
Comeback is a Bleachers-rear end Bleachers song, it reminds me a lot of their first album and also Out of the Woods.
Solo is another one of my favorites, it feels very fitting given our current situation
Now I Don't Hate California After All is very chill, the most vibe-y of them all. I wish it was a little more like For Sure with the repetition at the end.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 00:40 on May 22, 2020

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I like Dedicated but it was a grower. Side B connected immediately and has absolutely no skips. This Love Isn't Crazy is already in the running for one of my favourite CRJ songs ever.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

riches beyond measure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugQhauUEcJM

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Gaga featuring Ariana Grande - Rain On Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugQhauUEcJM

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

praise gaga

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Carly and Gaga on the same day :swoon:

This song slappppppps. I wish it was like a minute longer but yasssss. They both sound heavenly.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/ArianaGrande/status/1263674667597836289?s=19

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Good week for new music. New Tove Lo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTPYR0QUzwQ

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
This has been an absolutely amazing week for music and I'm vibing hard.
However, I checked Instagram recently and apparently everyone is making GBS threads on Lana del Rey? I saw the post that she made and it seems kinda daft, but people are being really damned mad at her for it. Did something happen or what?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s that first paragraph that has people mad

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

This is by far the most disappointing Tove Lo song I've heard.

Rina put out a Bad Friend music video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLXtc2OSrLQ

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Stalins Moustache posted:

This has been an absolutely amazing week for music and I'm vibing hard.
However, I checked Instagram recently and apparently everyone is making GBS threads on Lana del Rey? I saw the post that she made and it seems kinda daft, but people are being really damned mad at her for it. Did something happen or what?

its a real weird take for a very successful artist to take shots at other Women and poc for "songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, loving, cheating etc", The artist she names also get poo poo on all the time so the back half of the statement is extremely ???. Calling out other successful Women who get the exact same poo poo regardless of the music or lyrical content is just tonedeaf, enjoy your goddamn success without trying to slap down others.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

It's painfully close to a middle aged white dude saying they only like old school rap cause they didn't sing about "bitches bling and hos." Just tone deaf and cringey as gently caress.

Also, I'M NOT NOT A FEMINIST is basically a dril tweet.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

god loving dammit it's like azalea banks all over again

https://twitter.com/cokemirorrs/status/1262885343067615233?s=20

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Gaga's intense love for Bayonetta is all over this Rain On Me video. Hell it's on everything for Chromatica in general so far.

The shadow remains cast, bitches.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

esperterra posted:

Gaga's intense love for Bayonetta is all over this Rain On Me video. Hell it's on everything for Chromatica in general so far.

The shadow remains cast, bitches.

Even the drat name seems to be inspired by it. Make the drat movie Hollywood, even if she is like 3 feet too short to play Bayonetta. They can fix it in post.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Vince MechMahon posted:

Even the drat name seems to be inspired by it. Make the drat movie Hollywood, even if she is like 3 feet too short to play Bayonetta. They can fix it in post.

if Jack Reacher can be 5'Tom Cruise then Bayonetta can be Gaga-sized.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rpG34Y92mg

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

its real dumb that everyone kept jerking off the Jonas brothers off of one good song for their return when these two former Disney stars are both better actors and better musicians than the JoBros.

(we're gonna ignore the dumb poo poo they said as teenagers because religion is a hell of a drug, I'm pretty sure they've both come out in favor of evolution since then)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DC Murderverse posted:

its real dumb that everyone kept jerking off the Jonas brothers off of one good song for their return when these two former Disney stars are both better actors and better musicians than the JoBros.

(we're gonna ignore the dumb poo poo they said as teenagers because religion is a hell of a drug, I'm pretty sure they've both come out in favor of evolution since then)

They have. They made some public comment about their "glow up" being more than just physical.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Potential Breakup Song is a forever bop from the summer of my graduation and I will never be ashamed to blast that poo poo. 2007 was the year of driving around pumping it and Umbrella.

Aly and AJ have always lowkey owned and I'm glad whenever they get together to do a comeback.

e: honestly now that i think of it most of Insomniatic owned

esperterra fucked around with this message at 20:05 on May 26, 2020

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

sportsgenius86 posted:

They have. They made some public comment about their "glow up" being more than just physical.

they're really cool:

quote:

Aly & AJ: Both of us hope talking about our lives removes some of the stigma of someone else's struggles. Our commitment to spreading awareness for those dealing with mental health issues is a guiding theme not only for our most recent record but for this tour. It just felt right for us to team up with a group like The Trevor Project to help as many fans as possible and to create a safe space for them, online and at our shows. We know so many LGBTQ+ youth in particular are struggling with feelings of self-worth. Our world is not yet as just and compassionate as we hope it will someday be. We want to give every possibility of overcoming that. Just within the small community of people who listen to our music exists an unknowable and vast amount of human potential, love, and possibility. Knowing so many young men and women coming to our shows were once closeted teenagers who were able to connect to songs like "No One," "Rush," or "Stick & Stones" brings us great joy. If we can play a small part in furthering any one person's love for themselves then we've done a small good and our fight to get our music heard is justified.

they're probably in the running for "Most healthily aged child star siblings", right up there with the Sprouse Twins (although obviously there's something wrong with Cole Sprouse if he's going around breaking up with Lilli Reinhart).

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Their Sanctuary EP is fantastic, Church is imo one of the best pop songs of last year. Ten Years is an album worth checking out too if you like them. I am really looking forward to whatever album comes out of Joan of Arc on the Dance Floor and Attack of Panic. Fun live show too, I got to see them last year and it was great.

Then again maybe I'm just a sucker because I'm also that one person still listening to their 78Violet stuff on a regular basis.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Oh man 78violet. That poo poo takes me back.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

nomapple posted:

Coming back to say that I am def preferring side B. I dunno whether it's better just because of the whole expectations thing, but I can't stop coming back. Summer Love probably my highlight at the moment. Suspect I will be going back to Dedicated with fresh ears as well. I find the production so much more interesting on this record. Love what sounds like a slowed down steel pan on the last track and the totally ABBA bit in Summer Love.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oh my god

https://mobile.twitter.com/Metro_Ents/status/1265963681176866816

https://youtu.be/fnPn6At3v28

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

As much as I'm not a Blackpink fan this track is lit and makes me want to stomp down a runway. Super pleasantly surprised by how much of it is in Korean, tho I really shouldn't be considering Gaga's history of stanning asian pop music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

It’s really funny that last week we just sort of got a brand new album from one of my favorite pop stars out of nowhere, and this week we’re getting an album from my other favorite pop star that I’ve been waiting an incredibly long time for (sorry Joanne and ASiB, you were just side projects on the path to Gaga’s true return to form)

I’ve seen a lot of comparisons to ARTPOP early on, it’s making me very happy because ARTPOP is very good