Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«87 »
AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

HAIKOOLIGAN

Does it sound like that part in Goldfish where they break out into really noisy guitar and drums for like 10s because that's my favorite part of the entire album

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matsuri
Sep 21, 2014

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Does it sound like that part in Goldfish where they break out into really noisy guitar and drums for like 10s because that's my favorite part of the entire album

Mmm... hard to really define it like that. There's that one really unhinged bit in Only Acting, but the rest of the album is quite a bit of a departure from their past style, while still managing to have the same whimsical charm to it.

It's only 4 tracks long and you can take it all in within less than 15 minutes. Each track doesn't really have the same cohesive style to it, which is a little jarring, but not in a bad way.
The One True Path is pretty chill with a heavy bass beat in the background, with some noise put in here and there, with a really nice ending.
In its album version, Only Acting is the sound of Bubblegum Pop Losing its Innocence. It starts off like something spot on with their old style and... well, just listen to it.
The You Know How It Is has a very garage-band-ish sound to it that I love to pieces.
Cinema probably has the most similar style to their past music (not counting Only Acting), but trades sugary peppiness for a more dulcet, melancholy tone. I love this one a lot too.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

HAIKOOLIGAN

Yea you know how it is sounds like goldfish kinda

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

these new KKB tracks are great and I hope the album comes soon, they pull off that power pop sound really well

«87 »