Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leonard Pine
Apr 20, 2008

HJB posted:

I don't listen to many radio stations but I've never heard it played out anywhere, so it just goes to show how much of an influence the Internet has on music nowadays.

I've been thinking about this in regards to K-pop. No touring, no press and yet people are actually paying money to download Gangnam Style and there was a K-pop shelf in HMV Oxford street when I was in last. Whenever a Korean pop act does a gig in Europe it seems to sell out immediately (according to my friend who likes the stuff anyway). Nerds have managed to make a whole genre borderline mainstream and commercially successful for a whole new market without any promotion, that's nuts.

unknown poster posted:

I knew I heard this before, its her singing over this Gold Panda track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su1wK7iCQfQ

Thanks for posting that.

I really like Charli XCX, I thought both her mixtapes were quality and she's put out a couple of near-perfect pop songs. It's a pity the album's been so delayed and she cancelled her headlining UK tour, but I think she's strong enough as an artist to weather it. As an older music fan it's also drat interesting to see a young artist pretty much coming of age on the internet and being so actively influenced by it - there's a real magpie tumblr aesthetic going through a lot of her work, at least visually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leonard Pine
Apr 20, 2008

Wandle Cax posted:

I'm sure you must have all heard Work Bitch by now the new Britney song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g58N_wKk3Bg&t=234s

I find it very amusing and I enjoy it. I think it's a good song but I can't really tell. I just love they way she rhymes fancy with mansion, and then France for some reason. Brilliant.

I think this is the best Britney single in some time, and makes me very hopeful for the album. I like the message, too - sure, "if you want stuff you need to work for it" isn't revolutionary but coming from the desk of will.i.am it's basically Sartre. I'm pretty sure that part of the success of Roar is its generic "I've been in a tough situation but I'm strong and I got out"-message, and I think people could latch onto this in the same way. If nothing else "Work Bitch" is pretty much the best treadmill song ever.