Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soylent Heliotrope
Jan 27, 2009

DominoDancing posted:

Guys, the new Pet Shop Boys album is so good. So, so good. Now I really liked Elysium, but it did have a couple of clunkers on it (not sure I'm ever going to listen to Winner or Give It A Go again). But Electric is good from start to end. Hell, a lot better than good in some places. Love Is A Bourgeois Construct is as fantastic as its name suggests, Example's part on Thursday (which I was a bit apprehensive about) is great, and even those that might have been lesser songs (like Inside A Dream) have something about them that pushes them AT LEAST above average (that great bassline in case of Inside A Dream). I really hope Electric goes over better with the public and fan base than Elysium did, because it really deserves it.

Came here to post this. Electric is end-to-end great but in particular "Love is a Bourgeois Construct" and "Thursday" are loving amazing. I really didn't think PSB had another great album in them but they sure shut me up. It really doesn't sound like the work of an 80s band at all. Both of the singles so far sound like things I might actually hear at my local gay club on a good night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Heliotrope
Jan 27, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

Hi, I have no idea what the best thread for this would be, but The Go! Team is putting out another album and the teaser sounds real real good. -> http://thegoteam.co.uk/

If there's a better NMD thread for this please direct me thataway.

Oh wow, I thought they called it quits after Rolling Blackouts (which is a fantastic album- one of my 2011 favorites). I definitely like what I'm hearing from that teaser, so color me excited.

The Go! Team probably appeal more to indie pop listeners than mainstream pop listeners, so the indie megathread is also a good place to post them.