Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

AndyP posted:

What's this about?

Oh, and if you haven't seen it, Miley was on Fallon recently, and performed an acapella cover of We Can't Stop with The Roots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mjvfnUAfyo

Something I'm curious about. Does her voice naturally sound autotuned to hell, or did they just autotune the hell out of her bits for the show? I remember Fallon saying something about her nailing her take on the first try...because she coulda just monotoned it and relied on autotune?

However, I do absolutely love the poo poo out of Bangerz as an album, Wrecking Ball in partuclar.

...if only for the Nic Cage version of the video.

Dr Jankenstein fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Oct 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

Mondlicht posted:

I think you'd really like Lykke Li.

I've been a secret lover of Miley's voice for awhile, I just usually don't like what she does with it. Her cover of Jolene opened my eyes a bit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOwblaKmyVw

Thank you for this.

Because thanks to this, I found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFZsunzjDXU

...seriously, this is better than Buckley's version of the song. Like, easily on par with Simone's version of the song.

drat, girl can sing way way better than her pappy can. (And I say that as someone who shamelessly owns a copy of Some Gave All that makes its rotation into my car stereo at least once a month).

Pop music really is fantastic these days in a way that we haven't seen since the 80's. Bangerz is a fantastic album, the 20/20 Experience is knock-your-socks off good, Lana Del Ray's terrible SNL performance aside has a fantastic album out, Britney's new album is pretty drat good, and I'm suddenly blasting songs from people that once were prodigies of the Mouse with 0 fucks being given.

Dr Jankenstein fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Oct 14, 2013

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Lord Krangdar posted:

It's especially weird because I've never seen an actually good SNL performance- something about their sound system or team or acoustics or whatever reduces every band I've seen on there to coming off as awkward and off-rhythm.

SNL does have weird acoustics. Miley knocked it out of the park. When Fun was on there? They sounded like poo poo. JT always sounds good, but Sleigh Bells sounded terrible. It's something about the studio (Which does have really weird acoustics the two times I've been in there on the NBC tour. Like, couldn't hear the person next to me, but could hear the tour guide weird acoustics.)

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

gently caress Ke$ha.

Seriously, whoever writes her stuff needs to be shot for creating the most earwormy poo poo on the planet. I cannot count the number of times this week I have gotten "timber" out of my head just to get it promptly stuck back in it again.