Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
4 songs in and this is ridic godammit

e: Holy poo poo the HAIM collab is insane

Rarity fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Dec 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

LionArcher posted:

it’s a better album

Gonna need a few more listens before I can say for sure but it might be. The first half is so drat strong

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I can't stop singing the bridge to that Olivia Rodrigo song send help

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Woodvale isn't a new album, it's an old album :tinfoil:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh poo poo I love it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Very mad she whiffed on playing the 3 song trilogy but also hell yes go Tay Tay :toot:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Paperback Writer posted:

lol wow what a video

This might be the gayest thing I've ever seen

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Rina's music is ace and she's also spoken out loads about the Mercury/Brits awards being racist so she rips in my book

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Deformed Church posted:

New Marina track, and the album is due on June 11th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5u3kP85LYI

That is a Tune. What's Marina's recent output been like? I was insanely into her when she first started but dropped off after her third album cause it was a load of shite

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The first time I heard Déja Vu I thought it was a lame follow up to Drivers License but ha shows what I know cause now that chorus has made permanent home in my brain

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Huh, if you'd ask me to guess the sound of her next track my answer would have been... not that. Slaps hard though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Update: I've now listened to this song 15 times, I think I may be stuck

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Driver's License > Deja Vu > Good 4 U is one of the best opening salvos from a new artist that I can remember

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just found out Olivia Rodrigo was born in 2003 and godammit what have I done with my life :negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:worship::worship::worship:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7AJnDRuemA

Better than the SNL performances imo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Marina dropped a new track and it is a Jam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V17JN76uxc

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Finished my first listen through, I have 2 initial reactions

1) It definitely captures the feeling of being a teenager, it really took me back to that time and reminded me why I hated it

2) Aside from the singles Jealousy, Jealousy and Hope Ur Ok stood out the most, will have to see what jumps out after I get more familiar with the songs

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Lil Nas X dropped a new song and video

https://youtu.be/U3BVFY9wnTw

It's amazing

No I am not loving crying shut up

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Been listening to SOUR all morning and I'm going to express my full opinion in the only valid form of critical review: a list

1. Good 4 U
2. Deja Vu
3. Hope Ur Ok
4. Jealousy, Jealousy
5. Driver's License
6. Happier
7. Traitor
8. 1 Steps Forward, 3 Steps Back
9. Brutal
10. Enough For You
11. Favourite Crime

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I finally heard the new CHVRCHES track and gently caress me that is a whole drat vibe

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
New Marina dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1JTlnHGa90

Album's out in 2 days and I am beyond hype

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I feel like I'm alone in never really rating Lorde. She did that one song for the Hunger Games that was a belter but besides that nothing I've ever heard from her has ever registered.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Not heard this one before and like it's ok? Strong finish but most of the song is just kinda there. I definitely don't hate it but it's not doing anything for me either

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Double posting cause I've listened to the Marina album and it's so drat good. Besides the singles which are all still dope there's New America which is just savage, Goodbye and Highly Emotional People are both really moving and then my personal fave I Love You But I Love Me More which is gonna be the soundtrack to so many hot girl summers. The only problem I have with the album is that it's only 10 songs :negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm glad we've reached a point in society where Miley can be celebrated for being a great pop artist instead of demonized for twerking in her underwear

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Escobarbarian posted:

Surprised the Britney stuff hasn’t been mentioned in here yet

I only just caught up with the news, it's so hosed.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I can't wait to hear Rina's cover!

Yeah definitely looking like the highlight there

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dammit I chucked that Ed Sheeran song to check it out and now I've listened to it 4 times :negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I watched the video and it felt aggressively heterosexual

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I finally watched the Sour Prom, it rips

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
New CHVRCHES track dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSHGVsWDP8I

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
New Lil Nas X video :stwoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTHLKHL_whs

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
POPPY! :supaburn:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DC Murderverse posted:

LeBron has basically been the best player in basketball since he joined the league (right out of high school, making him a wunderkind too) and is very good about developing his brand and changing the teams around him as the circumstances in the league change. As he’s grown older he’s become a leader across the league and is outspoken in favor of players rights. He fits with Taylor because of their consistency, their longevity, the fact that you cannot write them out and because both appreciate wine.

I changed my mind about Olivia, I think she’s actually Zion Williamson, who entered the league as one of the most exciting young players because of his rare combination of brain and athleticism (the man is built like a linebacker and flies like a gymnast) and is sort of a throwback to the 1990s.

Gaga is Kobe because he’ll probably never be i the conversation about the true GOAT but for the guys in the league Kobe is the guy they all idolized growing up. Kobe also showed a desire to be a sort of renaissance man; he was the first NBA player to win an Oscar.

Who's Britney?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That's is an absolute bop

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Deformed Church posted:

We're getting All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault)!!! and she's getting a prison sentence for bracket abuse

:yeshaha:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Good, now :fuckoff:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/LilNasX/status/1430710366078574595

I'm not prepared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Screen Violence absolutely slaps, best CHVRCHES album yet imo. I don't think anything beats How Not To Drown but Final Girl comes drat close. Asking For A Friend and Nightmares are also standout tracks. Gonna be listening to this a lot.