Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

DC Murderverse posted:

apparently Future Nostalgia leaked and i am once again faced with the fact that i don't think i could find a leaked album online if i tried

i'll just wait and say i'm doing it to honor the wishes of the artist to hide the fact that I'm old

Just Google futurenostalgia.mp3.exe and download the first thing you find. What's the worst that could happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Carly just put up the two extra tracks from the Japanese release of emotion.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Might wanna timg that, But also lol, really doing anything to save his sinking ship of a career

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Sinking ship that had songs peak on the Billboard charts at 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 8 plus a handful more in the top 100 all in 2020?

Have you seen what's charting nowadays? There hasn't been a single unequivocally good album in the last year. The best we've gotten is mediocre singles and "Alright" albums.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The reverse is also true. Thirty year old Taylor singing the songs she made when she was in her early twenties felt very odd to me

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Velvet Underground + Nico and Shocking blue are the first to come to mind

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

LionArcher posted:

It’s good but it’s not as good as either of Lorde’s albums.

What is though? She kills it every time

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Fjucking Melodrama is so good and people slept on it waht the gently caress

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Queen II is the best queen album though.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I think Pure Heroine has better singles, but Melodrama is a more coherent album. If that makes sense. Tbh though, I don't think Green Light fits on the Album

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah this isn't really doing anything for me. Hopefully it's the Green Light of the album and the rest is solid.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Wait, am I the only one who thinks Tennis Court is her best song?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I dismissed Billies ad on Spotify only for them to replace it with an even larger version I couldn't dismiss. Well now I'm going to not listen to her album out of spite, before it was just outta indifference.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I don't think I'm gonna like Lordes new album.

To be positive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAakpl8u6OQ
CHVRCHES covering one of my favorites

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'll continue to listen to good music instead. Thanks for the suggestion

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I hope she gets over her breakup

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

BigFactory posted:

Solar Power is actually really good hth.

It's boring as gently caress.

LionArcher posted:

She can either then get into another relationship and write a break up album that could be as good, or worse get happy like Lorde and produce a much worse album than her previous work. (lordes first two Albums are much better that OR but still).

Taylor remains alone in being able to write a lot of songs about break ups but grow into an artist that keeps getting better.

I think her albums got some decent songs. But you cannot pull that level of teenage angst again without Turing yourself into a joke of an artist.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I couldn't sing a Bieber song if you put. A gun to my head so I think Richie wins

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Has Selina learned how to sing yet?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Why didn't you guys tell me bout BANKS she's pretty good

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I don't think it's possible to have a good ten minute pop song at any rate. That length is for prog rock only

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Did she not already release wildest dreams as a single

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I feel bad for the kid.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

^burtle posted:

The Weekend says this is supposed to be what you hear on the road to Heaven and if that is true, I am turning around and heading to Hell.

Ye must've really gotten to him

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I don't think Taylor should drag herself through the mud like that

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

https://youtu.be/gZiEvY6d8Y4

It's out

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Speaking of insipid

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Tove Lo is great. Y'know when you're feeling down that all modern pop is awful, you can pop on a Tove lo song. With just one listen you can find a new found appreciation for absolutely any thing that isn't Tove Lo

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Carly's new single keeps making me think she did a song with beach house and it's driving me insane.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I heard them both pop up today on a Spotify playlist. Personally Bad Habits has stupid as hell lyrics but is pretty catchy and Gemini Rights is a pretty solid eight of an album. Sunroof has big summer energy, but it sounds like one of those post Jonas Bros projects or something. After the second listen it was already grating

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I thought Frank Ocean was dropping an album and now I'm both disappointed and 18,000 dollars poorer

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That better not be the tracklist. I ain't doing this untiled unmastered poo poo again

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Artistes have been making some baffling lead single choices for awhile now. My only guess is she was chasing that xannyed up eilish crowd or something

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Dedicated is odd because it's a very consistent album with no skips and good songs all the way through, but none are great or quote unquote bangers. It needs a run away with me desperately

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Its easily the best pop song of this year

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It forces you to listen to the whole album. It's great

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Its nice when you're reading to be forced to take short breaks. Besides it's an excuse to put on one of the best albums of all time, I, Robot by Alan Parsons Project.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Please give me something more interesting than her last two albums

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The album was really boring, not as boring as the last two but still snooze inducing. Taylor should drop all her old collaborators and do some weird poo poo cause right now her output is starting to feel like it's made by an ai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I don't want to say it but I will. Drake is bigger than Taylor