Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it

HorseRenoir posted:

I don't really think Gotye will have another hit, mostly because I don't think he was ever aiming for one in the first place. If anything, he sounded really pissed dealing with Top 40 radio stations and the lovely "remixes" they made so his song would sound like everything else on the radio.

Yeah, every time he's been asked about it, he's sort of scratched his head and said "I'm grateful for the success, but I'm just going to do what I'm driven to do as an artist, so if it happens again, nice, if not, then not." Eyes Wide Open and I Feel Better were released as singles and EWO bubbled in the Top 100 for a while but not much else, IFB didn't go anywhere which is a shame because I adore it so. Don't know if any others were released in the US as singles, it gets weird when you have artists from other countries, I get the stats confused.

Gotye's a cool motherfucker though. I mean, he remixed Youtube covers of Somebody that I Used to Know into a medley that sweeps through like every style of instrumentation possible. Of his own volition. Just to turn his gratitude for its success into art. Bless you, Wally.

Jay O fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jan 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3jzMyYgPQs
Gaga and R Kelly

This is the dopest poo poo ever

I can't decide whether I like this or Applause better. The more basic production on Do What You Want is appealing, but that also makes it less addictive than Applause, and there's something to be said for addictiveness when you wear out and loop songs like I enjoy doing.

Now Artpop on the other hand...

:getin: Can't wait for the full single. The whole album really.