Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

I like Mariners Apartment Complex better but still this is great new stuff from Lana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

I took my daughter to it on an IMAX screen on Friday night. It was a great time and the girl next to her gave her five friendship bracelets.

I was a bit of a fish out of water as one of the only dads in the theatre but I was so happy to be with her and get to watch her sing and dance her little heart out. I only got up to dance with her a couple of times since this was her show and I wanted her to be able to girl it up to her hearts content

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Listening to 1989 TV with Dolby Atmos on is quite a different experience from the rest of the re-releases. They really expanded the sound field compared to the others and it sounds more ethereal.

I actually am starting to think they mastered this version to be listened to with spatial audio on. Turning it off sounds completely different.

I’m not sure what to think yet.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

This!

I hear differences in every track vs non TV version

Pretty stunning listen experience
Stunning is right after a couple more listens. The only other recent pop release I listened to that highlights how much of a difference Atmos can make is the re-release of Lady Gaga's albums with Atmos. Those sound significantly different with spatial on, to the point where they also sound like completely different albums.

It's actually sort of refreshing to hear sound engineers creating a unique sound for the Atmos versions of albums. Many to this point still seemed to been mastered to mostly have the same overall sound. The bridge of Blank Space keep adding layers and layers of her voice from different positions in a way you probably couldn't do with stereo mixing. It's actually pretty cool. The more I listen to it the more I believe they primarily mastered it for spatial audio and then flattened it for non-spatial listeners.

Without spatial, it sounds like 1989 with a couple of tweaks. With spatial, it sounds like a how you'd hear beach pop in your dreams, if that even makes sense. I can totally see how a lot of people wouldn't like it, but I've always been bullish on spatial audio so I really like it.