Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Schremp Howard posted:

I usually listen to punk and hardcore, but GOD drat I cannot wait for the new Justin Timberlake album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_QZPcNoXGw

It sounds.............exactly like cry me a river :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Schremp Howard posted:

I don't see that as a problem :colbert:

But yeah I thought the same thing when I first listened.

And yet, I've been listening to it non stop all day. I think it's growing on me.... ._.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Kylie Minogue released her new song Skirt yesterday. It is pretty awesome, she's getting ready to snatch those weaves.

https://soundcloud.com/nomdestrip/skirt

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

I'm surprised people like Work Bitch so much. It's so generic sounding to me, and there's really no chorus or hook, it's just......talking and a random breakdown. I like Dark Horse, it's something that radio isn't doing much of these days which is refreshing.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Murder is my favorite so far. Such a fun song to jam too.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Britney teaching the lessers how to make a pop video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt8VYOfr8To

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Stalins Moustache posted:

That is a surprisingly good pop video, but that song is still horrible. I'm starting to think that song which she made for The Smurfs movie would actually be a far better choice for lead single :v:

Totally agreed. I hate the song. I hope the album is good, William Orbit has some tracks on it, I really like his touch on pop music.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

mogran posted:

I'm embarrassed about how long it took me to realize Miley was simply beginning the Be-Weirder-Than-Gaga-Or-Bust part of her career. I saw her on Fallon tonight and she was quite impressive. I think whoever she got to help her re-brand nailed it (particularly the album cover for some reason). As far as the game goes I think she's got more to offer than Gaga. If only because Miley didn't start out like Gaga did. With her album's worldwide success I say the switch from Disney sweetheart to whatever she is now was executed rather perfectly.

Ehhhhh......that's a bit of a stretch. Gaga is a better singer, dancer, songwriter, and musician. Bangerz is a pretty decent pop record, but it has a ton of filler. I love wrecking ball though.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Metal Loaf posted:

Going back to this for a moment, does anybody have any thoughts on the childish feud going on (or perhaps it's blown over; I haven't paid a lot of attention) between Miley Cyrus and Sinead O'Connor?

I was on Sinead's side until she kept going.....and going.....and going....

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

It's a pretty good album, i think it's a bit overrated (the hype really made people freak out) but it is still really solid. Pretty Hurts (and the great video) , Haunted (same-- awesome video) , Blow, Partition, rocket, xo and flawless are my favorites. Drunk in love irritates me, no angel has some elements i like but it doesnt do much for me, jealous is filler , mine is boring, superpower is meh. Heaven is good, but i usually skip it. Blue is a cute song but i usually skip it too.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

I think all of Lana's music sounds exactly the same. It's interesting the first time you hear it, but she doesn't seem versatile or interesting as an artist to me. Maybe I'm wrong, but from what I've heard everything is low moans and whispers. It got old quick, but I'd love to be wrong, maybe she will surprise me.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

My friend Rachel got a new track produced by Timbaland on this Pepsi Beats album that came out today. It's actually quite good, I'm not promoting her really, I'm just really impressed. It's a good track.

"Whoever We Are"

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/whoever-we-are-feat.-rachel/id873283028?i=873283374

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Ah cool, thanks!

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

I said come in! posted:

No, that's really her thing and I can understand that it's not going to appeal to everyone. It's especially true in her new album Ultraviolence. She has said in interviews her singing reflects her emotional state, so her songs are pretty personal pieces.

I understand that, but wouldn't......most musicians (real ones) say that and still do interesting things?

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Bad Blood is actually pretty catchy to me, and I absolutely HATE welcome to new york (im surprised it seems to be one of the more popular tracks here. It's awful)

I've never listened to Taylor Swift much, but this album is good. Style is indeed awesome.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

I agree with the length, it's REALLY long. I feel like the first half of the album is REALLY strong (except welcome to new york barf) and I lose interest around when Bad Blood ends and I usually just start over again (at Blank Space).

I also love Clean though. I think my other problem (which isnt really the albums fault) is that Taylor has hooked up with.......everyone in Hollywood and her songs get kinda silly. Almost every song is about a break up or falling in love with a different person, and it starts to get repetitive.

I dont mind it that much, some of these tracks are ridiculously catchy.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

I like the song, but Lorde is so awkward. Whenever she tries to dance, I get second hand embarrassment. I like her music sometimes, I can even appreciate her "different look", but she is so bad at performing.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

I'm liking it too, the song she samples for ice princess is called "in the air" by Morgan page, and I've liked that song for a long time so it was cool to hear it in a rap song.

She certainly exceeded my expectations, I think she's pretty talented. Now she needs to work on her ego......

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Spiteski posted:

Sia's just released a video (other than her own one) for Elastic Heart which has the same dancer from Chandelier and also has Shia LeBeouf

You can find it here

I loved Chandelier but this was hard to watch and not in a good way.

edit: I read the first comment on the page, and the interpretation actually makes me appreciate it more. Sorry for flip flopping but I didn't give it much of a chance.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

New adam lambert song out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toDqvHvTN7c

Max martin did a pretty good job, it's not amazing but I like the production. And his voice sounds great of course (especially towards the end)

edit: It sounds a lot better with headphones.

somnambulist fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Apr 22, 2015

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Yeah I think he's insanely talented vocally. I'm not a huge fan of all his stuff, but he has some great catchy songs sprinkled in there. The bass line in Shady is great, and he pulls that off really well.

I love how he belts out, he has great control of his voice. Songs like Whataya Want from Me are my favorite from him, but goddamn can the dude sing.

Listen to Underneath, I get chills.

somnambulist fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Apr 23, 2015

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

They went overboard on the robotic sound of Britney imo. The beat is cool and I like what they did for the cover, but I really don't like how processed her voice sounds.

What I like about guys like Daft Punk is that they do "robot" but it still sounds warm and purposeful. In this case, it sounds off putting and kind of bizarre.

The robotic thing doesn't really fit the theme of the song, so I'm not a huge fan.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

It's......bad. So. so. bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da1xoQFE7ts

Ugh. So disappointed.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

I'm not a mega-fan of hers, but she has an incredible list of achievements and tons of #1 singles/albums.

Hero is probably my favorite song she sings, followed by My All, I still believe, and honey.

This single won't be remembered in a week. The lyrics are as corny as Fritos.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

I just strongly dislike Iggy. It has nothing to do with cultural appropriation or any of that, she just doesn't sound very good in songs. She lacks the attitude and persona to really pull off some of the lines she's reading. She sounds the same in every song to me.

I liked Britney's verses, sounded very In the Zone to me. The chorus is kind of annoying. It's a good summer song, not great.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

PUGGERNAUT posted:

edit: the chorus sounds exactly like a Gwen Stefani song but I can't decide which one...

The song is basically Fancy and Hollaback Girl's baby.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

I literally have no idea what the storyline is in that bad blood video.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Yoshifan823 posted:

Taylor and Selena are awesome kung fu ladies, fighting and stealing whatever is in that suitcase, then Selena betrays Taylor and knocks her out a window. Taylor goes and gets fixed by whatever weirdass society she's a part of, finds a bunch of people and makes a team full of rear end-kicking ladies to fight Selena's team of rear end-kicking ladies. Also Lena Dunham is there as a mob boss or some poo poo.

Ah this makes sense. I didn't think of the middle as training exercises, I thought she was battling a bunch of random people. Now I get it.

The thing about Joseph kahn is that his style is too specific and since he's been doing the same thing since toxic, this video seems really dated to me, despite the "high tech" Look.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Geno posted:

Miley/Ariana cover "Don't Dream It's Over"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2ua3O_fdCY

This is adorable :3:

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

No one is talking about Adele's new song?

I like it, her voice sounds very clear and beautiful. It's not as catchy as some of her other singles but it's nice to see her back. I wonder how well it'll do on the radio, obviously it's going to sell very well.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Wheat Loaf posted:

I wonder whether the new Adele album will sell a million copies in week one? Taylor Swift is the only artist who can do that nowadays - Adele is the only other singer I think is big enough to potentially manage it.

Uh- her album goes on sale the week of Black Friday, she is going to obliterate records (I don't think she will match N syncs record though (isn't it like 2.3 million in one week?), but she will certainly beat Britney's record, I'm like 90% sure of this)

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Team Gaga anyone?

........guys?

(I wish she was still as popular, so much potential :( )

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Listening to the new Adele

Stand out tracks so far-

I Miss You- GODDAMN. That intro is everything.
When We Were Young - Amazing.
River Lea - seems like the albums "Set fire to the rain"

Edit: No but seriously. I Miss You is FANTASTIC. :sbahj: I hope its a single and we get an amazing video. Deserves an era.

somnambulist fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Nov 20, 2015

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

We don't really discuss sales in this thread, but it's a pretty huge occasion when Adele breaks N Syncs record of 2.3 million copies of an album sold in a week (US sales)

It's even crazier that she broke the record in THREE DAYS. In this day and age where sales are in the pits, she effortlessly annihilates the record. Good god.

Congrats.

As far as the album itself, I've been listening to it nonstop but it's not really grabbing me. Aside from hello, I miss you, and all I ask everything seems like filler to me. It has a very "this has been done before and better (by her even)" vibe to it.

It's not bad by any means, but I don't think it will leave a mark in pop history (aside from sales), the tracks are pretty forgettable.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Wheat Loaf posted:

It'll probably break the record for biggest second-week drop, too. :v:

(Who has that at the minute? I think for a number-one album it's either Lady Gaga with Born This Way or Madonna with MDNA in terms of percentage drop in sales, though in terms of chart position it's an Incubus album or something.)

I.....dunno honestly. She's going into Black Friday, everyone and their mom (quite literally) will be snagging the album. I wouldn't doubt for a second if she sells 1M+ second week.

The "record" for biggest second week drop is MDNA I believe.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

I think set fire to the rain is my favorite Adele song. It is so damned catchy and fun to belt out in the car when no one is looking :3:

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

https://twitter.com/alxxsx/status/696075091038334976

Pretty much this.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

New Britney song out--

Make Me

It's ok. It's better than Pretty Girls, but I was hoping for something more uptempo so that may be my fault for thinking it would be a club banger (thats what a lot of the people hyping it said it would be)

New Katy Perry song out-

Rise

It's basically Roar, but slower. I dig the production, and since it's the official Olympic song it's going to be played 84736363636 times.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

It's growing on me for sure, it was an unexpected sound for her lead single though. I think it paid off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

The instrumental is pretty drat good and it was wasted on a poo poo song. (I need to find just the instrumental somewhere)