Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
If she's bland, that's disappointing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Didn't see this mentioned. I'm not a comic reader so I have no idea if she's "right" for the part...

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-captain-america-sequel-has-found-its-female-le,91933/

Emily VanCamp is the new romantic interest for Captain America. This after considering Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones) and Alison Brie (of Alison Brie fame) among others. I haven't seen her in anything but Revenge, but it's my opinion that she is one of the most lifeless, bland, charisma-free actors I've ever seen. She's just there.

We could have had Alison Brie????

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

We could have had Alison Brie????

I'm just going to quote myself from earlier

Skwirl posted:

I think Marvel likes negotiating contracts through the rumor mill, so they leak a name in order to drive down the price of who they really want. Chris Hemsworth is playing hard ball, let him think they'll go with the dude from True Blood instead. Mostly I'm just pointing out the high proportion of false to true rumors when it comes to Marvel films.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Any story that involves considering Alison Brie and then passing on her is clearly just a tall tale.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
Presumably the role is for Sharon Carter who is a SHEILD agent in the comics, which is double bad because she's supposed to be sort of action-y. Hopefully the director and the fact it's a different order than being on a tv drama might get her to act/emote?

Emilia Clarke or Alison Brie would have been really fun though. :(

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Didn't see this mentioned. I'm not a comic reader so I have no idea if she's "right" for the part...

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-captain-america-sequel-has-found-its-female-le,91933/

Emily VanCamp is the new romantic interest for Captain America. This after considering Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones) and Alison Brie (of Alison Brie fame) among others. I haven't seen her in anything but Revenge, but it's my opinion that she is one of the most lifeless, bland, charisma-free actors I've ever seen. She's just there.

Well presumably they screen tested her along side Chris and it's perfectly possible that she had better chemistry with him which might be something the other two lacked. Also, it might well be a scheduling issue with Emilia, who I imagine is kept busier by Game of Thrones than Emily is by Revenge, and while I love Alison Brie she is very much untested in a role of this type.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Alison Brie is still available to play Jessica Drew.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Alison Brie was okay in Community I guess, but has she done something else to suggest that she'd make a good action heroine or is this just nerds liking to ogle her?

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?
The only dramatic work I've ever seen Alison Brie in is Mad Men, and she's the funniest character on the show that isn't Betty or Roger.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I actually see Alison way more as Wasp than any other hero.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

Alison Brie was okay in Community I guess, but has she done something else to suggest that she'd make a good action heroine or is this just nerds liking to ogle her?

No. It's just another Donald Glover as Spider-Man kind of thing. Though she was actually up for the part in question.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Deadpool posted:

No. It's just another Donald Glover as Spider-Man kind of thing. Though she was actually up for the part in question.

And a lot of people have also speculated her involvement in the Marvel Studios movies because the Russo Brothers (who have directed many episodes of Community) are directing Captain America 2.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

She's good in Mad Men (though a little big for that show, think Marie in Breaking Bad) but it's most likely the latter.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Emilia Clarke would have probably been the best of the three, but I think VanCamp is a solid choice. She comes across as flat on Revenge because that's the way her character is - very measured and with a practiced calm to hide her malevolent intentions. When the story calls for her to emote, she does it as well as most, so I don't think we're in for a January Jones situation. On top of that, she has had several action/fight scenes on Revenge, so it wouldn't surprise me to learn that was the deciding factor.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This basically makes the movie a Captain America/Batman crossover, right?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

What is this from I want to see it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It's from Photoshop.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Gatts posted:

What is this from I want to see it.

Just a Photoshop. I think it's from Reddit originally.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Fishylungs posted:

I, Frankenstein
September 13th, 2013

Frankenstein's monster, taking the name Adam Frankenstein, becomes involved in a war between two immortal clans.

Director: Stuart Beattie
  • Aaron Eckhart as Adam Frankenstein
  • Yvonne Strahovski as Terra
  • Aden Young as Dr. Victor Frankenstein
  • Deniz Akdeniz as Barachel
  • Virginie Le Brun as Elizabeth Frankenstein
  • Miranda Otto as Queen of the Gargoyles
    with
  • Bill Nighy

I can hardly wait :love:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

What monster is Bill Nighy playing now, I wonder? That guy is just great as monsters.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

The MSJ posted:

What monster is Bill Nighy playing now, I wonder? That guy is just great as monsters.

Bill Nighy plays the film's villain, whom he described as a "Nasty piece of work; one of the angels descended with Satan."

Everything about this sounds amazing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Alison Brie is still available to play Jessica Drew.

Seeing as her hero name is Spider-Woman I would bet that her rights are owned by Sony. So Brie can be Jessica Jones.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
So, Mandarin is the villian in IM3. They've been teasing this with the shadowy cabal behind the scenes of the first two, "The Ten Rings".

From this we can gather that Mandarin won't actually have ten magical rings. Which makes me sad, because that would be an amazing movie. It isn't even far-fetched, what with Loki and Thor running around.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
He should have 10 magical acrylic fingernails that are faaaabbuuulloouuussss and totally flash them jazz hands style.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Deep Winter posted:

So, Mandarin is the villian in IM3. They've been teasing this with the shadowy cabal behind the scenes of the first two, "The Ten Rings".

From this we can gather that Mandarin won't actually have ten magical rings. Which makes me sad, because that would be an amazing movie. It isn't even far-fetched, what with Loki and Thor running around.

He's wearing 10 rings in the trailer and in current continuity I believe the rings are closer to alien technology than magic, which was definitely opened up in Avengers, so who knows.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

feedmyleg posted:

He's wearing 10 rings in the trailer and in current continuity I believe the rings are closer to alien technology than magic, which was definitely opened up in Avengers, so who knows.

The rings have been alien technology since the character was introduced, which would serve as a lead-in to the space/Guardians of the Galaxy stuff.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The rings have been alien technology since the character was introduced, which would serve as a lead-in to the space/Guardians of the Galaxy stuff.

The end could be him going into space trying to find where it comes from and then meets a Raccoon that is voiced by H. Jon Benjamin

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

You know, if Shield(and, I guess, Coulson) had decided to cover her abs she might not be bleeding.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I mean, I hear what you're saying. But I cant help but feel her costume isn't sexy enough.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Noted lack of "boob window" noted.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

omg chael crash posted:

Noted lack of "boob window" noted.

Whew!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It's not a boob window... it's a hole. Will Captain America please fill that hole?

Aaron Eckhart as Frankenstein's Monster is an inspired bit of casting.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

omg chael crash posted:

You know, if Shield(and, I guess, Coulson) had decided to cover her abs she might not be bleeding.

If you covered her torso with black 'armor', just some drat black lycra, she would be as sexy and make ten times more sense.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Supreme Allah posted:

If you covered her torso with black 'armor', just some drat black lycra, she would be as sexy and make ten times more sense.

Judge Dredd was the movie we needed, but not the one we deserved right now, sadly.
No boobarmor whatsoever, reasonable armor all around despite having a female lead, and it tanked. :mad:

Bob Quixote
Jul 7, 2006

This post has been inspected and certified by the Dino-Sorcerer

Grimey Drawer

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Judge Dredd was the movie we needed, but not the one we deserved right now, sadly.
No boobarmor whatsoever, reasonable armor all around despite having a female lead, and it tanked. :mad:

That could also be because it occupied a weird place in terms of audience. It was rated R, so not something you take your preteen kids to (like all the kids I saw with their parents at the Avengers, some of whom were in costume) but at the same time its a comic book movie so you aren't going to draw in a huge chunk of the adult R action movie watching population.

tut
Nov 4, 2004

Big Phase 2/3 Avengers 2/3 rumor

Planet Hulk/World War Hulk

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

tut posted:

Big Phase 2/3 Avengers 2/3 rumor

Planet Hulk/World War Hulk
The rumour's not exactly from the most credible of outlets and the latter story would have to be changed to be basically unrecognisable to work as an Avengers movie.

I'm pretty sure Latino Review, judging from their track record, are pulling the common industry trick of presenting qualified guesswork and outdated news as 'inside scoops' and then riding high on the times they get it right.

In this case there's this from Kevin Feige from back in September:

MTV posted:

"I don't think there's a lot that we couldn't do someday, as the cinematic universe continues to grow and expand and get as big as the comic book universe," Marvel's Kevin Feige told me when I asked him if we'd ever see a movie based on "Planet Hulk," the Greg Pak-written epic that sees the Jade Giant as a rebel leader on an alien planet, "Gladiator" style.

"'Planet Hulk' is a cool story," he added. "'World War Hulk' is a cool story."
The bold part is how everyone else quoted the article, making it look like Feige was hinting at a Planet Hulk movie just like he did with Guardians before it was officially announced.

Another reason it sounds like bullshit is that the LR guy claims the Illuminati will be involved as in the original story when Marvel only have the rights to 2 of the 5 (or 3 of 6 if you count Cap). It reads like he just looked up a story synopsis of Planet Hulk.

Threep fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Feb 4, 2013

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
I could see them doing Planet Hulk as a solo Hulk movie (or just hinting at it in the next few non-Hulk movies) and then doing something that kinda resembles World War Hulk for another Avengers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I really do not want the Hulk as the second movie's antagonist.
A few more movies before superheros just forget about villains and just fight each other endlessly like in the comics would be nice.

• Locked thread