Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
It would make for a spectacularly nonsensical movie too, considering they're sort of set Banner up as not being as out-of-control as Hulk was in the comics when they decided to launch him into space. I mean it's feasible they work around it and just get him off-planet some other way, but then you can't really do World War Hulk because, why come back to harass Earth if it wasn't anyone's fault?

Also, last I heard they were going to do World War Hulk as an animated DTV movie, but I haven't heard anything on the Marvel DTV front in a long while.

Fishylungs fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Feb 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Fishylungs posted:

It would make for a spectacularly nonsensical movie too, considering they're sort of set Banner up as not being as out-of-control as Hulk was in the comics when they decided to launch him into space. I mean it's feasible they work around it and just get him off-planet some other way, but then you can't really do World War Hulk because, why come back to harass Earth if it wasn't anyone's fault?

Easy. Have the planet he lands on be one that humans somehow massively hosed over, have Banner empathize with them and be like "you know what gently caress Earth we're all a bunch of jackasses." Have him come around by the end of the movie and bam, status quo restored.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
As Loki proved in The Avengers, Banner can still lose control and become a threat. It's not too hard to imagine a scenario where he has another incident, this time causing a lot more damage and then everyone decides he's simply too dangerous to keep around.

Professor Dog
Jul 25, 2007
Speaking of the Illuminati, does Marvel Studios own the rights to the Inhumans?

Soulwrangler
May 15, 2005

But the kids love us.
Reading through this thread and all of the current Marvel Phase 2/3 news/rumors/ideas really, really, reaaaaaaally makes me wish Disney would've just played a little more hardball and got the Spider-Man and (at the very least) Fantastic Four rights back. I know Spider-Man is about impossible for the immediate future (outside of some apparent Who Framed Roger Rabbit type world blending shenanigans) but Fantastic Four should've been relatively easy and "low cost" to re-obtain. Getting Daredevil back under the Marvel banner is awesome and all but Fantastic Four and their space adventures is just a missed opportunity for Phase 2/3.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Professor Dog posted:

Speaking of the Illuminati, does Marvel Studios own the rights to the Inhumans?

It was in fact one of the comics they considered adapting, probably for a TV series.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I remember reading a few year back that Marvel Studios had reacquired the Punisher rights. Has there been any mention of Punisher getting a new film or being involved in the cinematic universe any time soon? I'd love a good Punisher movie.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Soulwrangler posted:

Reading through this thread and all of the current Marvel Phase 2/3 news/rumors/ideas really, really, reaaaaaaally makes me wish Disney would've just played a little more hardball and got the Spider-Man and (at the very least) Fantastic Four rights back. I know Spider-Man is about impossible for the immediate future (outside of some apparent Who Framed Roger Rabbit type world blending shenanigans) but Fantastic Four should've been relatively easy and "low cost" to re-obtain. Getting Daredevil back under the Marvel banner is awesome and all but Fantastic Four and their space adventures is just a missed opportunity for Phase 2/3.

It would be really hard for them to get those. After seeing how much money The Marvel movies made they would see potential cash with keeping the Fantastic Four. They also gave them back the animated rights to the characters they owned and that is something that Marvel/Disney also wanted.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Soulwrangler posted:

I don't want Spiderman because he'll literally just be the Wolverine of the Marvel franchises, shoehorned in everywhere.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Raffles posted:

I remember reading a few year back that Marvel Studios had reacquired the Punisher rights. Has there been any mention of Punisher getting a new film or being involved in the cinematic universe any time soon? I'd love a good Punisher movie.

You mean since Punisher Warzone which was done under Marvel's Marvel Knights banner?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Raffles posted:

I think there were some rumors that Marvel looked at the possibility of doing a TV version, but that's about it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fishylungs posted:

Also, last I heard they were going to do World War Hulk as an animated DTV movie, but I haven't heard anything on the Marvel DTV front in a long while.

Hulk's out of controlness fluctuates wildly anyway. I hadn't read Hulk in the lead up to them launching him into space for World War Hulk, but I don't think he was nearly as mindlessly destructive as he'd been even in the early years at the time. Plus World War Hulk is all about the decision to just launch the guy into space being both a huge dick move and justifiable with very little logical and moral mental gymnastics. Hulk wasn't even going to come back until outside fuckery made it look like Earth was responsible for all his happiness being ruined.

They did make the animated DTV movie a few years back though, so I'm pretty doubtful they do a live action version. Hulk movies don't seem to be blockbusters after all.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
This was posted over in the Movies that never were... thread but it's appropriate here too. Apparently, the script for Superman Lives that was done after Kevin Smith was fired was leaked. And it's so, so horrible.

The_Doctor posted:

io9 has more details about Superman Lives. Thank god we never had to see that.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Fishylungs posted:

They said they were doing Astonishing X-Men last and then nothing ever came from it. They did do Planet Hulk, setting up a World War Hulk thing, before that but then also nothing. Hopefully they just gave up because this is the one area where DC was just loving trouncing them. Not a single one of those Marvel DTV's was worth watching.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Threep posted:

The rumour's not exactly from the most credible of outlets and the latter story would have to be changed to be basically unrecognisable to work as an Avengers movie.

I'm pretty sure Latino Review, judging from their track record, are pulling the common industry trick of presenting qualified guesswork and outdated news as 'inside scoops' and then riding high on the times they get it right.

In this case there's this from Kevin Feige from back in September:

The bold part is how everyone else quoted the article, making it look like Feige was hinting at a Planet Hulk movie just like he did with Guardians before it was officially announced.

Another reason it sounds like bullshit is that the LR guy claims the Illuminati will be involved as in the original story when Marvel only have the rights to 2 of the 5 (or 3 of 6 if you count Cap). It reads like he just looked up a story synopsis of Planet Hulk.

Actually Latino Review has been very solid with Marvel news. They are the only site that reported early on Thanos being behind the goings on in Avengers and in the end credits. And they did it almost a year before the movie came out. But very few people actually paid attention to it. They also were the first to report that Marvel was going to do Guardians of the Galaxy. Their track record when it comes to Marvel is pretty good and much better than simple guesswork. It doesn't mean this is right, but it does mean that you should take it as more of a possibility than just some guy guessing what might come next.

X-O fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Feb 4, 2013

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

Deadpool posted:

Actually Latino Review has been very solid with Marvel news. They are the only site that reported early on Thanos being behind the goings on in Avengers and in the end credits. And they did it almost a year before the movie came out. But very few people actually paid attention to it. They also were the first to report that Marvel was going to do Guardians of the Galaxy. Their track record when it comes to Marvel is pretty good and much better than simple guesswork. It doesn't mean this is right, but it does mean that you should take it as more of a possibility than just some guy guessing what might come next.
I don't know about Thanos, but Latino Review revealed Guardians of the Galaxy in Jun 2012 and Kevin Feige started teasing it in 2010. It's one of the properties he mentioned in drat near every interview. Couple months before LR announced it, Feige said they were 'definitely going to do it'.

Their other solid news were similarly things you could've guessed, although not with certainty, from looking at interviews and the various post-credits teasers. I'm not sure they've ever gotten a casting spoiler right.

Threep fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Feb 4, 2013

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

Timby posted:

Avengers 2 is the last movie covered by his existing deal.

Pretty sure RDJ said that he would play Stark in literally anything Marvel put the character in.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

John Romero posted:

Pretty sure RDJ said that he would play Stark in literally anything Marvel put the character in.

For a lot of money though. Not for shits and giggles.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Thwomp posted:

This was posted over in the Movies that never were... thread but it's appropriate here too. Apparently, the script for Superman Lives that was done after Kevin Smith was fired was leaked. And it's so, so horrible.
This is more glorious than I ever imagined.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Thwomp posted:

I read a few pages of the script - it really is awful all the way through. It's been a while since I read Kevin Smith's treatment, but that one at least wasn't cringe inducing page after page.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

roffels posted:

I read a few pages of the script - it really is awful all the way through. It's been a while since I read Kevin Smith's treatment, but that one at least wasn't cringe inducing page after page.

Is Kevin Smith's treatment online somewhere? I know I read the J.J. Abrams treatment once, and while it wasn't great, it could have been with a couple of rewrites. (Luthor being an alien was dumb, but he said in his second draft he had Luthor be a human who found alien technology and used it against Superman.) Other than a few problems, I liked it.

I'd be curious to read Kevin Smith's, after hearing him talk about it so much.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

Is Kevin Smith's treatment online somewhere? I know I read the J.J. Abrams treatment once, and while it wasn't great, it could have been with a couple of rewrites. (Luthor being an alien was dumb, but he said in his second draft he had Luthor be a human who found alien technology and used it against Superman.) Other than a few problems, I liked it.

Its online and its godawful. It does actually include the polar bear fight smith talks about in his story.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I definitely remember reading an illustrated version of Smith's script online years ago, but I can't find it again. I know the actual script is available online though.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

thrawn527 posted:

http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/superman-lives-script.html

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Burt Macklin, FBI has a new top secret mission.

(I am going to be in line for this movie on day loving one)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Yoshifan823 posted:

Lets not forget that its a mission were his partner is a talking raccoon

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

bobkatt013 posted:

Lets not forget that its a mission were his partner is a talking raccoon

That's just Aziz

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Aatrek posted:

That's just Aziz

Aziz could easily play a talking raccoon well.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Yoshifan823 posted:

Chris Pratt is the best and this is awesome news. If the longshot rumor of H Jon Benjamin doing that raccoon's voice is true too then I'll be there day one.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

LesterGroans posted:

Chris Pratt is the best and this is awesome news. If the longshot rumor of H Jon Benjamin doing that raccoon's voice is true too then I'll be there day one.

And The Rock being Drax.

I love the fact Christ Pratt got Star Lord, it fits him perfectly as long as he loses some weight.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I think the Rock was confirmed to be out for Drax.

Comedy option we get Batista.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

GonSmithe posted:

And The Rock being Drax.

I love the fact Christ Pratt got Star Lord, it fits him perfectly as long as he loses some weight.

He got swole for zero dark thirty, it'll work.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Javid posted:

He got swole for zero dark thirty, it'll work.

He needs to lift some stuff with his face. I'm saying he's got a really fat, jowly face, even in that movie. Fatty Fat Face Starlord.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

GonSmithe posted:

And The Rock being Drax.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Yeah, sorry, I meant in his face. He really was swole as all hell for Zero Dark Thirty, but he still has that chubbiness in his cheeks. I mean honestly if he stays swole but doesn't lose the weight in his face it's not like I'm going to complain.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

GonSmithe posted:

Yeah, sorry, I meant in his face. He really was swole as all hell for Zero Dark Thirty, but he still has that chubbiness in his cheeks. I mean honestly if he stays swole but doesn't lose the weight in his face it's not like I'm going to complain.

He didn't, right after filming ZDT he had to put on about 60 lbs for another role.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

He didn't, right after filming ZDT he had to put on about 60 lbs for another role.

Yeah, on the last Parks and Rec he was looking bigger than ever. I wouldn't be surprised if he put on more than 60.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
James Gunn directing? Starring Chris Pratt and Jon Benjamin? Are they finally releasing a genuine comic book comedy??

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
There is basically no way he will be anything but awesome, even if he puffed up to the girth of Chris Farley, so who cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Pratt is going for 300lbs right now.

This is a marvel film though, they have trainers that are going to get him in absurd shape. He'll be the next Chris Evans.

• Locked thread