Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Levantine posted:

Is it me or does his head look too large for the armor?

In some behind the scenes thing, they talk about how the CGI Iron Man's waist and head are too small to be a real person, because if they made it realistic proportions it just looked too bulky.

Also:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

wyoming posted:

In some behind the scenes thing, they talk about how the CGI Iron Man's waist and head are too small to be a real person, because if they made it realistic proportions it just looked too bulky.

Also:

This makes me want to see what Iron Man looks like without CGI. Just an hour and a half of RDJ running around pointing his open palm at things.

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

User-Friendly posted:

This makes me want to see what Iron Man looks like without CGI. Just an hour and a half of RDJ running around pointing his open palm at things.

Fox learned the wrong lessons from Origins: Wolverine, 'theatrical cut sans effects' would be the best special feature ever.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Jesus Christ, there are other loving midgets out there Hollywood!

But... Peter Dinklage is loving awesome. I see no problem here whatsoever.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

SnakesRevenge posted:

Fox learned the wrong lessons from Origins: Wolverine, 'theatrical cut sans effects' would be the best special feature ever.

I would legitimately love this feature on all movies. Like even just a 30 minute clip with no effects at all with all the markers/stripped down costumes etc. Kinda would make you appreciate everything else, or if not at leas the pure acting ability.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

There are a fair number of effects heavy movies have small snippets like that where the build the scene from raw footage to stand in effects to the final product.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Rhyno posted:

"Iron Patriot" is a really stupid name. It's not possible to top WAR MACHINE.

In the comics it makes sense at least as its Norman Osbournes utterly cynical attempt at superheroing, which makes me wonder where its going in IM3.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

massive spider posted:

In the comics it makes sense at least as its Norman Osbourne's utterly cynical attempt at superheroing, which makes me wonder where its going in IM3.

The US military's shameless propaganda?

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Maxwell Lord posted:

But... Peter Dinklage is loving awesome. I see no problem here whatsoever.

I actually hope they don't cast him as puck. If people can say a black spiderman would work, why can't he play any role? Have him play a character and never even make it a point that he is a dwarf. The man is a great actor and should not only be given parts that are for dwarfs. Make him the main villain. In a world where people can shoot lasers out of their face, physical size would not be a that important to establish he is a threat.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Is the Iron Patriot thing from the comics? I actually like the name over War Machine because it actually seems like a euphenism the military would use, like "Operation Iraqi Freedom."

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Is the Iron Patriot thing from the comics? I actually like the name over War Machine because it actually seems like a euphenism the military would use, like "Operation Iraqi Freedom."

Yes he is from the comics. When Norman Osborn became the director of SHIELD due to Secret Invasion he decided to create his own Avengers. He was Iron Patriot, (a mix of Iron Man and Cap and wearing Iron Man armor, Spider-man (Scorpion Venom), Hawkeye (Bullseye) Ms Marvel (Moonstone), and Wolverine (Wolverine's son, don't ask)

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Wolverine's son is like the least surprising character ever, of course he'd have a kid he doesn't want anything to do with.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

bobkatt013 posted:

Yes he is from the comics. When Norman Osborn became the director of SHIELD due to Secret Invasion he decided to create his own Avengers. He was Iron Patriot, (a mix of Iron Man and Cap and wearing Iron Man armor, Spider-man (Scorpion Venom), Hawkeye (Bullseye) Ms Marvel (Moonstone), and Wolverine (Wolverine's son, don't ask)

This. It was pretty nifty and entertaining. That's a heavy hitting team.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Gatts posted:

Er, so who was powerful enough to be "Sentry"?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mechafunkzilla posted:

The Void

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Mechafunkzilla posted:

He was essentially controlled and in check for the most part by Norman but always on the verge of losing it until the climax when he when something like a third form final fantasy end boss.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Heh. Makes sense.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The funny thing about Peter Dinklage is that he's typecast as the guy who's cranky about the ways dwarfs are typecasted.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Supercar Gautier posted:

The funny thing about Peter Dinklage is that he's typecast as the guy who's cranky about the ways dwarfs are typecasted.

Well, it was his first role:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4je71Tz_9IE

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
It's a small thing, but I love Peter Dinklage because he seems like he's the best celebrity dog owner solely by the virtue of the fact that there are a ton of pictures of him walking it and it's a no-bullshit breed instead of a showy purebred.

Good dog, good dog owner :3:

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

...of SCIENCE! posted:

It's a small thing,

:razz:

Ryan Gosling seems like a cool dog owner too, he carries it everywhere.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
So hey, to all of you (okay just Rhyno) freaking out about the fact that that article said that Dinklage is playing Puck, looks like they were wrong, and just assumed.

Variety is reporting that he is going to play the film's main antagonist.

gently caress yes.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
He's going to be Apocalypse isn't he.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?
Oh my god, there is nothing about Peter Dinklage being the antagonist in an X-Men move that doesn't sound awesome.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Liar Lyre posted:

There are a fair number of effects heavy movies have small snippets like that where the build the scene from raw footage to stand in effects to the final product.

There's a feature-length documentary, like nearly an hour and a half long, on the Star Wars: Episode III DVD about how much work went into a 60-second sequence during the climactic lightsaber battle. It's pretty awesome.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
Yea! Dinklage is a great actor so there's no way he'll do bad no matter who they cast.

My crazy theory: Mojo!

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Days of Future Past didn't really have a main villain, but I guess closest would be Nimrod.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

jscolon2.0 posted:

Days of Future Past didn't really have a main villain, but I guess closest would be Nimrod.

So he's the most advanced Sentinel (Mutant Terminator) ever created.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

GonSmithe posted:

So hey, to all of you (okay just Rhyno) freaking out about the fact that that article said that Dinklage is playing Puck, looks like they were wrong, and just assumed.

Variety is reporting that he is going to play the film's main antagonist.

gently caress yes.

Can he play Modok? That would be cool.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

A human heart posted:

Can he play Modok? That would be cool.

No, MODOK still has his rights with Marvel. MODOKs are never primarily X-men characters.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The MSJ posted:

No, MODOK still has his rights with Marvel. MODOKs are never primarily X-men characters.

Also AIM is going to be in Iron Man 3

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider
One of the cool things about Find Me Guilty was that Dinklage was Diesel's lawyer and apart from having a dude silently put a lectern up so that, presumably, Dinklage could look at the jury at eye level the fact that he's a dwarf is never mentioned even when the prosecutor if flipping his poo poo that all the mobsters are going to get off. It's based on a real story so I don't know if that guy was really a dwarf or if they just loved Dinklage and were like 'gently caress it it's my movie.'

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Dinklage could also be voicing a predominantly CG character.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
When I first read about Dinklage being cast I instantly thought 'Arcade', no idea why. He doesn't fit into Days of Future Past at all though, so now I'm left wondering if Dinklage will be Gambit?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

January Jones was hands-down the worst part of First Class so I can only hope that Dinklage will be picking up the role of Emma Frost.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

My favorite pet theory is Mr. Sinister, which I feel like Dinklage could knock out of the goddamn park.

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

His record...it's over 9-7!!!

Gatts posted:

I love this because everyone is pretending to be someone else, except Ares. Thor? Bah, I'm Ares :black101:

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

well why not posted:

Dinklage could also be voicing a predominantly CG character.

Aww yeh

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

enigma105 posted:

I love this because everyone is pretending to be someone else, except Ares. Thor? Bah, I'm Ares :black101:

Ares in the Marvel Universe is incredible. He is even better when he is dealing with his brother Hercules.

If only they would make an Incredible Hercules movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It's kind of funny how the character progressed from the start. The Hood had a different theme to him compared to what Bendis turned him into and Ares' first story was about a Father and his Son and Ares making a life in the modern world. On the other hand I think Greg Pak is fantastic (I do believe that's his characterization in those panels).

• Locked thread