Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«336 »
fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

The flashback is 10 years ago from whatever the current date is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varinn
May 3, 2005

cropoval posted:

Is...is the giant bird thing on the chapter cover Ed's mom?

Perhaps more likely it's a spirit she works with, but I'm not liking how this looks.

The thing coming out of the sand? That's gotta be boss leader's spirit, the thing responsible for the dream-headquarters. its shaped more like a moon, to me, and itd make sense if it just lives in the middle of the whole thing

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK
AND TWICE AS TALL

fractalairduct posted:

The flashback is 10 years ago from whatever the current date is.
Considering that everyone still has flip phones, and the alternative is "Simpsons time", I think the normal comic being set in 2011 (and thus, this being in 2001) makes the most sense.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

small correction: Phones are a mix of flip and smart https://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-119

Actually I think Max, Isabel & Ed might be the only flip phones (well not a flip phone in Ed's case but--) in the comic? Johnny's pals also have smartphones. Guess it makes sense those 3 would be behind the times, feel like isabel's grandpa and max's dad would be very "your phone's good enough"

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
too short to worry
She said life's
too long to wait
It's too short not
to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

rannum posted:

small correction: Phones are a mix of flip and smart https://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-119

Actually I think Max, Isabel & Ed might be the only flip phones (well not a flip phone in Ed's case but--) in the comic? Johnny's pals also have smartphones. Guess it makes sense those 3 would be behind the times, feel like isabel's grandpa and max's dad would be very "your phone's good enough"

The actual reason, that their phones are dated by the order in which they were introduced and shown using a phone in this decade old comic, is very funny.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

rannum posted:

The very next page has a Suzy/Dmitri moment. Suzy is wearing frosty pink sunglasses.

Where else in the comic have we seen "frosty pink"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

The very next page has a Suzy/Dmitri moment. Suzy is wearing frosty pink sunglasses.

Where else in the comic have we seen "frosty pink"?

Imagine Suzy with the power of erasing

«336 »