Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Beef wine is just au jus from Arby's mixed with Everclear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Who What Now posted:

Beef wine is just au jus from Arby's mixed with Everclear.

Now that, I could get behind.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
He's not an actual bigfoot. :(

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
It's literally beef wine though

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
HE'S NOT A BIGFOOT. I FEEL SO LET DOWN.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

That Bigfoot is wearing a very good human suit!

New page, by the way.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I feel betrayed as I never have before.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Oh no. He's Handsome!

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

He's not even unnaturally pale so he's probably not a vampire

bigfoot you are the worst

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Who says vampires can't be black?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Yeah, haven’t you watched Blade?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

legitimately, i think if he was a pale vampire poc he'd be more, i dunno, gray-adjacent? With mad whitey Dave is like someone colored him in with White fill, the vampire trio are only a little darker but still noticeably paler (almost kind of luminescent) than Max or Spender.

So if he was like, I dunno, around Isabel or Ritz or Dimitri colors as a base line he'd still be noticably in that color spectrum but still noticably paler & maybe a little glowy. I dunno what color(s) that'd land on though

rannum fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Mar 6, 2020

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I still love the absurdity of a guy who works in-costume for his radio show.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I just hope he has peggy hill sized feet

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I also wasn't sure what to expect from Beef Wine. I wasn't even expecting to see it at all. It could have remained some odd piece of background fluff used as a metaphor. But now that I know it's just wine soaked in bones and probably gristle...:barf:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

I was okay with him being insufferable when he was just a talking gorilla for no reason and people in this town don't seem to really mind or care? but now that I know he's just some dude he's just insufferable.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
maybe he's a bigfoot inside a human suit inside a gorilla suit

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that's not Dr bigfoot. thats another person. Mothman is cheating again. The bastard

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I like professor bigfoot

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

Safari Disco Lion posted:

I was okay with him being insufferable when he was just a talking gorilla for no reason and people in this town don't seem to really mind or care? but now that I know he's just some dude he's just insufferable.

He's the Loch Ness monster

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

It turns out Professor Bigfoot is actually a wolfman.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I have no illusions or demands for speedy updates and they should take as long as they need, but the guest comic to hold over for delays also getting delayed is really, really funny to me

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Paranatural is dead. Long live Paranatural.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Maduo posted:

I have no illusions or demands for speedy updates and they should take as long as they need, but the guest comic to hold over for delays also getting delayed is really, really funny to me

Yeah like. The injury delays I'm absolutely sympathetic to, work at a pace that doesn't destroy you. But like I think someone should tell Zack that most webcomics people get guest comics well ahead of time and sit on them to throw out when needed.

Might be harder considering how often Paranatural gets delayed but I still think it wouldn't hurt for them to talk to Gunnerkrigg Tom or somebody else with machinelike organisation for some tips.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Guest Comic update! https://www.paranatural.net/comic/guest-comic-by-taylor-c. Chapter 7 starts on April 3rd.

Alt Text: My nostrils are not true holes, but both of my eyes- wait, where are you going?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I love that Professor B is wearing glasses over the mask, over his actual glasses.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

hoo boy

alt text/chapter description: Mr. Spender reflects on his own past and its intersection with the three remaining veteran members of the Activity Club.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

We don't even get an actual page? :saddowns:

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I'm hype

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I for one am excited to finally explore questions we've been building up for... eight years jesus christ

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

can't wait 2 see the chupacabra pontifect on life for eighteen months

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I can't wait for the most Stephen King arc of the series.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

These title pages always hint at stuff in the upcoming chapter. Let's see what's on display here:

• What looks like King Catnine breathing lightning (We'll probably find out how Isaac got possessed)
  • Full moon (Mr. Garcia)
  • A rainstorm on the lake in the middle of Mayview (Probably going to find out info about Spender's past, and Lucifer "pulling him out of the lake")
  • The forest and the spectral shield dividing inside Mayview and outside Mayview (which was the driving plot point of Chapter 4, getting Agent Day and Forge through that shield)
  • Spooky clock hands, kinda gothic in style (Makes me think of Davy, really)
  • Two silhouettes looking up at a starry night, and what looks like fireflies of some kind
  • A crack in the orb pouring out sand (Hourglass? Time?)
  • Another crack pouring out purple blood/ichor/substance
  • The dream consortium
    • A large creature wrapped in a cloak standing in a pool of sand (taking a wild guess and going to say that this is Boss Leader's spirit -- the part of it we can see is moon-shaped, and it's wrapped in what looks like a sleeping quilt or something similar, fitting the motif of the Consortium)
    • Three silhouettes, one of them floating (almost certainly Boss Leader)
    • A key gate on display (Last time we saw Boss Leader, she was standing in front of a large monstrous door, and we know that Spender not letting anyone into his Consortium room is a big part of why no one trusts him)

Further, the whole thing is split into three parts, so we'll like have three concurrent plotlines for this chapter.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Oh, wait, duh

SKULL.GIF posted:

Further, the whole thing is split into three parts, so we'll like have three concurrent plotlines for this chapter.

fractalairduct posted:

alt text/chapter description: Mr. Spender reflects on his own past and its intersection with the three remaining veteran members of the Activity Club.

So one for Isaac (right), one for Ed (left -- and I bet the two non-Boss-Leader silhouettes are the Drs. Burger), one for Isabel (bottom).

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

veteran members means that they're no longer in the activity club. the chapter is going to be about spender's contemporaries.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
It could mean Isabel, Isaac, and Ed, since they're veteran in that Max is the new kid, and remaining in that Dimitri left.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The chapter begins!

Alt-text: I'm also scared of her.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Why is he wearing sunglasses in bed?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

Why is he wearing sunglasses in bed?

He genuinely can't take them off - Lucifer is bound to them, and Lucifer is keeping the dark spirit inside Spender contained.

Luckily Spender is enough of a cool cat and everyone knows it that he can totally get away with wearing sunglasses 24/7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Tenebrais posted:

He genuinely can't take them off - Lucifer is bound to them, and Lucifer is keeping the dark spirit inside Spender contained.

Luckily Spender is enough of a cool cat and everyone knows it that he can totally get away with wearing sunglasses 24/7.

that's his convenient excuse you know he would do it anyway