Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

White spectral energy, eh.

So Rick and Max are both holding plot-relevant spirits with black energy, and this is the first white energy spirit/wight we've seen.

B.L. and Penny both have white energy, and the latter was warned to not reveal she has that.

The Witch came up, and her desire for abilities as well. Last time we heard about her was Davy mentioning offhand how bothersome it would be if she got Hijack's power.

Going off a couple pages ago I'm guessing that this wight has Compulsion as a power (Lookatme), and Mina's research into the wight led her to learn how to create spirits that can control some facet: Hijack, Hotwire, the emotion millipede.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
If nobody else mentions it. Agent Walker putting barriers around his head and fists to go toe-to-toe with this monstrosity is great.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Cat Mattress posted:

While it has come to meant undead in pop culture since Tolkien, originally the word simply meant basically "person, being, thing". Which makes the whole exchange funny: "what is that thing?" "it is a thing, so now you know"

you will never convince me Zack did not do this intentionally

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Brought To You By posted:

If nobody else mentions it. Agent Walker putting barriers around his head and fists to go toe-to-toe with this monstrosity is great.

Walker: I’m an open book, I let everyone in, unlike you and all yer dark secrets in Mayview

Also Walker: has barrier creating powers that he used on Mayview

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

B.L. you look kinda cool!

Anyone else reminded of the video game dogcats?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Fecha posted:

Walker: I’m an open book, I let everyone in, unlike you and all yer dark secrets in Mayview

Also Walker: has barrier creating powers that he used on Mayview
Agent Walker is a man not without his depths.

SKULL.GIF posted:

B.L. you look kinda cool!

Anyone else reminded of the video game dogcats?
It is also known that the Walker Style is derived from the Joestar secret family techniques.
B.L. is a full on eldritch horror if we didn't already know

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I really appreciate the dynamism in Zack's poses. They clearly have a lot of fun with action scenes.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I feel like the implication here might be that white spectral energy can split into any color of spectral energy, from boss leaders' wings

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

flatluigi posted:

I feel like the implication here might be that white spectral energy can split into any color of spectral energy, from boss leaders' wings

That would make sense, and it is every color

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

BL's arms looking a bit chitinous, seem to be developing spikes...

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Would that mean that the fairly common black spectral energy is a lack of any other color?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

It could also have something to do with Boss Leader being connected to agents along the entire color spectrum via the shared dream?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
:hmmyes:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The first time we saw the dream world, it looked like a croissant-style cone almost. Cone/funnels are also a type of web woven by some kinds of spiders.

Spider silk is gossamer and ethereal... dream-like. They also can create rainbows if the light hits them correctly.

B.L. also summons a spider to mock Rick: https://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-4-page-20 And, presuming Pajama Spider is B.L., she, after saving Max, appears immediately in Max's dream while he's unconscious.

In my book that's as good as confirmed. Boss Leader is a rainbow spider and the dream world is her woven nest.

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Aug 1, 2020

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

neogeo0823 posted:

Would that mean that the fairly common black spectral energy is a lack of any other color?
As a lay person, Max's spectral energy is actually a very, very, very, very, very, very dark blue.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

neogeo0823 posted:

This would also follow logically

It would also explain why you can sort of use tools that aren't quite your color; those colors still have a little bit of your color in them.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Chapter 7 Page 14

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

boss leader you can't solve every problem by banishing it from the mindscape!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Boss Leader needs to ditch the onesie.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Brought To You By posted:

Boss Leader needs to ditch the onesie.

when u respawn deleveled and can't equip your rare drop lvl 99 trenchcoat suitsie anymore

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

when u respawn deleveled and can't equip your rare drop lvl 99 trenchcoat suitsie anymore

"rare drop" for something your character wears as a joke. Only Agent Walker pulls off the suitsie and that's because his sweet mustache can sell me on anything he'd wear.
I saw the alt-text but man is the difference night and day when it's gone.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
"Young" Agent Walker is incredible, and I think at least part of that is because he looks like protagonist of Disco Elysium, only happy.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

BL's power is so strong and kind of terrifying that it's almost certainly intentional that she keeps the whole thing super goofy and hard to take seriously. Better to let people think its a joke than be legitimately scared.

also you get to do the thing where you get to switch from that to being intimidating whenever you want for extra effect, which seems like the sort of thing she'd love to do

cell
Nov 25, 2003

The more Johnny the better.
New page!

I guess we have a hint about where Richard Darkstorme Spender learned his circuitous teaching style.

edit: courtesy reference comic link

cell fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Aug 14, 2020

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

if i focus hard enough maybe i can make the alt-text canon before next comic

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Oh, ok. We're going to actually explain what a Wight is RIGHT NOW instead of jumping out of this flashback into the present to get to another flashback from Mina's perspective? Perfect, now Boss Leader can do her best Inception reenactment.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/1297078387362500608?s=20

oof

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
At this point it might be better to just post whatever they can get done on the first of every month. Sometimes it'll be 4 pages, sometimes it'll be 1.

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Aug 23, 2020

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Who What Now posted:

At this point it might be better to just post whatever they can get done on the first of every month. Sometimes it'll be 4 pages, sometimes it'll be 1.

didn't you used to argue against people hemming and hawwing over update schedules

have you become what you fought against for so long

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
You're right. They shouldn't have an update schedule at all. Just post whenever, like Rich Burlew.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
And we can all have fun saying "I sure hope Zack is ok!" and argue about what alignment everyone would be and when Belkar Isaac will die.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Who What Now posted:

You're right. They shouldn't have an update schedule at all. Just post whenever
This, but unironically.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I wasn't being ironic. That was sincere

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Who What Now posted:

And we can all have fun saying "I sure hope Zack is ok!" and argue about what alignment everyone would be and when Belkar Isaac will die.

Too soon.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Is there a high tier pre-order bonus on CyberPunk 2077 to get you a pair of sweet robo arms and can we crowdfund those for Zack so they can just think with their hand on their chin Phoenix Wright style while their second pair of arms draws the comic I, Robot style?

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
hey everyone just here for the semiweekly hand wringing welp see ya later :tipshat:

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
Spender is LG veering close to LN, Isaac is True Neutral less out of actual neutrality and more out of having both strong lawful and chaotic tendencies. Izzy is a solid Chaotic Good, Ed is Chaotic Neutral, Johnny and friends reject the labels of society and are all Double Chaotic.

Suzy is Chaotic Evil

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I think I could argue with all of those statements...

Alopex posted:

Johnny and friends reject the labels of society and are all Double Chaotic
Except this one. This one's good. :hmmyes:

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Most of the cast are DnD players who are in denial that they're in a Call of Cthulhu campaign.

Spender is the rules lawyer whose efforts to outsmart the DM will ruin the entire campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

No, Spender is the guy who keeps acting like he’s still the protagonist despite his narrative arc being finished, and the literal generation-long time skip specifically done because his character got too OP.

Edit: Paranatural sometimes really does feel like “a time skip done right” despite not actually being a time skip from anything. There is an alternate universe where Richard Spender is as household a webcomics name as Black Mage or Dr. McNinja, and Paranatural is a spin-off series so Zach could write about some of their other characters for a change.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Aug 23, 2020