Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
For those who don't want to have to dig through twitter:

http://twitpic.com/a8w057
http://twitpic.com/aecrmn
http://twitpic.com/boo7qj
http://twitpic.com/bwz224

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Meowjesty posted:

I am intensely hyped for this chapter. That title page is pretty great.

Also,
:holy:

I wonder if that means he'll go back over the first few uncolored/inked pages?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
You could probably just ask him on twitter or in the comments or something, he's always been really willing to answer questions about the comic.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Your answer is in the post you just quoted and responded to.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Darth Windu posted:

I'm just giving my opinion. I can't actually stand to read any of the comics posted in that thread, so I do not frequent it. They cause me physical pain. And before you ask, yes, having such high standards is a both a gift and a curse.

Jesus christ dude did you really type this out and think anyone wouldn't want to punch you in the face?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Penguingo posted:

Can't read that last panel. Looks like "What... estrus, whenever!?" which can't be right.

Why is that word even in your vocabulary.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Is there anything else yet that can be translated with the same method?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Len posted:

It feels like the word "anime" gets used to describe things in this thread more than it actually does. Y'all need new words.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Important: https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/450159715050606592/photo/1

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Look at the shadow changing

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I've been laughing at this update for legitimately five minutes now holy poo poo

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Max's dad is Dan Ryckert?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
The Big Guy is Ryback, though

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
From twitter:

And, as a bonus:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'm amused to see people hating on ms paint adventures in this thread, given that paradox space is currently 42 pages into zack morrison's comic about it http://paradoxspace.com/summerteen-romance

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Tollymain posted:

reasonably sure nobody in this thread actually hates mspa :v:

nah people get weird about it

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
People whose deals I want to know:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'm still constantly impressed by how much the art in this comic has developed since the beginning. Kinda makes me wish he'd fall into the trap that so many other webcomic people do and redo the first chapter or two a bit

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Brannock posted:

That explains the chapter's cover page, then.

did you forget about the puppet spirit controlling jeff

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Jazu posted:

I am too aware of fangirls now, so I somehow perceive gayness in nerdy/internetty enough things as inherently fanfiction. Like, anything gay on the internet doesn't count to me, because everything was always gay on the internet.

What does this post even mean

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
He's insinuating that her focus on journalism is a bad career path given how awful the paper looks and is suggesting she maybe find a rich dude to marry instead

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
He only uploaded the inks because he didn't have the time to do anything else and didn't want to post absolutely nothing.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
So that's what Isaac's been doing.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
The nice thing is that both those quotes are actually accurate

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
The fun thing about webcomics is that when you think "man this would be a lot better to read in one go instead of reading serially" is you can just shelve it for a while and it'll catch up to your expectation eventually

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Jeff's full name is Jeffavorite Flavors.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Exit Strategy posted:

Howard Tayler is always my response to this kind of thing. I know that Howard is only doing single strips six days a week with a full-page spread every Sunday, but the man has managed to - within the lifetime of his comic, mind - attend cons around the country, hold down two full-time jobs at large companies, get married, have and raise several children, and transition to the magic of self-employment. All of that without missing a single day of updates, even counting technological issues.

I had a hunch and yeah it's fairly obvious how that dude can fit writing the comic into his schedule

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-77-78

That is an extremely worrying snap.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Somehow I think Lisa being that close to and physically touching Hijack might not be the best idea

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I think the healthiest thing to do would be to go on hiatus when this chapter's over and build a big buffer.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Cubone posted:

I haven't played ghost game but this seems like a pretty good own. Could've just left the derail here imho.

If you had played the game you'd realize that that own was as nonsensical as his opinion

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

I wouldn't phrase it like that, but yeah that's something I'm honestly surprised it took him until now to do

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Oh, right.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I don't get patreons but good for Zack. Also I'm glad this whole patreons thing didn't start while poo poo like CAD or Dominic Deegan were around.

EDIT: Jesus, questionablecontent's patreon makes almost 8k/month :eyepop:

There's not really much to get for patreons, it's a way for people to support creators they like in an appreciable and straightforward way, plus methods for said creators to then kickback to those supportive fans with exclusive content. It fills a niche that's badly needed filling for a long-rear end time now and it's a very good idea.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I have a feeling we're going to be transitioning into a flashback with that last panel and that's what's going to be the bar scene in the chapter header.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/714915492046180352

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Probably Magic posted:

I was gonna say he could've been more subtle, but then I read this thread.

I was actually coming here to say that that panel was super on the nose in a kind of awkward way but yes this exactly

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

I've always wondered if anyone's tried to cover that live but never enough to go look

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

The pacing is bad, and that's okay as long as Zack learns from it. Also this thread gets weirdly defensive about constructive criticism even though we're all coming from a place of love. :colbert:

People generally are only getting defensive about it because it's been a recurrent complaint every few pages of this thread, justified or not

it's less of a "how dare you" and more of a "god can we not start talking about that AGAIN," you know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Zach fairly obviously likes to make updates with funny character moments or neat art/setpieces even if it doesn't advance much! I think that's a pretty okay thing to do!

blastron posted:

Sure, the fly arc was whimsical and fun, but was it necessary? What did it add to the story?

It added the question of what's up with the fly, which is intentionally supposed to be a weird/mysterious thing as mentioned by Zach on twitter when poked about it. It's currently unresolved, but is a setup for something in the far future. Compare with the really odd dog at the start of the chapter which on first blush just seemed to be some silly/dumb thing but turned out to be the first sign of the antagonist of the chapter so far.