Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Johnny has such the best lines. :allears:

Read this thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I guess we're one step closer to learning the reason why this town has so much supernatural stuff going on.

I'm eager to read more of Possessed!Max's disdainful dialogue in future.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Okay, yeah, that changes the reading of the sentence completely. Nice.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh definitely. That's some emotive crotchwing flaps, besides again Zack showing nice attention to detail.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

To be fair, I'd have a hard time remembering the inputs for the Supreme Universe Beam, too.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Fecha posted:

That is indeed a door. I will be disappointed if it doesn't fart when opened.

"What if someone manages to open it without using the handle? Where's your fart joke now, Guts Glory?"

Also is that a pug in suitjamas.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Splicer posted:

So I was rereading the early comics and noticed something:

http://paranatural.net/chapter-1-page-10/

Bottom-middle panel. Look who it is!

He's pretty quiet there, so he obviously doesn't feel threatened. This means he's a good judge of character I think!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Max's faces never fail to impress.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Students and teachers constantly attempt to one-up each other, teachers clearly have the advantage of experience.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Seriously though, Ed is droppin' insights like... like... a thing that young people might be known to drop with some regularity if they were so inclined.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

One of the better uses of the Shiba meme, I think you'll find.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

For some reason, this makes it even funnier.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That's a bit of a shame, but the page is probably better off not being dominated by one admittedly very funny panel.

Now the comment thread is a bit of a non sequitur though.

The Leper Colon V posted:

Forge will still always be Emo Fresh in my mind.

He'll never live it down.

Runa fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Oct 24, 2013

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Goddammit why are all the teachers at this school so drat funny?

It bears repeating that Zack's really good at this character-based comedy thing. And gestures, and expressions. His comics just radiate comedy charisma and more people ought to pay attention to his work.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

SlothfulCobra posted:

My inner economist is poised ready to pounce the second Zack reveals anything about Starchman stars.

I mean, it seems like one star is a fairly important thing, considering how Mr. Garcia considers it enough to buy Max's silence, but Isabella quickly bet four stars, meaning either she's a high roller or that Mr. Garcia is really cheap. Of course, everyone seemed really surprised when Max got a whole star just for his name, so...:words:

If ever there is a question asking whether or not Isabel is a high roller, the answer can only be Yes.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Something something "homework done extra early?"

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I say, this is exceedingly metal. :wotwot:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Heavy Zed posted:

Since we know that the sunglasses are a tool it's not surprising that he wears them everywhere. The fact that they make him look cool as hell is just a bonus.

If by "cool as hell" you mean "endearingly dorky" then yes, this is true on all counts.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ed's insight remains impeccable.

I do wish the alt-text was actual text, but if that were the case then what would we have for alt-text?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The Lord of Hats posted:

Update! I really like the detail of Spender's face blooping away from the train.

I assumed he was pushing his sunglasses up so hard that he broke anime and became surrealism.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Goddammit Zack, why are you so fantastic.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh hey, Spender fell on a door.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

This was linked to in the comments:
http://importrawdata.tumblr.com/post/78192590645/i-might-have-successfully-translated-the-pixskulls

It seems way too convoluted and annoying to write, but he did get coherent sentences out of it, so... maybe?

That's a lot of decoding work to get even one word.

So I guess that's actually pretty appropriate, yeah.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Forge's monologue is pretty cumbersome and could probably be paced out a bit better. That said, the alt-text makes up for it. I'm willing to give it a pass, especially since it fits the character actually spouting this stuff.

However:

Darth Windu posted:

Sorry to short circuit the hugbox!! DIVERT POWER TO THE HUG GENERATORS!! WE NEED MORE HUGS!!

This is a bit much. I mean, really?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

RickoniX posted:

This is about to get sad :(

That's some solid emoting from an origami fortune teller in those last few frames.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Aaaand we're back. :allears:

What a great way to lighten up the mood.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You didn't?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Someday, Max will be able to use his powers to make scrap art as cool as his mom's.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I wish that was his real middle name.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Any bets that the person who shows up next page won't be Johnny and that this is all just a fakeout metagag?

(I really hope this isn't a fakeout metagag.)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I am gladdened to see that this page is the best page.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Tollymain posted:

every page is the new best page

Dammit you're right.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

If Max's dad was a question then somebody else already posted the answer. In the form of a question.

flatluigi posted:

Max's dad is Dan Ryckert?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Rasamune posted:

The impression I get from reading around is that they're supposed to look like that, for a reason that has not yet been disclosed

Her eyes might just look that way, too.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You were probably wondering it from the start, it's just that now there's more evidence to support the idea. Max vs. Isaac, place your bets here.

The bet was rigged! The real winner will be Johnny.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That dog is still the best.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

When that photo was taken, Jeff didn't know what it was for.

By the time he did it was already too late.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

If only he did have his blade...

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

As Zack's powers develop, so too does Isaac's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I hope they wouldn't take him more seriously, actually.