Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

And later on this page, Dmitri seems to be familiar with the Activities Club.

I'm getting huge One Piece vibes from Suzy's face there in panel 9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

The guy with the scar is now wearing a tinfoil hat. I noticed that fact.

Character bio mentions he's a budding conspiracy theorist.

I hope his outfits continue to get crazier and more paranoid as the series goes on

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

Spender is so completely lame he circles right back into coolguy territory. It's actually quite impressive.

It's all about attitude, man.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

RJ is a medium, possessed by the ghost of Billy Idol.

Maybe he'll start riding a sex bicycle

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

Dr. Buttass posted:

I think he is a medium. He's still got the shadow spirit and Zack hasn't shown us a tool for that one.

Also, I thought the fact that he literally never takes off his sunglasses was just because he was a big nerd, but I guess if he ever took off his sunglasses Lucifer wouldn't be able to access his mind to keep the shadow spirit imprisoned either, so...

I wonder if that was intentional: The purpose of sunglasses is to keep the light out. Spender wears them to keep the shadows in

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

To think this all could have been avoided if only someone had closed the train doors

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Actually he's a medium :spergin:

Yeah? Well I'm a large! :v:

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

They don' hosed up now

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

New favorite detail of this page:

When both of them go Maximum Bishounen, you can see RJ dropping glitter from the top of the panel to create the glittery Bishounen Effect.

It's like a fractal of great things. Great things all the way down.

So THAT'S why Max's shop sells glitter

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

GlyphGryph posted:

I get the feeling not many people have realized that hotdog=burnhound, somehow.

...oh my god.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

How many more missed updates until we can begin the hilarious MegaTokyo comparisons?

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

Brannock posted:

It took 6 years between the first Scott Pilgrim publication and the Scott Pilgrim movie. The first Paranatural page was posted a little over 4 years ago, though Zack doesn't have quite the same output that O'Malley does. If Zack could make Paranatural his full-time job and get corresponding output out of it, and if its popularity rises accordingly, then in a few years ...?

Kinda feels like there's more work put into the average page of paranatural, though. Scott PIlgrim was mostly in black and white.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

Normal kid did it and look what happened to him

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

I adore paranatural and all but having a character point out your plot is dumb and melodramatic doesn't make it less dumb or melodramatic

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

Not sure if this has been pointed out, but the "Death Cultists" on this page Bear an uncanny resemblance to these weirdos

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

A stage? He must be putting on a play. This development really flips the script.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

Calling it. Aliens are a totally real thing in the Paranatural universe, and almost completely unrelated to all the ghost/spirit/activity consortium nonsense

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

do you think, maybe, the story could go faster

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

I'm still not entirely sure why the bat-like spirit was in the last panel of the previous update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

who the hell is pk