Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
Ohhhhh, it updates on Fridays? I've had this comic in my RSS feed for a few months, and up until now I thought it just updated randomly. :v:

Regarding the latest chapter, I have a feeling that, for a chapter titled "Max, Isaac, and the Secret Shortcut", Max and Isaac are going to traverse the shortcut in a single panel and the rest of the chapter will be more fooling around in school. At least, one can only hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

More like the tip of his bat splits open into a snake face and bites people. That's what I think would be cool anyway.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Spender's glasses are his tool holy poo poo.

If you'll look at the image that says Paranatural by Zach Morrison at the top, you can see Spender's shades chilling with Max's bat, Izzy's book, and Ed's brush. It also looks like Spender controls both black and white spectral energy, if I'm reading that page right.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

MikeJF posted:

It is possible to unredact the text in the last panel.

Dunno if that was an accident or deliberate. Still, here we go.

Huh. This, combined with the stuff Isaac listed off in today's comic (guys in weird suits? mooks at Isabel's place?) makes me think something bigger is definitely going on behind the scenes, and Isaac's ghost seems to be a part of it.

Edit: Oh hey, I just noticed something: In panel two of today's comic, on the couch by Isaac's backpack, there appears to be a small, purple.. Mister Starchman? Mister Garcia was seen earlier in the forest and sneaking away after Isaac scared away the Sphinx ghost.. Are ALL the teachers at the school spectrals?

red plastic cup fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 19, 2013

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

I bet it's just really humid in Walker's dreamscape.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

So, how much ya wanna bet those dogs are somehow connected to those pasty fooligans who were raiding Max's Dad's shop. I am basing this solely on the fact that there are three of them and three dogs, though they look like the sorta low-lives who wouldn't be above such foul skull language.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Ed isn't gonna die you dweebs. If anything I'm worried about the fact that Eightfold's book, AKA the thing her soul is stuck in, is currently tumbling towards the evil pixel dog-cats. If this page is correct, then spirits are made up of the same spectral energy that ghosts are, and spirits eat that yarnenergy. I'd say that losing her magic paper powers would be a more plausible way to get Isabel to take things a little more seriously.

Or the catdogs could just steal it I guess.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Matlock Birthmark posted:

I wonder how many successes Boss Leader gets with the buttflap option. Great send off line to waking in a cold sweat though.

Also, seems BL controls when the dream ends.

Ed would jump on that offer in a flash.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Sexiest train I've ever seen.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Kgummy posted:

I just realized something: Isabel could very well have been in the train when the arrow it hit.

The first person she saw was Max, and she's acting a bit strange. From Panel 2 onwards. Agent Day's arrow was a double shot.

As for Spender's outfit, I think the dark center torso is just representing The Strongest Spirit. At least I think that's what the shadow spirit is at least implied to be? I mean, it's in the (rib)cage looking thing.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong about both of those. Isabel isn't acting any stranger than she usually is and part of Lucifer's design is a birdcage. Spender's doing spirit fusion, so it stands to reason that parts of his costume would resemble his spirit.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

That's a good-rear end dog. I hope its Isabel's new spirit.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

In retrospect it's probably a good idea that Mr. Garcia confiscated Jeff's stupid anime sword LEGENDARY BLADE.

Who knows what sort of damage the spirit could have wrought with a weapon as mighty as that?

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

you can also see lisa here making a very ornate coffee or hot cocoa drink and then slurping it down like a hog

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

It was gonna be a bunch of swirly stick figures. That was also in the tweet thing.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

I thought I remembered this theory. I just don't remember why it was theorized.

Anyway he totally knows what's up.

After Dmitri left the Activity Club for whatever reason, Suzy snapped him up like a hungry alligator and cajoled him into giving her the dirt on what the A-Club's about, but Dmitri was able to deflect all her questions with ~CHILL MYSTERIOUSNESS~ and now he stays because he thinks Suzy's obsessive theorizing is funny.

That's my theory, anyway.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Onean posted:

There was also another occurrence of some type of bird behind Johnny, wasn't there? At least, I remember a comment from Zack about him forgetting about the eagle appearance and making a joke about it becoming a Thing.

Crying Phoenix Throw!!

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

The student council might as well be the Spender Fan-Club for how much unnecessary effort they go through to try and be cool.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

I think it's pretty obvious that the vice principal is not possessed or has ghost powers of any sort, she's just a wacky older person in the vein of mr. starchman. the camouflage joke that disguising her weird elephantine trunk as the head of a small child and puppeting it around like a normal student is just that- a joke.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

surprise! hijack was inside me all along

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

update

im ready for lisa im not ready for lisa

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Dimitri frequently interacts with Suzy and Collin, both of whom are not spectrals. He's not a ghost.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

pik_d posted:

Is Crush gonna be OK?

I don't think so.. I'm afraid he's dead.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Looking again at 5-95. Last panel, he's not glaring at Jeff. He's glaring at Mr. Spender, who just sprang out from behind a corner while leaking spectral energy all over the place.

Y'know, if Coach Oop is Ape I wonder if he's talking to Hijack and not Jeff in that page you linked. I mean, here's where Coach enters the scene after the hitball game, with Hijack hanging out of Jeff. If Oop's a spectral then he'd be able to see Hijack.

"The stiffs 'round here don't let troublemakers go unpunished."

That could be referring to someone who's overly strict or to someone who's dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Razor Rex will be some spectral in waaaaaay over their head and a cute little puppy dog spirit with devil motifs- a counterpart to Cherub and Angel. The two doggy spirits will be secretly working together.