Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

7c Nickel posted:

I just noticed that when Max see his first spirit, it's a Doctopi that's come to feed on Johnny's pain after Max bounced a scooter off his face.

Oh wow, I can't believe I didn't put those together - that explains why he didn't feel the scooter imprint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

So any idea what the deal with the tiny Mr Starchman in panel 2 is?

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

horriblePencilist posted:

Ahahah oh dear god how are Isabel and Ed even gonna catch up to that kind of amazing?

That is a question this comic asks of every character and then answers with surprising regularity.

I love it.

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

Dolash posted:

Yeah, Day may be significantly less fumbling and silly than her introduction suggested. And Venus Guytrap is an A+ pun name that I'm amazed I haven't heard previously.

It's kind of interesting to see more of how the whole spirit-time mechanic works, they can apparently hear each other and are moving at normal speeds relative to each other but can't hear or see each others' spirits. But we know spirits can interact with their human in these worlds, up to and including lifting them up and eating them, so I guess two Spectrals could fight each other in spirit-time and each see their own version of reality going on around them but their spirits could only help by moving them around?

Edit: Two spirits each lifting their respective Spectrals up in the air and punching each other with their hands rock-'em-sock-'em robots style would work.
I imagine it'd look something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oURw11sSjp4

I can't wait for spectrals to realise they basically all have the ability to stop time and that it's extremely broken.