Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Will this do? Not Anime but Isaac is obviously A Friend of Justice.

Any time someone compares a hero to a Kamen Rider a bad guy gets rider kicked in the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I really want forge-man to not get demolished and reduced to a tool. Spender can have his moment to shine with someone else.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

Yeah Zack covered it in comments and such. When a Spectral does his spirit fusion, he goes into his weird slowed down time headspace, but he still moves and acts in the real world, superhumanly fast. All the stuff that appears in the spirit-zone are also 100% real to the spectral. When Issac entered his and there was a huge hole in the wall he could've literally just walked straight out the building.

So basically Accel World? I can dig that.

And the possibility of Manvil getting defeated increases. :ohdear:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I mean Manvil is a spirit right, who says that he isn't really just a flame spirit piloting a metal body he has been reinforcing over the centuries? This is all some weird setup between himself and Spencer that they made up on the spot in order to draw out the immortal sprite dog. He'll fake his death and after Spencer subdues the dog he'll just pick his head up and put it back on his body and keep on being awesome. :ohdear:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Link to update
:rock: This update is the best!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Spender and Forge strike me as the sort to hate each other specifically because they're so alike.

I have nothing to base this opinion on except the clear fact that they're both goony nerds.

Nothing screams nerd more than closing your eyes in anticipation of a deathblow based off of anime story conventions.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

No he has a point. You don't get to be all self righteous about doing the right thing 15 seconds after maiming a living being in order to (attempt to) make a getaway.

It's kind of both ways on this one. Forge didn't know there were kids on the train until after he sent it rampaging, and he assumed that Spender would be more interested in his only means of transportation than on stray poltergeist. And the train is still a spirit so it's not like he maimed an actual human or something and tried to force a dilema of "do I take them to get healing or stay and fight" onto Spender. It's putting the needs of the many vs the needs of the few on both cases. But I'm inclined to agree with Forge here only because we are privy to the fact that those pixel beasts can re-spawn, I don't think Spender is even aware of that fact. Forge was acting desperate because he was told that Spender would be the one to end him and he knows that darker forces are at play. Spender thinks that Forge is that darker force and is acting accordingly.

From a story perspective both characters are acting logically for the greater good, it's just the case that right now Spender is more blinded by his own sense of justice than Forge appears too be. Forge did warn him of the monster's deceit and Spender chose to ignore that and instead fight the evil(?) spirit. I mean when a guy tells me that we've both been had and that he wants me to step aside to attack some unknown thing behind me, I can understand feeling like this is a trap but Forge clearly communicated that he didn't want a fight and Spender forced the issue.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Forge is also a spirit, though, so that point is kind of silly. If it were just "humans > spirits" Forge wouldn't be attacking Spender at all. Forge maimed a being like himself, and one that may or may not have had others on it as well, so that he could get away. Even ignoring the Ghost Train's sentience and possible sapience, though, Forge derailed a train and his justification is "well I didn't know there were kids on that train".

My point is that harming a spiritual entity isn't the same as harming a human. Most people I know can't regenerate themselves from spirit energy when harmed, or put themselves into healing trances while possessing mundane objects if they break a leg. Yes the train possesses emotions and awareness of its' body, but at the risk of sounding callous it will be fine.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

did the dead dog's ghost get absorbed into the dog max hit?

Nah, he transformed into that red pixel and you can see him regenerating in panel 8 to the left.

Blackheart posted:

They're actually this guy:

We going to have a fight in a clocktower before Gergoth brings down the house? Because that part of the fight is awesome.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Unless I'm missing something, Eightfold is just falling out of a fast moving poltergeist train. Is that really enough to destroy the tool it's bound too? At worse Isabel is going to be separated from Eightfold for a long time if not indefinitely, but I think Eightfold will at least survive the fall and is just giving some last minute coaching to help Isabel out.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Tollymain posted:

Eightfold isn't gonna die she's just gonna be trapped underground until her prison rots apart :buddy:

Anybody else notice that her lower eye is tearing up?

Edit: I suddenly feel very, very sorry for the cursedogs :unsmigghh:

No I didn't notice that lone tear as Eightfold put on a brave face as she said goodbye to her friend. Why would you point that out?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

Forge will be fine. He'll just uh...forge himself a lower half.

Also, lest we forget, Spender has understood Forge the whole time!

And I just realized how Spender beat Isaac's spirit. Storm god probably went into his "we're not so different" speech and got back stabbed.

Here's an interesting thought. What if Forge's body isn't his actual body and more like a shell he constructed? I mean, we wouldn't want to kill him off or anything right?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
So even the ghost train knew to combat whatever the shadow tendrils is with light?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Dolash posted:

Also it's interesting to see people are already getting cabin fever in Mayview. Francisco's being suspicious, when he says he's not trapped does he mean because he's where he wants to be or that he has another way in and out? Only half his students came in via train, after all.

It could just mean that his goal has always been to stay close to Mayview so not being able to leave doesn't affect him.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I've never felt the need to comment in this thread but now that JoJo has infected this comic too, might as well set up camp.

mr. stefan posted:

The 90s OVAs are actually p. bad, mainly because they don't "get" the whole wacky, insane looney tunes-ness of JJBA outside of like two scenes.
The 90's OVA's was a really loose adaptation of the manga series, but it's what helped get me into JJBA and the animation and dub quality are pretty good (as far as 90's niche series go).

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Someone reads Hunter X Hunter I see.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Green Intern posted:

Hijack tries to hitch a ride on Max, but gets ruined by the Scrapdragon.

I'd put money on Dimitri intervening.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Update. Lucifer finds a new protege? Also, Hijack is depressed. I feel bad for the little brain-kid.

Alt-text: it makes me reALLY MAD THat you can't coNTROL YOUR EMOTIONS

When this chapter started, I was not expecting some bizarre buddy cop film between a lightbulb and a brain to occur.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

He wanted to believe in the strength of children. This is what happens.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Been said before but she is really getting some mileage out of that turtle.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

sirtommygunn posted:

If you stretch what is considered a flip enough you have effectively infinite mobility and absolute control over momentum. We thought the monkeyman was the Jojo ghost, we were wrong.

Monkeyman looks more like a Stardust Crusaders-style stand. Flip-flops ability is more a Stone Ocean/Jojolion-stand

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

it's been 7 pages.

if you're not down for seven pages of technicolor ghost child fights, this may not be the comic for you.

I think he might be referring to the entire hunt for Hijack which has been happening for a fairly long time reading along with the releases.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

neogeo0823 posted:

So, what's the over/under on Hijack dying next page suddenly, maybe to the bat poltergeist?

Those odds just jumped up a bit.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Been listening to a recap podcast about those books so it was extra relavent to me.

Hijack, please be ok.

Morph Club?

And the fear of being mind controlled was solidified when I read those books as a kid. Spender got off lucky with not remembering anything.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

I thought of it as a possibility but did not expect it to actually happen.

Link, for reference.

This could still end badly for Hijack, though. We already saw that Lucifer could have killed Hijack while he puppeted Spender; if this guy is possessed or has a cooperative tool spirit or something, Hijack taking control might not be the best thing for him.

Still, cool moment for Hijack. Fight back, you weird, three year old brain, you.

Oh Hijack is super dead from all this. But it's good that he won't go down without a fight

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

xcheopis posted:

Is Cody immune to Hijack, though?

Really depends on how "dead" Cody is considering he's the son of a vampire. And knowing this series the joke could be that Cody is only Half-dead so Hijack can only possess half his body or something like that.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Begemot posted:

Update!

I guess we know for sure who the Witch is now, huh.

So someone layed it out a couple pages back but this really is about the former activity club and the new one dealing with the problems of this town. In a way, Mina is kind of a Stephen King character having to return to the hometown of her trauma.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The real horror is what lies underneath that sheet. Some cosmic entity made of tentacles like pool noodles with eyes like tennis balls, all yellow and fuzzy.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Those toys don't look all that creepy though? Certainly in the eyes of a 13yo who just found themselves possessed by a ghost I can see it being terrifying, but even the clown doll looks pretty benign from what I'm used too. It quite literally just looks like a play place complete with a child's rug on the floor.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

A Sometimes Food posted:

Look at the toys in the last panel hanging from the ceiling.

That would be the very tame clown doll I was referring too even with the ominous positioning. I don't imagine Dimitri is being insincere about not being afraid of Peeka anymore, but definitely when things started out it was probably a real fear.

fake edit: and yeah having body morphing powers that makes you look like something out of John Carpenter's 'The Thing' is probably the real source of terror.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Update. Isabel is a good girl. Also, Francisco is a dick.

Alt-text: caprisun, friendship, and flipflops... it's summer's time babey

I'm not sure how giving someone the ability to rotate their body along any vertical/horizontal axis, while also retaining momentum and also retaining any contact they have with other objects is supposed to be useless?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Using a tool is weakness. You shouldn't need anything besides your own inner strength.

I get his overall philosophy and his intention of weaning Isabel off tools. But if you wanted to give someone a useless ability, one that has easily understood combat applications and utility is a bad idea. Maybe he needed to give her a tool that lets her summon bacon or something.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

BlackPersona posted:

This is a good page. I love this webcomic :unsmith:

Team Refrigerator Reminder continues to be a very healthy relationship.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Kyte posted:

All these adults being turbodorks. :allears:

Eventually you'll have even more people awkwardly walking past the same corner trying to avoid detection. Then Zack will have to introduce spiritual non-euclidean corners in order to accommodate them.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Actual link to the page in question

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-300

Shame kids these days don't understand or appreciate a good booby trap.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Didn't Zack take a break at the end of the year last year as well?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

The ultimate tribute to Hunter x Hunter after a dodgeball arc, a hiatus over health concerns.

As HxH comes off of hiatus this week, Paranatural enters into it's own. Kind of poetic if you think about it.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Dias posted:

Togashi and Miura.

That's entry level hiatus, the kind of stuff where the mangaka is gone for a year or so and then they come back. When a manga has been on hiatus for almost a decade, and fans have to check to make sure nobody has passed away, that's when you have become a master.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Scaramouche posted:

Finally megatokyo's update schedule makes sense
As I check that front page once again, I'm reminded of the three volumes of megatokyo I still own and the fact that I still have no idea what is going on anymore. Because now it's apparently the feudal era and there are more ninjas than there were before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

And then others go for 10 years and end and leave a mark on the internet like.... Dominic Deegan?

Honestly I don’t know many webcomics that do end.

Looking through my bookmarks; Darken, Zebra Girl, Demon, Indefensible Positions, and Hinges.
But a lot of series that had just stalled out unfortunately so that's an ending I guess? :shrug: