Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I lost track of this around the end of the train thing (didn't want to wait a week just to read another Boss Leader update) and just re-read the whole thing and gol dang is it good. I forgot how much the art changes from the first chapter to the fourth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Renaissance Robot posted:

Also Ed's nightwear is a dog hood onesie (chapter 2).

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's not just any dog it's a RUDE DOG: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rude_Dog

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I can't complain about the story's focus, but I do wish the author did more with the dad/sister. In the aftermath of the overnight frog spirit attack:
http://paranatural.net/index.php?id=105

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Cryophage posted:

I just realised: The cultists from theory number six are the same cultists shown here: http://www.paranatural.net/index.php?id=305

One of you tweeter big shots should get him to make a Supernormal elucidating theories 1-5.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

readingatwork posted:

Final page is up. It's interesting to compare the two:

Am I a bad person if I like elements of the first page more? I particularly like Max in the first panel. The fact that only his pants are shaded makes them look like they're made of a shinny fabric or something. It's an interesting but subtle effect. *Files away in mental toolbox*

I kind of agree. I like how he's evolving the art, but the recent stuff is 'too finished' if that makes sense?

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I did a double take at the blood coming out of the eyes and then a triple take when I realized it was a bloody nose. What a perfect piece of physical comedy.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I miss the wacky hijinx Isaac days

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Back to the doctor lady's eye color, I always thought she looked kinda... snake like? And that's why her eyes were yellow/orange at rest.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Renaissance Robot posted:

So yeah the anime one is Isaac's, because it's blue. The Burger Child is rocking the ancient Nokia brick, as befits his status as ambiguous orphan. Isabel and Max get flip phones, the coolest of all phones [when you're twelve]

Bizarrely Lenevo announced yesterday they're bringing back part of the Motorola IP sometime soon: The RAZR flip phone. Zack can predict the future!

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Yeah, I hate to say but Zack might be trying to do too much with non-linear jazz. That's like the third time recently it hasn't been clear what's going on. I was convinced that when Max gets handed the note a couple days ago it was Spender handing it to him, and didn't realize otherwise til I read the post. Also I have brain damage :shrug:

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Odd thought: If it pans out as Dolash speculates above, Dimitri would actually be what Suzy wanted Max to be, an inside man who can gather information and protect their interests.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I'm hoping Johnny and the other guy (rj?) Are grabbing him to say "omg did you see how cool that was???"

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Countblanc posted:

Well Spender is a mentor and friend to her, even if he's an awkward weird one (like all her other friends, and her). He talks to her like an equal too, which basically no one in her life does except Ed kinda.

Also he's pretty lippy with the authority figure in her life

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

And who can forget George "RailRoad" Martin and his 30 viewpoint chapter books.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Isabel confirmed as author insert

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Roland Jones posted:

Flip the polarity of magnets and stuff, completely counter Max's/Scrapdragon's powers. Flipflop is the superior trash spirit here.

Flip the chirality of everyone's dna and amino acids and watch the fuckups (slowly) happen

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Okay I'm going to stop bitching about introducing new characters/ideas instead of advancing the plot if it means we get a lot more of SHRED EAGLE EXTREME

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Dolash posted:

Also I take it RJ updated Johnny on the particulars. Johnny is considerate of his friends, and also weirdly sort of generally considerate for a schoolyard bully.

I think it's more Johnny respects rebellion in any form. The way he phrased it was weird too, almost like RJ is some gender sovereign citizen who isn't going to do what "the man" expects them to, but to tell the truth I'm out to sea on all this cis/gender stuff so who knows.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Splicer posted:

Print out all the pages, separate them by plot, then ruffle shuffle them all together.

Algorithmically speaking this is inefficient given the current order.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Imagine if the ghost train chapter the Isabel/max fight was intercut with Isaac and Ed's adventure (which was summed up in ONE page).

I uh kind of wanted to see that instead, have Max+Izzy summarized and Isaac+Ed drawn out...

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Who What Now posted:

Actually texting Zarei that he isn't Hijack seems exactly like something Hijack would do.

Hijack spreads by texting

Pass it on

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

She's going in for the surprise hug

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I might be remembering wrong but I don't think Homestuck fandom got really weird until he introduced those grey skinned characters (demons?) but I don't know because I was outie on it when the update schedule started dragging.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

RandallODim posted:

Doubtful, he seems to be wearing an actual suit.

It could be pants over the onesie

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I got the impression PJ sometimes used old timey talk, but he also calls Max dude in chapter 1 so now I'm not sure

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

T-man posted:

what if metal wormy is actually metal mommy

Didn't his weld scrap together as art? Hmmm

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Haha that Jeff, what a goof.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Brought To You By posted:

That's entry level hiatus, the kind of stuff where the mangaka is gone for a year or so and then they come back. When a manga has been on hiatus for almost a decade, and fans have to check to make sure nobody has passed away, that's when you have become a master.

Finally megatokyo's update schedule makes sense

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Man, I'm not sure if we're supposed to empathize with this new character

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Yeah and I meant to mention it earlier but the incorporation of the radio text into the ongoing action was done in a very interesting fashion too.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Flatulent Weiner dog character find of 2017-??

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Oh man panel two that little pug lookin dog staring in disgust at his paw cuffs

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I hope you guys get this figured out because it's obviously a very important distinction

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Cat Mattress posted:

Leaving the crossbow loaded and tensioned seems like a bad idea. Kind of the equivalent of leaving a gun loaded and with the safety off.

Well it ruins the crossbow because it stretches the cord and eventually wears out the tension of the curve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I don't know if Zach still reads here but I got some insecure content and other warnings hitting Paranatural.net today using Windows Firefox 64 bit (after not doing so for a couple weeks, so this might not be new):
code:
The stylesheet [url]https://www.paranatural.net/.css[/url] was not loaded because its MIME type, “text/html”, is not “text/css”. [url]www.paranatural.net[/url]
Some cookies are misusing the recommended “SameSite“ attribute 10
Loading mixed (insecure) display content “[url]http://cdn.thehiveworks.com/images/hiveworks160600.png”[/url] on a secure page [url]www.paranatural.net:77[/url]
Loading mixed (insecure) display content “[url]http://cdn.thehiveworks.com/images/hiveworks72890.png”[/url] on a secure page [url]www.paranatural.net:92[/url]
Loading mixed (insecure) display content “[url]http://cdn.thehiveworks.com/images/hiveworks30050.png”[/url] on a secure page
All of these would probably require Hiveworks intervention. I trimmed out some failed scripts that were probably blocked by adblock.

The stylesheet one looks like an invalid file name.

The cookie one is probably an intermediary app trying to set a cookie value when the browser is only expecting it from the originating server, or the originating server is misconfigured. These will eventually be blocked:
code:
Cookie “__utma” will be soon rejected because it has the “SameSite” attribute set to “None” or an invalid value, without the “secure” attribute. To know more about the “SameSite“ attribute, read [url]https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Set-Cookie/SameSite[/url]
Of possible concern is the mixed content warnings since browsers have been coming down harder and harder on non-HTTPS content lately, and might refuse to process them in future. The CDN has a valid certificate, so some kind of setting that forces HTTPS on linking to it will probably fix that.

EDIT-Oh yeah the last image 30050 straight up doesn't exist, it 404s

Scaramouche fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 18, 2021