Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Agent Day :(

Weird, the background in panel 9 almost makes it look like as if they're inside a brown room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

paranoid randroid posted:

How does that nose even work, anatomically speaking.

Do we even know it's a nose? Sure, it's pretty nasally placed, but it honestly looks more like a

Uh...

Is that...

Is that a mouth?

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jan 3, 2015

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Jetamo posted:

Panel 6 is even better :allears:

:smug:

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Suaimhneas posted:

Figures, finally the locket opens and there's another locket inside

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I wonder what lessons Pajama ghost boy is taking away from this.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

oh my god :allears:

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I honestly thought Coach's Oop's son was a new character, somehow I didn't connect the dots between "Johnny's big bald bud" and "big bald beloved baby boy" until people here pointed it out.

As for dodgeball, it was allowed at our school, and we also had "Solo dodgeball"; which was like dodgeball but with no teams. Fun times.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I mentioned solo dodgeball earlier, so I thought I'd might expand on it.

In essence, it has the same rules as normal dodgeball, except without teams. When someone gets hit they're sent to "timeout" or whatever you'd call it, and they'd be sent back into the game if the guy who hit them got hit themselves. Due to the lack of teams there weren't any designated zones, so people could just run wherever, as long as it was within the limits of the playing field itself.

This led to a lot of fun situations where someone would narrowly dodge a ball only to find that the guy who had been cowering/running next to them seconds before had taken up the Call of the Ball, and were now armed and dangerous. People often tended to gather in groups in whatever corner that was the furthest away from whoever was playing the role of walking ball dispenser, so whenever the ball was thrown at them, there would be lemming levels of people fleeing in every direction, though a few brave ones would always try to grab the ball before anyone else did, usually while someone else were trying to do the exact same thing right next to them. Nothing like whenever two kids would grab the same ball at the same time. Western standoffs can go burn, that was what a real standoff was like.

Sometimes we would even put up obstacles, which just made it even better. Nothing like 5 people trying to hide behind a plyo box with a ball bearer sneaking up on the side.

Then the teacher would suddenly throw in another ball and that's when the real fun started. Not to mention when the third ball entered the game.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 8, 2015

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

Oh Christ I just realized the "eyes" are the Vice Principal's nostrils.

I remember posting this here ages ago:

It was right in front of us all along

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

khy posted:

Own is simply too weak a word to describe how incredible these are.

My favourites:

I had forgotten about Supernormal :allears:

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Fried Chicken posted:

Everyone needs lovely bearded nobles in their life

I think it's "lonely landed nobles".

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Renaissance Robot posted:

I know I'm being dense, but I don't get Max's comments in the last two panels :saddowns:

I think he's suggesting that she'd fit really well into a medieval court, with all the intrigue and scheming that inevitably happens there.

What he's saying is that she's a Game of Thrones character.

Or a Crusader Kings 2 character, alternatively.

EDIT: The "marry a rich dude" theory is probably more correct, also simpler.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 27, 2015

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

J.A.B.C. posted:

New Page!

Man, everybody is getting great speeches after Hitball.

Also 'Look at me I'm a floating raisin with a belief system' made me laugh so hard I woke up my cat.

And an avatar-sized one (I think?):

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Feb 2, 2016

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I keep seeing panel five as Mina's mom falling to her knees in desperation, but she just doesn't seem to have feet. Or knees.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Here in Norway school lunch involves bringing packed food from home, generally consisting of a few slices of bread with some sort of basic topping, as is tradition. :norway:

It's bad.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Who What Now posted:

armchair editors

As opposed to

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Windowsill editors are the best imo

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Oct 23, 2016

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Now this might sound outrageous, but I think Ed's gonna enter spirit mode and move a little bit out of the way of the bat.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

the student council president is the ghost train

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

I'm the student council president. You can't prove I'm not.

Checks out.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I can't wait to be introduced to Punk Bard, Cyclops George Washington, Literal Space Marine, and a furry.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Tollymain posted:

these people are basically on the same level as isaac and ed's sidequest on the train

don't ruin my dreams you rascal

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I enjoy Paranatural and will continue to read it.

oddium posted:

when characters other than the designated jokester tell jokes that's um. [consults TVTropes Presents: The Good Writing Bible] that's "cognitive dissonance"

Fridge Horror

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Can't have a circlejerk with just one, after all.

That's sort of the... entire idea

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Mazerunner posted:

you so fat you a circle jerk all on your own

yes

I'm a true torus twit

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

That forehead...

is his super power mind rays?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I've finally done it, I've achieved bafflement

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I still can't quite tell what sort of vibe I'm getting from her eyes.

Like when we first saw her in the "PREFERS SCIENCE CLASS" shirt, I just thought she was zoned out imagining herself being in science class instead of having to deal with the realities of anime ball, but now I don't really know

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Who What Now posted:

That scooter was just a handlebar and a single wheel. A uni-scooter, the most extreme of all rides.

Nah, seems to just be a garden variety biscoot

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

Anyone have a link to the last comic ed and johnny were fighting in?

Starts here:

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-160

Ends here:

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-163

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Pacing.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I respect mr Starchman so goddamn much :allears:

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

wait are you telling me both garcia and starchman are possessed :confused:

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Starchman is obvious misdirection. So is Garcia.

Hijack left the school years ago.

the real hijack was within zach the whole time

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I just caught up on nearly a year's worth of comic and gosh that was fun

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Tollymain posted:

im sure hes fine

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Apr 25, 2018

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

So Local Business Owner is definitely a bigwig within that "local business owner death cult" or whatever Max's dad joked about, right?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Ydoc, vampire child

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Student Council President Cody Jones, who'd have thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

So today's update pays off the setup from that school store derail from like a freakin year ago.

A good page to reread for the hints and setups that make sense now that we know Cody is student president: http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-165

Also the last couple panels on 168 and all of 169 seem to be leading into today's page: http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-169

Gosh that "secret ballot" goof is just too good