Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I only got into Paranatural like, three weeks ago. I like it.

Do y'all normally go all Chicken Little whenever it goes on hiatus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Twibbit posted:

Wonder what exactly it was that set off his Cody sense.

This is happening the same day as the dodgeball match.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Cup Runneth Over posted:

They were also at the start of the chapter when Stephen went to Max's dad's store

If y'all were looking for the page.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Apropos of nothing while we wait: anyone else notice that the leaders of both youth gangs in the story have red hair? You think Paige dyes it too?

Think it's normally black?

Paige's ominous blue eyes did have me thinking of a certain class president, yeah.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Okay but uh, where was it indicated that Cody couldn't see spirits? He and his dad seemed to have no issue with it earlier at the school.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Oh no Mothman is handsome???

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Ed is secretly a moody teenager just like Isaac! I've solved it!

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

rannum posted:

I guess Summers is probably just a common name for like...fiction, in general, but I could have sworn we knew a ____ Summers mentioned somewhere in here.

Maybe im just thinking of Agent Day

I had to scour the comic because I swore Agent Day was names Summers but no it turns out I'm a dumb idiot.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Is this the first time we've seen Doorman's color?

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Lucifer is still probably my favorite spirit design, but Phantomime is really cool as well. This was an interesting way to reveal the spirit possessing Max without just outright saying it.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Oh. The effect works because Angel has black energy, and Polaris flips it. So it is significant that he has black energy and also y'all were right, that dog's vibe is/was rancid as hell.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

How many Sphinxes are there, then? The three that met with the witch were Truth, Rules (formerly Games?), and ???. Did anyone say what that third one could be?

Promises (Contracts?) is possessing Max and that leaves Cherub, masquerading as a little dog with Angel. Clocking that she says Bark and Woof is exactly the kind of silly joke Zack would actually make plot relevant. Any idea what domain she'd have?

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Suzy is a STARCHMAN and that's even more ridiculous than being a Spender.

There's an update!

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

When did this whole incorporeal-during-trance thing happen? That feels like a big thing I missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Max couldn't have been possessed before coming to Mayview or the barrier would've crushed him in a horrifying fashion inside his family's minivan on entry.

So the Sphinx of Promises, or whatever her name may be, is probably a relatively recent addition to the kid.