Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
What I like best about the art in Paranatural is how animated it feels. Stuff like this:

Also my favorite Johnny line:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Opposing Farce posted:

Wait, am I hallucinating/misremembering/getting different parts of the story mixed up or did that page that was just posted use to have a different, much doofier-looking snake on it?

The chapter 2 title page has a pretty :v: lookin ghost snake on it

http://paranatural.net/chapter-two/

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

Check out the panel with the body part snatching spirt on this page: http://paranatural.net/chapter-3-page-5/

If you look closely under Isaac's speech bubble, you can see an extra person was with them.

This just caused me to read through the rest of the chapter, Gunnerkrigg style. Johnny :allears:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Shindragon posted:

Honestly he should leave it as it is. Redrawing pages is just a goddamn black hole. Hell redrawing a picture you did a few years ago just leaves you constantly doing it over and over.

For me I'm fine with his rough work art in the beginning. Shows how much he has grown.

Granted it was a quick change but hey dude is talented.

He might have to though if he eventually wants to make a book. I know the person who does String Theory said they have to do that to almost the entire first chapter because none of the pages are big enough for a book.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Forget the newest page, donate to get the most incredible wallpaper on the planet

http://paranatural.net/extras/wallpapers/

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

^^^ I think because his bat/spirit was in there

:lol: The alt text

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I can't get over how well drawn this newest page is.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Hey, remember that spooky guy we saw at the beginning of the chapter? I SURE DIDN'T.

Max's digit issues made me guffaw.

I remember. It's one of the best drawn pages in my opinion :allears:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I must be blind and/or stupid where is this being referenced on this page? :psyduck:

edit: Looking at the comments, apparently it's the "emo fresh so cool wow sweet breeze" during the guy's dramatic pose. I don't think that's a reference you guys

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

That Goku panel is cracking me up

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Can someone refresh my memory where else in the comic Splender mentioned Agent Day?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Thanks guys :)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Max's face in the second to last panel :lol:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

While we're on the subject of Johnny, I think my favorite joke ever in the entire comic so far was Max saying he was a pacifist and Johnny saying "I'll pass a fist through your face"

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I wish there was a wallpaper sized version of the DBZ part of this panel because :lol:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Suzy's not my favorite but she's definitely top tier. Not enough Suzy love

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

So it's taken me several re-reads to really figure it out, but let's see if I got all this right:

Splender says he's a medium for an extremely dangerous spirit, and if he's killed it'll be released. So for a while I thought this was his Lucifer spirit, but that's not the case at all is it? The back and forth between them was always confusing so it took me re-reading it several times to get it. Lucifer is tied to the glasses, so they always have to remain on because he is essentially a cage for the dangerous spirit that's in Splender right? And I guess the spirit fusion he does with Splender basically caused him to not be able to pay attention to the prisoner, at which point it tries to escape? He and Lucifer were able to seal it back up in time. But now Splender looks like poo poo. Is he looking like poo poo because he's just super shaken up and weak now, or is he trying to focus on keeping that spirit locked up now alongside Lucifer?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Fecha posted:

That's pretty much it. You can actually see the shadow of the shadow monster in its cage in some panels. http://www.paranatural.net/index.php?id=241 http://www.paranatural.net/index.php?id=287

As for why he looks like poo poo, well, I think he's both reflecting on what a lovely job he did almost getting a bunch of kids killed on what was supposed to be a simple, easy mission, including carelessly unleashing an eldritch horror upon them, as well as bothered by the implications of everyone being stuck in Mayview.

Oh huh interesting. I didn't notice the shadows in the cage in those panels before! Lucifer also verifies what I thought, the spirit fusion basically hosed up his ability to keep the monster caged.

edit: Eightfold being on the other side of the barrier is going to be important later I bet

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Nov 12, 2014

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'm pretty sure ghost bites give you DIEabetes :iamafag:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Man I hope this means we get to see that crazy girl I can't remember the name of and her friends in the Journalism club again.

I'm taking a picture with BOTH PHONES

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Wyld Karde posted:

Oh gods, that whole paper. The title, the spelling of 'bankrupped', that little doodle of Suzy saying "Me!", the crudely drawn main picture, the way the article goes on to explain what a bus is. :haw:

You gotta zoom in to really catch some of the other stuff. "The ugliest man" "NO NEWS AINT GOOD NEWS. Why we are relevant even tho nobody thinks we are" and my favorite: "FOOD! Who needs it anyway like for real"

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The alt-text is the best

So max... you can see them too... their Fursonas

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

That Dimitri panel is amazing

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

flatluigi posted:

The fun thing about webcomics is that when you think "man this would be a lot better to read in one go instead of reading serially" is you can just shelve it for a while and it'll catch up to your expectation eventually

Yeah like seriously. Sorry it's not moving faster for some of you, but it's a webcomic. Come back and read it later. Once the chapter is done when you go back and read it, the pacing is gonna be fine. People had a similar complaint during the chapter of Gunnerkrigg Court where each page was a different era showing Jones' history. And it went on for weeks and it was really slow, but when you read it as one big chunk the pacing fine.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Re-reading the chapter, there's one part I don't get:

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-62
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-63

How come Jeff/Hijack isn't out at this point despite being hit by the ball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I forgot about the bit where if the ball is caught before it hits the ground you aren't out. So there you go.