Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Sharon-715

Sharon hits the ground after Mina, keeping one hand pressed firmly against tonight's wig. She creeps up behind the technomancer, literally beaming at her cohort, thanks to the faint thaumoluminescent glow of her eye implants.

"Yeah, I don't know what it is about folks in Ghost. You guys get captured or in trouble a lot! Like, you remember that time I had to fly out to Chicago and body-check that one federal agent so you'd have time to get away? It happens all the time!"

Even Sharon's whispers are pitch-perfect. It's a shame about not having a script for her, though.

Sharon-715

Core Concept: Literally Manufactured Pop Singer
Global Media Sensation
Words Pressing on Your Brainstem
Great PR Team
Weird Anatomy

Physical: OOO
Mental: OOOO

MODES

Another Fine Product of B/PbAML +3
Athletics +4
Combat +3
Contacts +5
Empathy +4
Performance +4
Provoke +4
Rapport +4
Will +5

Banter +2
Deceive +3

Intrigue +1
Burglary +1
Notice +1
Stealth +1

Stunts

Sociopathic Confidence: Use Will to defend or overcome outside of
normal contexts, but only in situations where it is patently ridiculous to
do so (Megastunt, 2 stunts worth)

Media Sensation: Absolutely a better Performer than any human,
but at the cost of being weak to PR conditioning.

Gear: Built-in concert rig - +1 to Performance when singing or
building audio-visual backgrounds. Can use Performance to attack in combat situations by generating loud noises.

Conditioned martial artist: +1 to Combat attacks and defense when unarmed.

Trigger Doujin (Sharon): These doujin either mess up the characters or run with fan interpretations as a joke. With this collection of doujin you can spend a fate point to edit any character or situation aspect you're aware of, and gain a free invoke. These changes last for the scene or until just after you leave, and you need permission from the players to edit their aspects.

grassy gnoll fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jul 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

Sharon is completely oblivious to her slavering counterpart.

"Yeah," she says to Arthur. "This'd be a pretty crappy place for a show. Although sometimes that makes for the best kind of show! I shot a video in an airport baggage claim once. They've got all sorts of cool robot arms and stuff back in one of those."

Sharon blinks as she recalls several hundred faces and names, none of which are attached to turning into a giant bat-thing. "Hi, I'm Sharon. Nice to meet you!"

I am pretty sure Arthur is the only person here Sharon doesn't know in some capacity. Correct me if I'm wrong.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

There's this one technique in Songfight matches that you can use when you're not busy pummeling someone with your fists. See, you can use anything you can bring on-stage and keep your hands on as a weapon, so long as it's related to your performance. Skinny Black was pretty big as a guitar fencer a few years back, for instance, and Ai€sha could do some really mean things with her drumsticks.

Sharon A) hits people and B) is worth the combined income of a small town in terms of implanted concert machinery, and what she's learned to do is be Loud.

Something that's not quite a rift in space opens at carefully plotted points around the trainyard and classical music at hellacious volume spills out, finely tuned and shaped to blast the hell out of the cultists' eardrums. It's not loud enough to be incapacitating by itself, but it sure as hell is distracting.

For best enjoyment, turn your speakers all the way up and listen to this. 4dF +5 = +3 to create a new unplesasnt aspect for the cultists.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

Sharon disappears from beside Minimina, loping down the alley between train cars, dancing around obstructions and the detritus of the marshaling yard. The music continues to thump in her ear implants, and in the bones of the poor suckers in her "audience."

The star skids in on the gravel near the summoning circle and converts her momentum into a spin, driving a kick square into the back of her target.

Moving to be beside Hacksor and Attacking the goon next to him with Fists, -2 + 4 = +2 net.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Hey, Sharon ain't killed poo poo, no matter what that bitch Vicky-463 might say behind her back.

Could I conceivably channel Hellacious Music and make a mental attack against the running cultists? I do have Pointed Performance, if you want to be literal about targeted performances.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

Sharon is aware of the intense value that Ghost members place on stuff. The hacker kid's compulsive checking of his clothing, or Minimina's derision based towards his eye-ware of choice, for instance. There was one occasion on which Wade actually started sobbing over the phone as he related a story about how one of his dolls had been broken.

It's all a little confusing to Sharon, who never really had anything she could call her own that wasn't made a part of her, but it's enough to make her suspect Hacksor is going to be a huge weepy baby unless he gets his suitcase back.

There's a trick she's been wanting to try, but never had the occasion for until now. In Songfight, it's bad form to deafen your opponent permanently, meaning that even if you win the match, you're probably out of the circuit. Sharon fiddles a bit with her virtual soundboard, carefully ensures her own monitors are briefly disconnected, and then channels about a hundred fifty decibels through her sound gear, straight into the cultists' heads. That'll show them, which will be literally necessary, because they aren't going to have intelligible auditory sensations for a while.

I guess this is really more Create Advantage instead of Attack, because I really just want to stop the runners in their tracks so the others can kick the crap out of them and get the McGuffin back. Invalidating an entire encounter with one action is a dick move and all.

Create Advantage (Songfight): 4dF+5 7 is probably gonna be enough to do whatever it is, in any case.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

Sharon kicks some of the dust off her shoes and neatens her clothes. Riding public transit was always so exciting! Every trip an adventure!

Ready to go whenever.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

As far as Sharon can tell, the cat-bus is entirely within the realm of normalcy, down to someone else handling the financial arrangements, so she hops right on board.

Once everyone is seated, she turns to Hacksor. "Do you need to go to a hospital or something? Or wherever it is you sleep? I've never raided a summoning before, so I don't know how this normally goes."

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

Sharon is only halfway out the catbus door by the time she's got Wade on the phone. "Wade, you remember that other Ghost you had me go run interference for in Chicago? I'm calling in another favor for her. I need all the stuff you guys have on hacking into Hakurei, some kind of tech company. Yeah, arcanotech stuff too. Send it to me, she's busy and crabby right now. Alright, bye Wade.

"Bye, Wade.

"Goodbye, Wade." Sharon clicks off the line. Nerds.

Creating Advantage: Distributed Computing to help Minimina, rolled a 3 and the nerd herd has to be quick about it, thanks to Leadership.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

Sharon brings up her fists and her AR overlays. There wasn't a concert around here, so that screeching definitely wasn't a fan.

Gonna block by Tuned Words as a 4dF+5 action if Mina or Sharon get attacked. Other than that, staying in cover.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

Sharon frowns at the spattering of byakhee raining from the skies and dappling her with blood. This was a new issue dress, dammit.

Shielding her eyes with a hand, she watches Da'ud work and the monsters crumpling to the ground. It seems almost unsporting to kick them while they're down.

Ready with another Defend at +5 if the vermin get any smart ideas. Flying enemies are hard when you mostly punch.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

Sharon stares impassively at Maximina tearing another living creature apart with her teeth.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

Sharon keeps staring at Maximina devouring something living, something thoroughly saturated with arcane energy.

Hmm.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

"Yes," Sharon says in a flat tone. "We should go."

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

"Yes. Ride. And not eat."

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

Sharon heads into one of the bedrooms and dials up something suitable for the evening on the closet clothes-fabber. Dumping the pattern off her headware takes only a few seconds, but it'll take a while longer for the fabber to finish its work.

Also bedrooms are good for braiding each other's hair and talking about boys. No cannibals allowed.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

Sharon comes back out wearing something surprisingly tasteful and a wig that might be a natural hair color for someone somewhere in the world. She paces a bit, keeping to herself. It is pure coincidence she keeps Arthur interposed between herself and Maximina at all times.

"So when are we leaving?"

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

Sharon violates a large part of her training and conditioning and frowns. Things have gotten that serious.

"Are you really going to open a portal of questionable origin and destination on a night with tremendous arcane potential?"

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

"Oh." Sharon considers this new information. "I don't see how that's better."

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

"I don't see why we can't take a regular bus or a taxi or something," Sharon says as she unsteadily climbs onto her ride's shoulders.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

Sharon dismounts her Byakhee with relish, which is entirely different that the relish Big Mina applies in the same situation. Smoothing her clothes and hair infrastructure, the pop starlet surveys this new place. Not the worst joint she's performed in.

It takes her a few minutes of watching everyone as they scuttle and scurry about, but eventually she's got their patterns down. Bobbing her head in time, Sharon snakes along, trying to keep as many of the crew in her line of sight as possible as she begins an ancient, arcane beatbox pattern. Semi-industrial sounds lilt in and out of existence, threading through the natural noise of the bunker. So long as no one's dumb enough to make an outright racket, it should help cover the sounds they make.

Create an advantage 4 to invoke a sound-related aspect to mask the team: Walk Without Rhythm

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

Sharon leans in over Little Mina's shoulder. "What do we do now? I've never broken into a hidden secret base. Usually I'm trying to get out."

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

Sharon stalks up to Da'ud. "Where are we going?"

I got nothin'.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

Sharon skulks behind a crate, content to let the others pummel and shoot to their hearts content. Until the time came to do something interesting, she had a game of Miniscule Towers to attend to.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

Sharon is giving Little Mina such a look. "Do you really need external validation from a door?"

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I don't think it matters, since we're mostly waiting for Ettin to tell us what's behind the Life Coach Door.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

Sharon has a spring in her step and a faint smile on her face as she strides around the bunker. This place is like a little slice of home to her.

Not that it makes her any more comfortable around Big Mina. The pop star carefully avoids going near the old uniforms and lab coats.

Gonna lean on Death on Two Legs if anyone questions Sharon as to what the hell she's doing here.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon - 4/5

Sharon doesn't so much as blink, let alone look away from the elevator doors.

"Did you get your budget request in on time? The accountants asked for an advance filing this quarter."

It's like she was born for this.

Using Death on Two Legs to reroll my first attempt and Overcoming by lab nerd rapport: 6.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

Sharon gives Nagi a quick, knowing glance. "You'll have to excuse him. He's been volunteered a few times too many."

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Do we know if the other non-emergency elevator goes to the surface, or some as of yet undisclosed location?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

Lacking things to sing, punch, or talk at, Sharon decides to tag along behind Sun Yue.

The pop star feels strangely protective and empathetic towards the cow, for reasons she can't quite put her finger on. Not that she would lay a finger on the cow, since it's kind of gross.

The cow, presumably, doesn't care about much at all.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon - 4/5

Oh good, alarms. Sharon gives a small sigh before trying to find a broom closet to shove the cow into. That doesn't work, so she settles for tying its lead to the closet doorknob and waving a finger of admonishment at it. The cow does not seem particularly threatened by the gesture.

The pop star hustles off to find out how bad her friends and Maximina have screwed themselves.

Movin' on over to the control room.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon - 4/5

Sharon opens the door just in time to take cover behind it, as Arthur plows through the observation window and creates a hellstorm of glass shards.

Still, if you're gonna survive Songfight or the stage, you've got to think quickly. While the guard closest to her is distracted by the tager's little performance, she jogs up behind the man and kicks him between the legs.

Attack with Songfight, 6. Ow!

It is vitally important to my roleplaying verisimilitude to know how many of the guards will later actually click on the popups. Is there a sub-chart for this?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon - 4/5

Sharon dances around Arthur and the cannibal, but she's gotta act fast when Sun Yue leaps out of the other door and brains her intended target. Instead, the pop star makes a flying leap over her swordy cohort and takes another guard down with a champion MMA tackle. Eye gouging is bad PR and pummeling leaves knuckle bruises that make the public too curious, so she settles for just grabbing his head and bouncing it off the floor a few times.

Style.

Yet more Songfight: 7.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon [4/5]

Sharon peeks around the shattered remains of the window, taking in the scene of gunfire and arcane explosions before her. The details of what's going on are not entirely clear to the starlet, but she was raised by arcanists and geneticists and producers so she has a fairly good idea that if things continue to develop in their current fashion, bad things will happen. Very possibly some worst-case scenario will occur and a truly dire eldritch being could be summoned, which Fat Mina might ingest or couple with or god knows what else and gain even more unwholesome powers. Lacking the tactical know-how to nip that problem in the bud, Sharon settles for disrupting the ritual itself.

On her ninth birthday, after she'd blown out the candles and parts of the cake had been distributed to the various workers and her crechemates, Doctor Takeshi had sat her down with a list of songs she was never to perform, since they were proven to reduce her shareholder value. Not being an entirely inhuman child, young Sharon agreed to never so much as touch any of the songs, and then immediately began surreptitiously committing them all to memory.

The pop star runs a few acoustic calculations in her head, picks out a death metal backing kit, and settles her optimal listening zone square on the geek in the magic circle. As her mixing crosshairs settle on Dr. Watanabe, Sharon's voicebox squirms into a new configuration, built and tested for maximum growl with minimal strain.

A squealing, twangy noise erupts in the lab, its changes in pitch barely perceptible over the sheer volume, backed by what must be quadruple bass drums.

Sharon screams.

"I ONCE HAD A GIRL
OR SHOULD I SAY
SHE ONCE HAD ME"

Attack, ,reroll tapping Death on Two Legs, reroll tapping Thriller to represent the arcane hellfire that is Norwegian Wood, total 5 attack to disrupt the ritual. 2 FP left.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Whoops, Dodge: 3.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon [2/5]

Woozy from the sphere's voodoo, Sharon still manages to stay on her feet. If she can survive a two-week-straight tour in Florida, she can survive getting knocked about for a while.

She vaults into the ritual room, turning the motion into a flying kick aimed square at the sphere's punchcard reservoir. It's a good, solid hit, and at the very least, it makes a lovely impromptu confetti display. Not a bad way to make your presence known.

Punchin' 6, and if I can, I wanna spend a point to turn that into an eight by tapping Voided Warranty. I want this thing dead.

Physical: [X][X], but not dead yet.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon 2/5

Dance battle? On the contrary, it's time for a battle dance!

Sharon can't actually hear what Yue's listening to, but she can figure out the tempo and time signature from how her friend bobs and nods along with her music. The pop star springs into action, going into a rolling dive so she ends up next to the pillar. She keeps the momentum going, rolling into a spin and spreading her heels out. She builds speed with her rotation, then snaps up with a kicking handspring, like a capoeira move via flattened cardboard and boom boxes.

Tapping Dance Battle, attack, reroll with Thriller +2 from Dance Battle, total 6. Down to one refresh.

Remind me what's preventing us from just going over there and walloping the geek.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

It's time to get serious.

A heavy backing track booms around the lab, drowning out the already repulsive dubstep beats. One of the emergency lights flickers on, hitting Sharon like a spotlight. It's not entirely clear if the weird little mascot by her feet carrying the boombox is a holographic projection or the byproduct of metamagical radiation, or hell, a hallucination induced by phat beats, but it's all secondary to the real important matter here:

A throwdown.

Sharon swaggers up to the possessed pillar. Her body language is completely different, rolling and squared off, leading with the hips, entirely different from the reserved and careful steps she normally takes.

"What? What? What? What bullshit is this?
Some demon tryin' ta make my list?
This frontin' upon which you insist
ain't doin' nothin' but gettin' me pissed.
Maybe that info's somethin' you missed,
so shut the gently caress up and I'll give you the gist,
help you, assist
Since you insist
and persist
You better desist"

There's a brilliant flare of light as Sharon jabs forward, knocking a hole in the pillar's etheric skein and punching into the machine's innards.

"Or else you gonna kiss my FIST!"

Attack (with +2) 4, plus spending my last FP through Death on Two Legs to make it a 6, plus weapon 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

Always a people person, Sharon does not keep Sun Yue hanging.

High five resolved and tabled, it's time to address other issues. "Should we have been able to punch or shoot or whatever the physical manifestation of ritual magic like that?"

• Locked thread