Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud ibn Husam al Din

"...how did you pronounce that?" Da'ud shakes his head at Mina, sighing. "Always, always when I am just about to head out for the night, too."

He brushes off his jacket, sighing. These things always happen in some filthy stockyard, don't they? Maybe next time he'll be lucky and it'll be at somewhere nice.

"I'm guessing cultists of some stripe. Probably for some blood ritual. Couldn't say more without any evidence, though. Still...if I were going to perform a blood sacrifice here, assuming they're using the standard al-Hazred methods or one of the Dagon variations..."

Lore roll: 4

---

High Concept: I Put On My Armani And Wizard Hat
Trouble: I Need To Know!

Aspects: Dubai Style, Master of the Occult Sciences (BPhil, MOcc), The Dagon Ethnography, "Hey, Did You See That Thing I Did?", My Love Interest Eats Monsters

Skills
Super University Level Anthropology 5
Casting 4, Resources 4
Will 3, Lore 3
Contacts 2, Presence 2, Scholarship 2, Athletics 2
Rapport 1, Survival 1, Physique 1, Empathy 1

Powers
Evocation (-3) (Elements: Fire, Air, Earth. Specialization: Control.)
Thaumaturgy (-3) (Specialization: Necromancy, Complexity.)
The Sight (-1)
Soulgaze (0)
Wizard's Constitution (0)

Item Slots
Focus Item: The Obsidian Eye of Ma'at (+3 offensive control and +1 offensive power to Earth)

Refresh: 1/8

Stress Boxes

Physical: ()()()
Mental: ()()()()
Social: ()()()

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jul 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

"We can arrange firecrackers. Or shooting." Da'ud grins at Maximina. "He's right, though, once we get this handled, you up for drinks? I know a good spot for it, it'll make up for the cognac you're not having right now."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

Da'ud reaches into his jacket, pulling forth the Egyptian amulet he uses for power. "Hm..." Magic is taxing, so it'd be better to be sure of what's going on. He watches the Sons, listening to their discussion and sighing. "Idiots...but a possession..."

He looks at the circle they are drawing, furrowing his brow. What power are they drawing on? That could be useful to know, perhaps to tap into when the attack begins. He dons the amulet, then reaches into his pocket for a coin, flipping it between his fingers as he thinks. "I'll be ready when we begin."

Lore Assessment: 2. Probably not much of use there, but I'm okay with it.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud (FP: 3)

"Couldn't say, but...I know those marks. This is being manipulated by the Cold Ones. They have a good reason. But we can handle this."

Da'ud smiles broadly, turning to Maximina.

"Bet I can keep up with you in takedowns."

She's got more bullets than he has spells, of course, but Da'ud is more than happy to go for style to keep up. He turns, though, as Parkour Guy keeps talking. His expression turns from a smile to annoyance. This guy is insufferable. He raises his hand, closing his eyes as the shouting starts.

Around his feet, a circle of light appears. Arcane runes circle its edges, and lightning sparks up around him. Da'ud opens his eyes, speaking a few words of ancient Egyptian under his breath. The electricity traces around his body, sparking up. The coin in his open palm hovers upwards, spinning end over end. Da'ud takes a breath, and then speaks in a loud, firm voice.

"So, you think you're clever, hm? If you're such an intellectual, can you tell me - do you know what magnetism can do? It can take something small and move it far faster than any gun. With just a little power, it can create a weapon more devastating than anything you've ever seen."

Lightning sparks over the coin, surrounding Da'ud's hand.

"But no, you couldn't understand from words. Let me show you. It's called..."

He raises his palm to point at Parkour Guy. The electricity seems to explode around the coin...and then there's only the afterimage of an intensely bright light, almost like a laser, following the coin as it races for the man at supersonic speeds.

"A railgun."

Earth element. Summoning four shifts of power for Weapon 4, taking 1 mental stress.
Control/Attack Roll: [22:59] <Krysmbot> MorsRattus, --/-+8 = 5

Also, gonna suggest a compel of Hey, Did You See That Thing I Did? because this is deliberately flashy and unsubtle as hell for the sake of trying to impress everyone.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud - FP: 3

Since Tsurugi is running, I don't see much need to wait, since there's enough cultist for everyone!

Da'ud grins. "Fine - but if I win, you have to spend a day wherever I feel like."

Da'ud closes his eyes again, chanting in Egyptian. The magic circle around him begins to rotate, the runes and hieroglyphs within it shifting. The air around him begins to hum and smell of ozone. He points at the Jinn in front of him, his eyes snapping open.

"If I were you, I'd move."

Which is when the stone beneath the man's feet juts upwards, forming a spiky rift that threatens to smash into him from below with amazing force. Da'ud's other hand points at another of the jinn. He barks another word in the ancient tongue, and the magic circle shifts again beneath him. This time, it manifests in the form of crushing force bearing down on the man as gravity strengthens itself several times over, to break his bones and send him down. Da'ud turns to Maximina.

"Three."

Summoning five shifts of power, which gives me a 2-stress hit, so now I have (X)(X)()() mental stress.

Splits into Weapon: 3 and Weapon: 2

Control Roll of 9, which I split into a 5 for the 2 and a 4 for the 3.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

Da'ud shrugs.

"Actually, I think the guy I pegged with the coin might still be alive. You can kind of hear him groaning."

He hasn't actually been checking if he killed or just maimed the guys he was taking out, after all. He pauses, frowning...and then barks an Egyptian word, gesturing at the man. Magnetic force pulses around him, then contracts around the jinn for several moments, forcing the man into unconsciousness via manipulation of his brain's electrical impulses.

10 on control. It doesn't actually matter how much power I use as long as it's any power at all so.

"Three and a half."

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Feb 4, 2013

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

Da'ud sighs melodramatically, then nods.

"You're lucky I like you, you know that? Just make sure I look good, okay?"

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

Da'ud turns away from Maximina briefly. "By the way, my guess is that the swordsman was a Disciple of the Cold Ones. The spell they were using used their methods, and the fractal nature of his escape was...familiar."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud - FP: 2

"Information is information, no matter how you access it. Magic can interact with information. Draw the right circles, chant the right words..."

Da'ud shrugs.

"Of course, do it wrong and you're lucky if you only go mad. There's a reason not everyone is a wizard...now, let me see. I'm sure you can call up the power as well as I can, but let me see if I can't augment your focus with a little classical training. You see, there's a method to take advantage of the metaphysical shift between physical and ethereal in ancient Greek thaumaturgy that could be applied here - digital is another form of ethereal, after all. They used to use this technique to commune with dream-spirits - the entire Hadean underworld mythology may have been related to it, according to the Lysurgis theory. I prefer, though, the theory that it was developed as part of cthonian hero-cults, as a way to commune with the hero-archetype being worshipped. The Hades system is built up differently than it would be if entirely influenced by dream-spirits."

Pause.

"I'm not boring you, right?"

5 to do something helpful with SUL Anthropology, boosted to 7 by invoking Master of the Occult Sciences (BPhil, MOcc).

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Feb 8, 2013

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

"What the-"

In the darkness, it's hard to count the Byakhees, but at least they have warning. Da'ud scowls, moving outside. He has to be able to see these creatures, after all. He kneels down on the asphalt, muttering Egyptian chants. Lines of magic appear around him, tracing out hieroglyphs and runes.

Lightning sparks around him, flowing through the stone, sparking up one of the building's drainage pipes. It sparks upwards, finding its way to the lightning rod - and from there, the magic sends it out at the Byakhees. The magnetic field around Da'ud pulses.

"This is going to be annoying, isn't it."

Casting roll 8, 4 shifts of power. Taking 1 mental stress, since my boxes cleared out with the new scene. So that's an 8, Weapon 4. It won't do more than 1 damage, but I'm gonna catch 'em all.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud FP: 1

Zero on the dodge roll, +2 from invoking Dubai Style.

Da'ud dives to get out of the way, but he's too slow. The Byakhee's claws slash him painfully...but, thankfully, he is wearing a very expensive coat. It's so expensive, in fact, that for this one hit it managed to cushion the blow some...at the cost of the expensive fabric. But hey, at least it's too good and slick to get a good grip on. This time.

I take a 3-stress hit.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

Da'ud brushes himself off, trying to keep his dignity as he gets up from the slash. "All right..if that's how you monsters want to play..." Their formation had made this a problem before, but now that they've all been separated out into distinct points, mostly away from the others...

Now he can use the big magic.

Da'ud kneels, chanting. Purple light flows over him briefly, then vanishes as his magic circle reappears. Then it doubles itself underneath several of the byakhee. Da'ud focuses, muttering under his breath, and then stands, raising his hand.

"Down, boys."

At which point gravity increases by a factor of twenty.

Casting roll 9, 6 shifts of power so Weapon 6. Boosting to 11 by tagging Formation Disrupted.
Also I take a 3-stress mental hit but that's okay, I'm totally fine.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Feb 12, 2013

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

As Maximina's vest falls to the ground, Da'ud freezes, something like a deer in headlights. He blinks, half-stunned, and then turns very red.

"Ah..."

He coughs, then turns away, trying to watch something that isn't her as he takes his jacket off. It's a little ripped, but nowhere near as badly as her own clothes.

"Um. Max? Here."

Sure, she's ripping into a barely-dead Byakhee, but still.

(Da'ud's version of events may involve slightly more sparkles than, say, Sharon's.)

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Feb 12, 2013

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

"I, ah...right. Sorry."

Da'ud was trying hard not to stare.

"You can give me the jacket back later, no rush."

Pause.

"...so, my family has an apartment near here we can stop at so you can get cleaned up."

Da'ud coughs, then glances over at the surviving Byakhees. A thought strikes. They seem docile.

"We can ride there in style, even. And then have some drinks while we look at...whatever data we got.."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

"Make yourselves at home, everyone. Max, why don't you check out the walk-in closet? I think some of Fadwa's clothes are in there from last time she visited."

Now, Da'ud is in his element. He moves among touchscreens easily, having learned long ago where every control is in the apartment. Music, some nice lighting, a light bit of pine scent. That's better. Then he turns one of the windows into a display for the Hakurei data.

Madukkarai...that's Indian, isn't it? A place. Perhaps something important to know based on that...

6 on Anthropology, to figure out what's up with Madukkarai. I will Lore-nerd later, probably, about the magic involved if this doesn't cut it.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

Interesting, but not especially enlightening. The spell, perhaps, will be moreso. Da'ud begins to trace out the arcane symbolism of the magic Hakurei is using. A rule of threes, perhaps...

Lore 5, tagging Threes, Huh... to up it to 7.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

"Ideally, some time soon. This isn't a warding ritual. Watanabe told them it was, but...no. He doctored his work. Well, but not well enough for someone who understands it. This is a ritual to turn a room into a portal. I could not tell you to where, except that it's outside any dimension or realm I have ever heard of."

Da'ud frowns.

"This is going to put a crimp in our plans for the night. We might be able to use the Byakhee to hunt down the rift once opened, but that's the kind of thing we're meant to prevent."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

Da'ud has gotten himself a replacement jacket and spent some time rummaging through his belongings for potentially useful things. He isn't very sneaky, or very athletic...but he's clever and he's rich. That sort of money means having lots of useful tools. In this case...

"All right. This is some prototype software we developed a few years back for the OOI and the other intelligence services. This version was converted to work on cell phones, like an app...officially we can't have this, but I have security protocols for it. Anyway...this scans the area and can track people using a mixture of cell phone GPS scanning and minor Aristotelian magic. Short version..."

Da'ud holds his phone, which is now showing a map of the area, with green dots and arcs to show guard locations and facing.

"I know where they are and where they're looking."

6 for a Resources maneuver to have some very useful gear.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

It should be easy enough to determine where the ritual itself is, between the map and the arcane knowledge Da'ud has.

"We might be able to avoid some trouble if we can just go to the right place first off..."

And so he focuses, trying to sense where power is being gathered.

Lore: 4. Maneuver trying to place the Aspect 'We Know Where To Go' or something similar, so that we can get through the stealth section without getting too much attention.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

Da'ud examines the door, then at Mina. Then back at the door.

"That's an electronic lock, Mina. I could unlock it in about two seconds."

Pause.

"I can't promise that the lock would ever work again, of course. But it would be unlocked."

Pause.

"Also it would probably blow at least three breakers."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud - FP: 2

Da'ud grimaces. "Max, Max, Max..." He shakes his head. "I suppose you might pass for a new hire, but..."

He looks her over, shaking his head. "Give me a moment, this just isn't you. I mean, trust me when I tell you that we can be academic and still look good. Give me just a moment..."

Da'ud's 'moment' turns out to be about five to ten minutes adjusting Maximina's labcoat, cleaning the glasses and slightly altering the ponytail to a more flattering one. At the end, he steps back, smiling. "There. Much better. Now you look amazing again."

And then another five minutes with his own outfit. Now, rather than simply being stylish, he is rocking nerd chic, having gone out of his way to make the labcoat look good. (He even removed a few buttons to help with that.)

Compel of Dubai Style. We simply don't do plain and ugly here.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

Da'ud looks at the library for several seconds...and then nods.

"I'll come with you. We can check out their library later - I understand the magic theory they'll be using, so you might need me. Plus...well, I know what the real ritual does and looks like."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

"That's..."

Da'ud looks down at the spell in progress, then turns to Mina and Maximina.

"I think I can end this spell. I know what he's doing, what he's really trying."

Unlike Mina, he is classically trained. It's not about disruption - it's about reshaping, refocusing the power. He understands what's being done, after all. How hard will it be? With that amount of power flying around...well, he may not need to match the power...

Da'ud mutters under his breath, then turns to the others.

"But, uh...worst case scenario? I may have to ask you two to give some blood sacrifice. Only if I can't handle it on my own, but...anyway, I'm not sure if I need that yet."

Anthropology: 8. Can't self-compel, number is too high!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

"It's not about the blood, it's the act of causing harm. It, uh, it releases energies that can be harnessed."

Da'ud coughes, looking Maximina in the eyes.

"Thank you. And I promise, if I do need it, I will make it up to you. I swear. The last thing I want to do is hurt you."

Pause.

"Ah, either of you."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud - FP: 0/1

"...right. We can do this."

Da'ud reaches into a pocket, pulling out a small device - a simple drawing tool, able to lay down colored lines on nearly any surface. He begins painting symbols out on the floor.

"But it's not going to be easy...I have some materials with me to get us started...and I can tap into the sabotage that Watanabe has done, seizing some of their power to fuel our ritual to counter theirs..."

Base Lore 3, +2 from tagging Sabotaged Wards, +2 from tagging A Lot Of Spare Power.

He mutters under his breath, calculating. "The tripartite nature of the spell allows us to use Gnostic banishing principles - body, mind and spirit are three, so threes have power. By integrating the Gnostic ritual...yes."

Invoking Master of the Occult Sciences (BPhil, MOcc) for another +2. We're at 9.

Da'ud draws a ritual knife from his pocket now, tracing out more of the symbols with his other hand before putting away the tool. He takes the knife, closes his eyes - and then plunges it into his palm, biting his tongue to suppress a cry of pain. He spits blood onto the floor, then puts his hand into it, using the mix of blood to continue tracing the shapes of his ritual.

Taking Mild Consequence: Stabbing Pains. That's another +2, for 11.

He can't fail here - not with everyone watching. Da'ud's pride focuses his power, giving him a burst of energy.

And spending my last FP to invoke Hey, Did You See That Thing I Did? for +2, to 13. We need 2 more. One invoke/tags, one mild consequence, whatever.

"Mina, I need you to help me now. Focus the power into me. Use whatever you can do to do it. If one of you gives me a small blood sacrifice, that'll do it, or...well, just a little more power. Then I can shape it. It'll take me a bit, though - a minute or so? This is a lot of power I'm going to be focusing."

And then it'll be about 5 rounds for me to control and release the spell.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Mar 11, 2013

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

OKS: I don't actually need a blood sacrifice after Mina's tag, that brought us to 15. Ah well, I can use it as a casting roll tag.

Da'ud winces. "I swear I will pay you back, Max. Anything you want."

He looks over at Mina. "And I'll pay for your program, too." He seems considerably less upset over that one. Da'uyd then closes his eyes and begins to chant, bringing his will to bear on the power.

First control roll: Tagging in Mina's program. 2, +2 to raise it to 4. Will 3, so that's 3 control.

Mina's program flashes, integrating itself into the pattern as Da'ud begins to sweat, trying to control the massive well of power.

Second round: 4, Will 3. 6 Control.
Third round: 4, Will 3, 9 Control.
Fourth: 5, Will 3, 12 Control.
Fifth: 4, Will 3, 15 Control. Five rounds, spell is shaped.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Mar 13, 2013

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

Da'ud shifts from chanting to careful ritual mudras, shaping the power around him.

"Well, Doctor Nagi, I'm saving the lives of everyone in this compound. Do me a favor and don't shoot, please? Otherwise your man down there will be able to complete his ritual and open a gate to uncharted dimensions."

Da'ud grunts, tracing out more runes with his own blood.

"You did realize his version of the ritual would do that, right? Count the threes."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

On the one hand, the Yin-Yang Orb is shooting. On the other hand, the circle is an active magical effect - and those are always draining on the mind. Da'ud considers his options, and ultimately decides on hoping he can move faster than Yin-Yang Orb blasts. It's...an iffy decision.

On the other hand, his own ritual is done and now they just have to hope it works, survive...and take out the defenses. Da'ud takes a deep breath, trying to ignore the pain from his hand. It's not easy. He looks down at Hideyoshi, shaking his head. "It's too late, Watanabe. We've outsmarted you. But if you want us to outpower you as well, then..."

Da'ud raises the Obsidian Eye of Ma'at, pointing it down at the pillar. His other hand goes to his pocket, pulling out another coin. They make good ammunition, since he hardly has to worry about getting a hold of them. It hovers out of his hand as magnetic power surrounds it, and then launches itself at the pillar's weak point, leaving a glowing wake behind it as the air itself is forced out of the way as the coin earths itself in the helpfully revealed weak point.

"I can do that."

Of course, this doesn't leave Da'ud much room to dodge, and...well, the results are not pretty. Da'ud staggers back, allowing the Eye to fall back on the cord it hangs from so that he can grab his shoulder, which is bleeding heavily. That arm's not getting much use for a while.

Calling up Weapon:4 for 1 stress. Attack roll: 8, boosted to 10 by tagging Red Glowing Weak Point. That's 14 total, minus 3 armor, minus 2 for the block, for a 9-stress hit.

On the other hand: Dodge roll: -1. So I have an incoming 3+Weapon:3 hit. That's a 6! My Armor 2 knocks it down to 4 (since Da'ud is stupid rich and can afford a jacket worth Armor 2), but I'm still gonna eat a Moderate consequence there: Dramatic Shoulder Wound

Mental: (X)()()()

Consequences: Minor (Stabbing Pains), Moderate (Dramatic Shoulder Wound)

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Mar 18, 2013

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

Da'ud grimaces again from the shoulder pain, but manages to leap out of the broken window, landing in a crouch in the ritual room. He stumbles into the circle, forcing a grin.

"All right...now, what kind of man would I be if I couldn't show off a little for my friends here? You wanted power, Watanabe?"

Electricity crackles around Da'ud for several seconds.

"Behold - power."

And then the electricity earths itself in a loud crash, as Da'ud begins chanting. Sure, there's a loose Infovore around...but that can be handled once the Orb is gone. Da'ud has nothing if not boundless confidence. His jacket billows dramatically around him as he raises his good hand.

The lights flicker as Da'ud seizes control of the local electrical fields. For a single instant, every light in the room shuts off, going dark as lightning crashes behind Da'ud. Then, they flash back on...but not before the huge blast of lightning flows up his arm and leaps for the Orb.

Calling up Weapon: 7, giving me a pretty nasty hit of mental stress, but I can take it.
Casting roll: 7, just enough to control that. Tagging Knocked Off-Kilter, so that's a 9 to hit.

16 stress, minus its dodge roll, minus 2 Armor.

Mental: (X)()()(X)

Consequences: Minor (Stabbing Pains), Moderate (Dramatic Shoulder Wound)

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

None of those consequences need points to be spent to tag 'em, they all have one free open tag on 'em.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

Da'ud's mind is reeling from the magical assault he's thrown, especially with the pain from his hand and shoulder. He looks down at the fallen Yin-Yang Orb. The pillar was protecting it. With it broken...the two are still connected. And with the pillar still up, he can't very well start altering the magic circle into a containment seal.

And they're going to need that, with the strange entity Mina let loose.

Da'ud frowns thoughtfully, then grabs the Yin-Yang Orb with his good hand, taking only a moment to admire Maximina's gunplay - and to hurl the thing at the spot her bullets were mostly aimed at, where the biggest dent is.

It's not the most adept throw, but then, he does have horrible stabbing pains all through that hand.

Athletics Roll: 1 to throw the thing. Tagging Serious Denting and Dun Dun Dun Da Dun Dun Dun Da Dun Dun Duuuuun DAAAAAAA to up that to 5. Weapon: 2, according to Ettin.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

"We can yell at her after we seal the thing. I doubt we can kill it...but we don't have to."

Da'ud raises his good hand as the wiring around him begins to writhe and twist. Lightning sparks over his body.

"See, a gate is kind of like a seal. They both work on similar principles. And I've already converted this one to the other. I've already won. So all we need to do is lock this up and shut it down!"

Da'ud may not have actually won, but he's perfectly willing to believe he has. The lights dim again as Da'ud begins to channel as much power as he can. He's working hard - using the beat that Maximina is providing and the terrible power of wub to try and force C://0R0NZ0N into moving with his pattern. The electrical energies burn through him, washing over his body and moving into the circle, reinforcing the seal that Da'ud forced onto it with his ritual.

He grimaces, forcing his wounded hand up, and finishes the incantation of the seal.

"Ilī mātim ištarāt mātim, šamaš sîn adad u ištar īterbū ana utul šamę ul idinnū dīnam ul iparrasū awâtim!"

At which point he channels as much electricity as he can through the wires the digital demon is possessing, focusing it all on that nicely revealed glowing weak point.

He's not even especially worried about getting smacked by those wires in a few seconds. Overconfidence may be a thing.

Weapon: 6. Control Roll: 9. So that's 15 right there, before defense and armor. Then I tag Chordite Rhythm, Power of Wub and Glowing Obvious Weak Point, raising that to Weapon: 6 and 15. So 21 before defense and armor.

And then I take 1 physical stress because I haven't moved out of the way.

Physical: (X)()()
Mental: (X)()(X)(X)

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

Da'ud takes a deep breath...and then collapses against a wall, clutching his bloody arm.

"Ugh...look, there was a seal in place. We just had to remove the thing's power. That's why it worked."

He groans, trying to force himself not to show too much pain. After all, he has to look cool, right?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

"Thanks, Max." Da'ud does his best to tie the compress himself, though given it's around his shoulder, it doesn't work that well. But damned if he'll ask for help. That wouldn't look cool.

When the Byakhees disobey, though, he just sighs and half-falls against the nearest wall, shaking his head.

"Hang on, let me see what this is."

His phone is pulled out of a pocket, and Da'ud sets about checking to see if his family has any holdings related to this - or at least some information on what the hell this place is. After all, their information network on rivals is extensive.

He's interrupted, though, when Sun Yue rushes ahead, and he just sighs again.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

Da'ud puts his phone away, following after Sun Yue and Maximina.

"The worst that could happen is we get arrested because we're covered in blood and you've ripped your clothes, Max."

Pause.

"Not that I'm complaining about that."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

"Really? I would have thought this was your scene. Or at least that some of your friends hung out here."

Da'ud may be a nerd, but he's not that kind of nerd. He winces, trying to move so that his wounded shoulder isn't so obvious. He glances around, thoughtfully, then sniffs.

"...ugh, what is that smell?"

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

At first, Da'ud is entertained. He reaches into his pocket, pulling out his phone to take a few pictures. After all, he can't let Mina hear the end of this.

And that's when he spots the one with his own name on it. He takes a few more pictures - but now, just to get author names. That's weird.

"I vote we leave and never speak of this again. Max, please don't kill anyone. We'll get you something to drink."

They can do looking things up later.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

Da'ud turns to stare at Sun Yue for several seconds.

He mouths silently.

Then, at last, "You'd trust these people with the cow?"

He stares for several more seconds, shakes his head, and then pulls out his wallet, taking out a card at random.

"Use this. Just promise me you won't go showing these things to people."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud - FP: 2/1

Da'ud looks down at the box. Then back at the fan.

He sighs, then reaches in to grab the databooks.

"Might as well see how much they got wrong." He pauses, then turns to look at the maid. "Wait, where did you come from?"

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Mar 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

[ @Mina: You realize I'm straight, right? ]

He glances up at Sully, and instinctively shifts away from the man. He might be contagious.

• Locked thread