Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«87 »
GreyjoyBastard
Mar 28, 2010

Moralists don't really have beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Today's page is extraordinary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Today's page is extraordinary.

He made children!

GreyjoyBastard
Mar 28, 2010

Moralists don't really have beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Ash posted:

Any, ANY chance of getting more Claggart when we reach Alderode? I have an enormous heterosexual hardon for this character. The mixture of being overweight, scruffy, generally unattractive yet highly confident and outspoken really makes me admire him. He's what I wish I was (alas I am only unattractive and scruffy)

The best I could do was that second helping in Duaneís ice skating memory Claggart was fun, but the danger in reusing too many characters is your world starts to seem terribly small. We should let Claggart go live his life, and I will endeavour to design more unconventionally attractive characters with double chins and receding hairlines.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Motherfucker posted:

Yeah you should be a sober ascetic monk and never gently caress or do rock and rolls and die with a dry, flacid penis. Its the only way to impress this cool guy on the internet.

You completely misread my intent.

Let me put it another way: We are all going to die, sooner rather than later. Let's get shitfaced.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Can i hold your butt?

GreyjoyBastard
Mar 28, 2010

I'm starting to think maybe this twin sacrifice thing isn't great.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I'm starting to think maybe this twin sacrifice thing isn't great.

Working real hard to make the side with misogyny and child soldiers look like the good guys.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

I don't find this sort of thing funny

Siya is the "not normal girl" because she knows she's destined to be sacrificed so she wants to make something that will live for her. Sara can be the normal girl because she doesn't have to live with the specter of death and can enjoy her childhood.

Anyways there's a way out: destroy the shrine and create such a mess that no one will be able to tell Siya ran away.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I'm gonna be honest Dwayne is lookin' righter every minute.

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Working real hard to make the side with misogyny and child soldiers look like the good guys.

Ain't no sides.

'sides shartenshae, amirite BOIIIIZZZ

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Cat Mattress posted:

Anyways there's a way out: destroy the shrine and create such a mess that no one will be able to tell Siya ran away.

Attack and Dethrone (the) God(s).

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

the kept-twin thing is practiced by Gefendur of all nationalities Iím pretty sure, Cresce is just the most notable

on the other hand, cheery stuff like the Etalarche curse could have only been cooked up in Alderode. Iím still giving them the edge on horrible places to be

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

HAIKOOLIGAN

One of the most worrisome things is that this is supposed to be the "kids having fun" chapter before getting back to bigger problems and issues as was stated by the author.

I guess we are queued up for something darker then "kids dealing with being destined for execution and also some zombie attacks among other things".

GreyjoyBastard
Mar 28, 2010

Ash posted:

Does anyone in Kasslyne have barbecue? I wonder what turtle bacon brisket tastes like.

oh oh oh I thought of a joke

Whatís their speciality dish in Ethelmik?
Burnt ends.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

Queen Sonorie's agents stand here awaiting, eyes brimming with hope and hearts tired of hating!

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Cat Mattress posted:

Siya is the "not normal girl" because she knows she's destined to be sacrificed so she wants to make something that will live for her. Sara can be the normal girl because she doesn't have to live with the specter of death and can enjoy her childhood.

To be fair, I'd argue Sara has a very different specter of death hanging over her. It's different from knowing you're going to be the one to die, but I'd be shocked if it didn't affect the twins that are going to live, too. I mean, your twin who you love is going to be killed and eaten, and it's only not you because of what order you were born in. I feel like Sara is partially trying to enjoy herself now because she knows she'll be grieving later. Meanwhile, the whole thing really sows the seeds of resentment in their relationship, because as much as Siya loves Sara she can't help wishing that Sara would die instead, and she knows that's a hosed up thought. But she feels trapped because she's been told over and over that if she leaves, people will die in disasters because the Gods will be angry.

So yeah, it's poo poo from multiple angles.

GreyjoyBastard
Mar 28, 2010

Some interesting and unpleasant stuff about Bastion's offsetting, torc, et al on the tumblr. Turns out being the Lady's favored tool son has complications?

quote:

Wait, regardless of whether he knows about it or not, how is bastion not just dying of horrible gut problems without his flora? Also would it be possible for an Inak to assassinate Beadman, take his place, and secretly rule his corporate barony?

Without going too much into detail, most of Bastionís bits were accounted for when his offsetting was designed and installed into his torc

and lots of other stuff, including the things i cut out of that post

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

Everyone is fond of owls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
JOCKEY OWNS

Stichelin it is, thank you!

Litraya Shrine is Unsounded's Namek. We're going to be here for-loving-ever aren't we?

«87 »