Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Sigma-X posted:

I think it's a mix of magic torture mask and him trying to deal with the magic torture mask.

If i had to guess, I'd say his mind tried to retreat into a happy place to get away from the torture mask, but it followed him right in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Oh, good. So we should prepare for like 15 lines of dialogue from him that'll spawn 3 pages worth of people bitching about how terrible he is.

I think you got your numbers backwards.

I can see why he's hated, but at the same time, I don't think he's done anything to deserve the level of hate he's getting. Not yet, anyway. I'm fully sure that he will, but so far I think most of the hatred pointed towards him is really just generated because people heard he was the authors favorite character in some other story or something, and they don't want to see him have any sort of importance in the story because of that.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Roland Jones posted:

Things this page has shown us: Murkoph does not understand math. (Or he's making an idle joke, but I prefer to think that he doesn't understand how numbers work.)

Things this page has shown us: The squishes don't like Murkoph either.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I don't quite have a map handy, but isn't Sharteshane on the other side of the continent from them? IIRC, geographically, this is a bit like China and Russia getting into conflict along their borders, where Sharteshane's busy being Spain.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Ok, Toby is scary as hell now. Also, did he grab the noose from the side of the page?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

And we're back.

Even when Duane's being a badass attack zombie, he's still a dork. :allears:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Now that I think about it, where did Cutter go? He didn't get skewered and absorbed, did he? :ohdear:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

What's a spiderpaw, again? Also, poor Anna, she's having a bad day. :(

Also also, there's a smoke eel crying tears of pure light behind Delicieu.

Also also also, the weird giant eel-boss thing has faces for eyes.

This whole page is a weird combo of interesting and gross.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

i like that boo turned out to actually be the font of all goodness and light, apparently

It seems that the pymary that Boo is made of is basically just a bunch of happy thoughts that chase away the bad ones. It also seems that the good thoughts infused into the first silver that was going to stab Duane in the face, which I think will become the thing that finishes this fight.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Cutter/Deliceu/Lizard Guy is controlling the flesh monster like it's his child, basically. In the beginning of the fight, he had it draw him into it at the base and move him up to its mouth, like any true boss would have its monster do.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Bad Seafood posted:

Guess they don't call 'em the Red Berry Boys for nothing.

:chanpop: :captainpop: :eyepop: :shittypop: :psypop:

:regd08:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I've never noticed how beautifully both Vince and Pusheen are timed together.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Well, the khert lines are always there, Duane's just made them visible.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

That second to last panel is amazing avatar material. I really like where this is headed. :allears:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

The comments for this page are more interesting than the page itself. :pwn:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Panel 4 Sette would make an excellent avatar. :3:

UNRELENTIN' EXPLOSIVE FIRE!!

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

A hologram you literally cannot beat. Quite the tease, I can see why the king would want it.

Really though, it's very interesting seeing the king's view on his country and laws. Both he and the country are about perfect reflections of one another.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Am I missing something? Their throats are torn out like the adults, but other than that....?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Tollymain posted:

their chests cavities are basically open at the top and they have no lungs

right, yeah, and their throats are open, revealing their trachea and such. This was revealed ages ago with the fully grown water women, so I guess I don't get why it's somehow new or worse with the water girls.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

PetraCore posted:

A-at least Knock is holding up?

For various values of 'holding up'. I'm pretty sure she's like on the knife edge of losing it, and is only holding it together for Ana at this point. Ifwhen she goes though....

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

No one's gonna mention that he gave the dog comically large tits? Because I'm pretty sure that's my favorite part of this update. Or maybe it's the smut rag getting tossed in the fire as the other guys flip a poo poo over that.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I just love the his excuse for not having money two pages later, I think it's one of my favorite one liners in the comic.

EDIT: and of course, I also appreciate any time we can clown on Darkest Paul.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

In the end, they'll all trudge up to the surface, via a cave that opens unprobably close to where the ambush took place, and we'll get a nice cinematic view of the aftermath.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

FAT BATMAN posted:

:smith:

Man what the gently caress are those things

One of the comments mentioned that the monsters are visual shorthand for the people who did the torturing. Uaid didn't see them as people, so he remembered them as monsters for what they did.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

He had his hopes and dreamed stomped out right in frontinside of him.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

From last page, but I want you to know that at work, we've got this big dry erase board that has all the notes, events, and etc. for our production lines. We've been having nothing but a giant headache with line 1 for the last two weeks, where everything that could go wrong has, and it continues to obstinately not want to work. Apparently the khert is leaking over here, because these two images have appeared on our board around line 1's header.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Twenty Four posted:

Not too much going on to talk about yet, just a bit of a recap and setup, but friendly reminder that Unsounded is back from the scheduled break! The usual chapter cover doesn't seem to be up and there's two pages and the old front page link is gone and replaced by a text link that takes you to page 2 instead of 1 for some reason, so, click forward, I guess? That might get fixed, things just went up right now! I'll put all the links up for now just in case. Anyhow...

https://unsoundedupdates.tumblr.com/

http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch18/ch18_01.html

http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch18/ch18_02.html

Page 1 was left as a sort of ending/preview when the break started. At least, I recall reading it back then.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

A.o.D. posted:

Jivi is standing right there.

Jivi is good boy, Toma is good dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

As much as I agree he's loving it up, I don't think he is in control of that right now. Sette commanded him to be true, and it seems he's just spilling out nothing but the truth. It's not like she commanded him to be true about his feelings for her specifically, and so he's spilling out his personal truths about everything. We're gonna see exactly the sort of guy Duane is, because Sette just exposed his moral and emotional code. The real question is whether or not Sette could or would live with that truth.