Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Space-Bird posted:

There's definitely something about Unsounded that's very grotesque. It's been hinted in earlier chapters, and now she finally has a chance to go whole hog on it....It's extra jarring because the style starts off kinda cutsey, but the technical proficiency improves and suddenly you get all these grotesque zombie gut gross stuff with this very bright color palettes. You're definitely right that it's unsettling. It's hinted in the earlier pages....it's just...maybe the price one pays for living in florida?

It's not just the gory art either. Slavery, harvesting people for... something, and there's some creepy sexual references at times too. The art is gorgeous though, and the dream realm (khert?) is a nice break from the previous scene. On that note, I am really, really curious as to what Duane's reaction will be to disembowelling some dude and getting molested by a magical octopus sextoy.

Unsounded kinda reminds me of sneaking down to watch late night anime flicks on cable when I was a kid. Sorta standard fantasy fare that's randomly interrupted by graphic ultraviolence. Fun, but a guilty pleasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

I didn't actually realize that Unsounded had a lot of exposition until somebody mentioned it in the webcomics thread. Turns out I'd just been skipping over most of the explanations (bad habit from reading waaay too many fantasy novels in high school). The story still makes sense for the most part, so I don't think browsing the wiki or formspring is mandatory.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Cat Mattress posted:

Ashley Cope admitting to have a "licking fetish" (:wtc:x2 combo)
:stonk:
Really, really didn't want to know that.

Cat Mattress posted:

I'll still give her the benefit of the doubt for a while, but if it turns into "Sexy Undead Rapethlon 2013" I'm out.

Considering how far ahead she draws the comic, the tone probably isn't going to change. This scene seems pretty representative of the comic, so if you you aren't comfortable with stuff like "undead rapists licking children", might as well stop now. That said, I'm gonna stick with it at least a little more out of sheer curiosity.