Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Discovered this comic thanks to this thread. I'm all caught up now. Thanks for the recommendation, I've really enjoyed it. I went back through this recent trippy sequence looking for details, and one of the things I somehow missed the first time, is that one of the fish/spirit thingies actually hands Sette her knife to cut the umbilical cords. How do you folks pronounce Sette? I've just been reading it as set, which seemed the most obvious option to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
So is this a character from another of her comics? I've only read Unsounded...

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
No way. Duane's had too many visions of his little girl during stressful times for me to believe she's alive.

Here's one: http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch05/ch05_44.html
And another: http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch03/ch03_36.html

And he gets really upset when little girls are threatened or hurt (like Sette, or the girl left behind on the altar by the Red Berry Boys). Granted, that's a reasonable response, but it's also foreshadowing.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Should I recognize the person showing up in the last panel? Or is that just another one of the goons from the group attacking Duane?

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
While I agree for the most part, what we've seen of the character in the comic is pretty repugnant. I haven't read any of the non-comic stuff, and from what I can tell Murkoph is an unrepentant murderer/rapist/pedophile. Plenty of reason for people to dislike him. I think people here just hoped not to see him again so soon after the last chapter.

Probably related to Murkoph's appearances and the gore of the last chapter, I noticed that the author changed her "parental rating" or whatever. It used to say PG-13. Now it says 15+. At least she's acknowledging that the comic is dealing with more mature subject matter.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Stockyard seems to have nooses in his hair. The guy seems to stick to a theme, at least.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
There's no way Nary didn't know about the labor points stuff. Another reason to think he's sent Sette in with ulterior motives. Though I suppose his perspective may have just been 'not my problem, give me my money'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Oh man, that 2nd to last panel...

I don't think there's even a slight chance of Duane being handed over, unless it's part of a ruse, but I'm pretty excited to see where this chapter goes.