Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Moon
Jun 8, 2006
In Space
Regarding the most recent update.

I was hoping this character wouldn't show up. They seem very out of place with the rest of the cast. His general look and behavior is very modern/rockstar-esque in a setting that is very fantasy.

That and from what I can gather from the website and deviant art this character is psychopathic, incredibly violent and potentially a rapist.

I don't know how I'll feel about the comic going forward if he retains these traits in this particular story and is featured prominently and as a protagonist. I mean even Quigley, who's morals have been questionable thus far is in no way a monster and has some redeeming qualities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon
Jun 8, 2006
In Space

TheFuzzyLumpkin posted:

There's already a raping, murdering pedophile in the comic. He's called Starfish, maybe you missed him.

This seems like jumping the gun on Murkoph by quite a bit. I sincerely doubt Glass would consider him a protagonist in any sense of the word - he's a foil for Duane, since they're similarly situated. But assuming that she wants the reader to root for him is a huge jump.

No Starfish makes my skin crawl, but he is definitely a villain and hopefully he'll get what's coming to him.

Like Fabricated said, this is one of her favorite characters, and oldest along with Sette. He may be different though, considering this story has been a reboot of a lot of her characters.

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed the comic, and you're right, Murkoph has only been on one page and I don't know where she's going with this at all. I will give her the benefit of the doubt, she's done a great job so far.