Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
The amount of writing you get out of a single fill of a fountain pen varies pretty heavily, to be honest. I got about one and a half days' worth of really, really intensive note-taking out of one fill of my Lamy Safari, while my lovely new Metropolitan seems to have a much smaller reservoir.

On the subject of travelproofing or being pocket friendly, I've literally worn one of a Safari, a Faber-Castell Basic, a Scheaffer 100, or a Pilot Metropolitan in a breast pocket every day for a year, and the only place I've ever gotten ink that wasn't on the page was a bit on my hands while refilling. They've traveled with me by bus, car, and plane, and no ink spills yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU