Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
You sons of bitches. Just ordered my second Pilot Metro. This time a fine nib, in black. And a handful of sexy looking ink samples. Sigh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Which Lamy nib size would be the most like my Pilot Metropolitan fine nib that I love so much?

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Well would you look a that! Thanks man.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Minenfeld! posted:

Which Lamy are you going to get though? The Safari, regardless of nib size, is not going to feel like the Metropolitan.

I'm interested in the Bluegreen Al-Star. I'm fine with a different feel. I'm open to feel interpretation haha

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

blowfish posted:

Can I get it shipped to pen island?

Address to:

Pilot Metropolitan
Pilot Metropolitan
Pilot Metropolitan, PM Pilot Metopolitan
USA

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Seriously though my Lamy came in yesterday and I've been using it all day at work and it is awesome.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

hate pants posted:

you pen weirdos are really unfunny

I'm sorry brother.

Somewhere there is a Venn diagram that shows the overlap between "Pen Enthusiasts" and "People That Occasionally Take Themselves Too Seriously" and I'm afraid that overlap is bigger than it has any right to be.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Bro can you post closeups of those pens/pencils/markers/crayons so I can see if I should consider picking some up myself?

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

no they will not posted:

Sure! Here's the un-resized version of the first pic: http://i.imgur.com/sjPRb1v.jpg

Sorry bro I'm posting from my Pilot Metro you're gonna have to inline link that

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

cobalt impurity posted:

Frankly I'm disappointed it wasn't goatse with a pen embedded in his anus, but then I'm a sucker for the classics.

Is it not? I didn't even bother cause why

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Is it fascism yet posted:

my pens is so hard right now

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Lord Girlyman posted:

Figurines or those life-sized jointed dolls with 23+ realistic openings and life-like tentacle action?

I can't store my pens in a figurine.

Can you please catalog and describe each of these realistic openings, just curious.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

While we're back on actual pen chat, I'm absolutely in love with my Lamy Al-Star. It feels really perfect for my hand and writing style.

I got this one because it's beautiful.

http://www.gouletpens.com/Lamy_Al_Star_Bluegreen_Fountain_Pen_p/lmy-l32.htm

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

That was a pretty good effort post.

What's your address so I can send you a Pilot Metropolitan?

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

My full bottle is sitting on my desk. Thank gently caress I bought it before the change cause that new purple, while beautiful, is not the color I want to write my work notes in.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Any of you guys have any luck with the refillable highlighters? I do a lot of highlighting at work and it seems a wiser choice than constantly buying Staples highlighters.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

I was looking at combining these

http://www.gouletpens.com/Yellow_Platinum_Preppy_Highlighter_Pen_p/plat-cscq-150-30.htm

http://www.gouletpens.com/Noodlers_Firefly_Ink_3oz_p/n19170.htm

With a converter.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

My Metro and Lamy Al-Star are the only two I own, and I bring them both to work.

And quite honestly usually what happens when I hand them to someone to use is they look at it confusedly and then ask me for a pilot g2.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Yeah that's a lot of pens...

I have a Lamy Al-Star. I've had two Pilot Metros but I gave them both away cause I just use the one pen in day to day service.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

UnoriginalMind posted:

Is there something a step up from the Pilot Metro that's got better ink capacity but is still made of metal? The Lamy and TWSBI models look nice, but they also look kind of like, well, toys I guess. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I like my fancy fountain pens to be equally fancy on the outside too.

Price is important, but if I have to shell out something like 40-75 dollars, I can just wait until the end of the month when I get my commission check. Had a good month and a new pen would be a good pat-on-the-back gift, I think.

I stand by my Lamy Al-Star and highly recommend it.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Remora posted:

54th Mass is the bomb diggity.

Seconding this, though I don't use it because I still have a bottle of Black Swan in Australian Roses (the original color, obviously) and it's my favorite ink ever ever ever.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Edmond Dantes posted:

Speaking of Stormy Grey, it's back in stock over at Goulet Pens.

http://www.gouletpens.com/h150-09/p/H150-09

Ordered along with a Lamy italic nib to use it with fuuuck yeah

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Swagger Dagger posted:

Is there an ink that's garish enough to be paired with CHAOS PEN?

Gonna get it and then put highlighter ink into it

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

While the Tasche looks appealing, I prefer the Ohta Rook, though I've seen it get mixed reviews.

Pic of some guy's site: Rook, Tasche, Sport, Safari. In other pics you can see the Rook is slightly shorter than the Pilot Petit and notably slimmer.

That blue/green is god drat beautiful.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

grack posted:

EnsGDT was commenting on the Kaweco, which is the only thing remotely blue/green in that photo.

This is the truth.

Upon doing some research, they don't have a cartridge converter worth a drat for it, which makes me sad, because otherwise I'd buy it today.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Is that a 2014 limited edition green Al-Star with a reddish, Black Swan of Australian Roses color ink in it? If it is, get out of my head, you demon.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

Yes a green all-star but the ink is neither. It's tsuki-yo, I think. Could be ama-iro or polar green. I have forgot.

Ok cool. Phew.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Solumin posted:

I don't think I saw this mentioned in the thread so far. The original formulation of Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses has returned!

I've never used it, but I remember it is/was a beloved color. I've added a sample to quickly-growing wishlist.

YESSSSSSSSS MY DAY TO DAY WORKHORSE HAS RETURNED

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

PRADA SLUT posted:

I have a crisis.

I have three Pilot Metro pens. One is black with the alligator skin, one is silver with the zig-zags, and one is bronze with lizard skin.

I have three nibs: medium, fine, and chisel

I have three inks: black, royal blue, and blood red

How should I combine these?

edit: I write in cursive

My brain says Aligator/Red/Chisel, Silver/Black/fine, and Bronze/Blue/Medium, but that's just me I guess :P

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Captain_Person posted:

Does anybody have any recommendations for a nice, deep purple to buy? I'm liking the look of Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses, but I'm open to suggestions.

For the record, this is my favorite ink, and is in my every day carry pen.

Also, for notebook chat, the owner of this company is a friend of a friend. He gave me some sample notebooks and they're pretty nice, and they do donations to schools every time you buy one!

http://www.writepads.com/

EnsGDT fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Mar 27, 2015

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

atholbrose posted:

I can barely see that, even when I wear my computer glasses and squint.

Anyhow, that means that, per sheet, they are around 2.5 times as expensive as the most expensive notebooks I regularly use (Apica and Clairefontaine) and almost 4 times as expensive as a Rhodia pad. I love buying and trying new paper, but sheesh...

It's true.

I think their big money orders are people/organizations that do bulk, custom orders. Because they're Baltimore based, and charity/school involved, I think the Orioles and Ravens get a lot of their notebooks for the coaches and business staff from them

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

For what it's worth, I adore my Lamy Al Star and it's the only pen I bring to work with me, because it's basically just an aluminum tube, so it can take a beating.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Just get a Lamy Al-Star like the rest of us sane, normal folk.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

My Man Shran posted:

Just order a Soviet Parker '51' knockoff from Bulgaria like the rest of us insane, abnormal folk.

It has a rad red jewel on its cap-Kremlin.

*Guaranteed to contain no less than 51% lead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4M3kwt0ZPw