Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails
Wow, Battlezone! I'd completely forgotten about this game, it was a real forgotten treasure even when it came out as I recall. I didn't even know there was a sequel!

I only played this when I wasn't even in my teens, so I never got very far and quit out of sheer dumb frustration. I should definitely check out the freeware version!

One thing that strikes me immediately watching you play this is how fluid and elegant movement is - your tank behaves very much like I'd imagine any kind of hover vehicle would in space and looks really cinematic and graceful, for lack of a better word. I'll also echo the sentiment that the tinny quality of your voice recording adds a lot of atmosphere to the commentary, though I would like if you could try to boost your recording volume a bit. I'm only on the first video so far though so if you've already done that, ignore me!

Hoping to see this game played all the way through! It appears to be in quite capable hands. :)

EDIT: Voice recording volume already addressed, disregard my prattle.

murphyslaw fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Feb 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread