Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Myron posted:

There were a bunch of RTS/Action-hybrids that came out during the late 90s/early 2000s like Uprising, Battlezone and Hostile Waters. They were all pretty well received, but it seems like the genre pretty much died down after that. I don't know of any similar games that came out between Hostile Waters and the new Carrier Command in 2012.

Battlezone was probably one of the best ones. I was expecting Renegade to also be Battlezone-style in multiplayer.

I played the new Carrier command and it's kinda bad. Savage and Savage 2 also fit into this mold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Yeah. Junping out of your vehicle to get into the buildings is an art in itself. Then the fuckers steal your tank >: (

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Lunethex posted:

Wouldn't it be "commandeer?"

This happened often to me with Scavengers, and then I ejected from my vehicle once and there was invisible collision right above the tank so I ejected and exploded against it. Even if there were no physics the scuttling of the vehicle would have destroyed me as well :(

Actually, there is something I want to ask because I only ever guessed at the ejection command once and I never had that sweet manual, but what are the button presses you have to do to scuttle your vehicle? There were quite a bit of random commands in the game if I recall correctly and going over some would be pretty interesting!

Commandeer is the nautical variant.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I love how gracefully the Sasquatches fly out of the Factory

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

FYI, it is Jupiter in the night sky.

Grizzlies - they are not terrain compatible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I take it then that changing the default loadout of tanks was something that was only added in the 2nd game?

And to be fair, the Fury WAS behind you.
A long way behind you. But still.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Jul 28, 2014

• Locked thread